• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I know it doesn't technically count because it premiers tonight, Feb. 28th, but Survivor is one I'll be watching. I liked it a lot when it was new, and watched for years, then took a good decade or longer break and got back into it 3 or 4 years ago.

I look forward to the new seasons.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Jessica jones and sneaky Pete. Also new season of voltron is coming to Netflix as well

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New watches:
- Jessica Jones S2

Will check out:
- The Terror
- Krypton
- Siren
- Collateral
- Borderliner
- Life Sentence
- Edha
- Requiem
- The Mechanism
- Barry

Add to backlog:
- The Americans S6
- Atlanta S2

Can't say there's too much to watch. This month will largely be catching up to old seasons. Will definitely watch Jessica Jones. And I'll definitely check out the pilots for The Terror, Krypton, Siren and Collateral.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, forgot Atlanta and Hap and Leonard are coming back. I'm behind on both.

Definitely:
The Americans
Barry
Silicon Valley
Trust

Interested in:
Collateral
The Dangerous Book for Boys
The Terror
+ random foreign shows if word of mouth is good

Delaying Heathers now sure is an interesting choice since they already put the pilot out after the shooting. Like, were they cynically assuming everyone would have put Parkland by now?

Cautiously optimistic since Archer has previously had some good fun in this type of setting.
Interesting... sadly I still haven't seen Wind River or Hell or High Water.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

luca

Oct 25, 2017
lol. Dude, you listed a dozen shows. It is one month of the year!
Gotta be honest. Jessica Jones is the only one I'll watch. I'll leave the rest to the backlog and get to it when I got time for it. But I can see myself checking out both The Terror and Krypton right away.

Interesting... sadly I still haven't seen Wind River or Hell or High Water.
Oh shit... you are in for some fantastic movies. Watch both, now!

Gotta watch the first two episodes together~
I'm all for it, bring it on I say!

This week is all about finishing The Expanse S1, The Good Place S2 and Legion S1 before I really put my teeth into The Americans and just binge watch it all the way through.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm currently watching:

modern family: it's garbage, i just can't stop watching a series i've followed for so long, hope it gets canceled
big bang theory: it's utter garbage, i just can't stop watching a series i've followed for so long, hope it gets canceled
portlandia: it's been a pretty good season
rupaul's drag race all stars: not the biggest fan of this season
the real housewives of atlanta and beverly hills: i'm not even sorry, i love this franchise
project runway all stars: a very good season, very talented group of designers

i think that's all i watch

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely watching:

Jessica Jones
The Last Man on Earth
Silicon Valley
Barry
The Terror
Suits
The Americans
Bite Club

May check out depending on impressions:

Collateral
Krypton
Trust
The Dangerous Book for Boys

Thank you for making these threads, Ratsky. It's so much easier to track shows I want to watch from these rather than depending on those annoying slideshows on industry sites.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly I lack the ability to drop shows, even when I should. Once I start something I'm almