• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'The Sinner' Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On USA Network
We knew it was returning in August and now we have a date. USA Network has slotted August 1 at 10 PM for the Season 2 premiere of its critically praised drama series The Sinner.

Executive produced by Jessica Biel, the Season 2 storyline follows Detective Harry Ambrose (Bill Pullman) who returns to his hometown in rural New York to assess an unsettling and heart wrenching crime — parents murdered by their 11-year-old son (Elisha Henig), with no apparent motive. As Ambrose realizes there's nothing ordinary about the boy or where he came from, the investigation pulls him into the hidden darkness of his hometown. He's pitted against those who'll stop at nothing to protect its secrets — and the mysterious Vera (Carrie Coon) who proves to be a complicated, enigmatic piece to this haunting puzzle. Cast also includes Natalie Paul and Hannah Gross.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
So I take it Claws is good? I've been interested in checking it out since I saw the promos for the first season. They added it to Hulu recently so I guess I need to put it in my watchlist.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Looking forward to Younger, but surprised it's not (officially?) the final season. The concept already requires your suspension of disbelief be nearly off the charts and to carry it over more than five seasons is pretty ridiculous even though we really enjoy the characters and soapy plotlines.

Kinda interested in seeing an episode of Pose, but honestly, I'd be more into it if this were a reality competition show instead of scripted drama.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The Sinner is coming back? I thought it'd be a one and done series or miniseries if it qualifies. Did the book have a sequel?

I actually saw the book when I went to the hospital recently. They wanted twenty-five cents for it. I'd seen the show though, and have tons of books to get through so I didn't bother.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
New trailer for 12 Monkeys featuring the first movie callback in what feels like forever.

Two more weeks! Previous seasons are on Hulu now for those who need to catch up.

Ive tried a few times to finish the 3rd season, I just kept getting side tracked and forgot where I left off. I need to finish it finally so I can see how it ends!

__

Will probably end up watching Luke Cage and Yellowstone. Hadnt heard Gordon Ramsey is doing a new show till now! Loved his Kitchen Nightmares series and wished he would do more. This looks similar, but with a timelimit.

How was Deep State? Is this the second season?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The Sinner is coming back? I thought it'd be a one and done series or miniseries if it qualifies. Did the book have a sequel?

I actually saw the book when I went to the hospital recently. They wanted twenty-five cents for it. I'd seen the show though, and have tons of books to get through so I didn't bother.

It's an anthology series, so it will be a new story with a new cast.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
It is a positively received new show from one of the most hailed writer/producers around about a largely overlooked subculture (i.e. ball culture). But sure, reduce it to being "just" for the people it is depicting, and reduce the people it is depicting to stereotypes.

You seem really defensive. I've never heard of ball culture, and I live in Chicago, the third largest city.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
My comments about Pose are coming from a 50-year-old, straight, white male. That show's promotion is wholly focused on other demographics than mine. And that's fine.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The subject matter of The Sinner isn't something I'm really checking for now, but the Carrie Coon casting in season 2 is tempting me.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
You seem really defensive. I've never heard of ball culture, and I live in Chicago, the third largest city.

My comments about Pose are coming from a 50-year-old, straight, white male. That show's promotion is wholly focused on other demographics than mine. And that's fine.

The reviews all mention that the show is accessible to people unfamiliar with the culture (in the same way that Friday Night Lights was accessible to people unfamiliar with football), so maybe give it a shot anyway! It's getting good reviews!

Batesity

Jan 18, 2018
Nothing other than Luke Cage really. I might start 12 Monkeys, any other recommendations? I gave GLOW ago in May but just couldn't get into it.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone watched Reverie? I REALLY like the cast, but from the reviews it looks like another procedural with the only difference being the stories taking place in other people's dreams and not real life.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Patrick Melrose is ending next week - I can't take getting gutted like this on a weekly basis for much longer...

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We started watching The Rain last night. Reminds me a lot of 28 Days Later
Yes it felt the same way to me, but imo it's nowhere near 28D/W Later quality even if you acknowledge its smaller budget. Things start to fall apart in the second part of the season. There's one dreadful episode and the finale is very disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it felt the same way to me, but imo it's nowhere near 28D/W Later quality even if you acknowledge its smaller budget. Things start to fall apart in the second part of the season. There's one dreadful episode and the finale is very disappointing.

I can already feel the seems pulling apart with it. The moment the
group shows up and has a gun
I was thinking "oh this feels familiar". I also am worried it's about to go Wayward Pines level of fuckery at the end.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Succession pilot was just kind of blah. Reminded me of Trust without the hook / true crime element. Ended up really enjoying Trust, which also didn't start great, so maybe this will grow on me.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already feel the seems pulling apart with it. The moment the
group shows up and has a gun
I was thinking "oh this feels familiar". I also am worried it's about to go Wayward Pines level of fuckery at the end.

Oh boy, that's only a taste of things to come. ;D By the way I wonder if you'll also hate
Rasmus
by the end of the season. Just an awful character. :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, that's only a taste of things to come. ;D By the way I wonder if you'll also hate
Rasmus
by the end of the season. He's just an awful character. :)

So far such an under developed character the
stabbing
made zero sense so far. Also the evolution so far of
beatrice
has been so dumb

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Succession pilot was just kind of blah. Reminded me of Trust without the hook / true crime element. Ended up really enjoying Trust, which also didn't start great, so maybe this will grow on me.

Agreed. Good enough to keep watching but nothing special yet.

Mediocre reviews for Dietland which starts tonight on AMC with a 2-hr premiere.

Still checking it out but some of those reviews make it sound pretty bad.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to share, not that anyone but me cares...

June

Sunday, 3
(Pose - FX - 9/8c)
(Succession - HBO - 10/9c)

Monday, 4
(Dietland - AMC - 9/8c)
(Unapologetic with Aisha Tyler - AMC - 11/10c)

Sunday, 10
Ghosted - Fox - 8:30/7:30c

Wednesday, 20
Yellowstone - Paramount Network - 9/8c

Sunday, 24
Preacher - AMC - 10/9c

Really appreciate all that you do, Ratsky.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017

I thought it was terrible considering it'a a big new HBO show. Most of the actors just looked awkward saying their lines

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
CB Strike: An extremely dull and generic British murder mystery with no real hook to speak of. Holliday Grainger is the only good thing about it but she also isn't being given anything to work with.

Succession: I thought it was mildly enjoyable. It set up a complicated web of relationships that was thankfully only a little too complicated, and it should be fun watching everyone try to fuck each other over for more power in the coming weeks. Kieran Culkin did a good job with his fey asshole younger brother character and I thought the rest of the cast was solid if unremarkable. I disliked the way it was shot though - all those little camera zooms bugged the heck outta me (didn't The Newsroom do something similar?).

Dietland: I actually liked this, though I admit there are a lot of moving parts to keep track of. Joy Nash, Julianna Margulies, and Robin Weigert were all very good though and I liked the stylistic flourishes. The subject matter is very current but they are maybe coming at the audience with a little too much right out of the gate. Hopefully it all gels before too long.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Whose Line is it Anyway?

NzxTtHy.jpg

They need to promote Whose Line more. Colin Mochrie's saying people don't know the show's been back for 6 seasons already.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, Dietland. I really liked Joy Nash? The rest is pretty messy and confusing... It feels like this pastiche of edgy genre television and current events, but isn't really succeeding at anything right now. It's doling out the central mystery pretty slowly, but said mystery seems pretty tonally disconnected from the rest of the show. So it's about female empowerment but also brutal murder(s)? Is it supposed to be something like the film God Bless America? I'm utterly baffled by it so far. The way that it bounces between tones reminded me of early Gotham a bit, which... Never a good thing.

Anyone watch the after-show? I really like Aisha Tyler, and it being billed as more of a talk show / news show than the fluff that is Talking Dead (no disrespect to the awesome Chris Hardwick) intrigues me. I'm not fully in on any of this so not sure I want to invest the time.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't know Luke Cage was coming out. That's rad. I'll watch that. And Glow season 2! But need to finish Ash vs. Evil Dead first. And 13 Reasons Why.

In terms of movies, I finally want to watch Thor: Ragnarok, and I'll give Stars Wars: TLJ a go as well. Only saw it once in theatres.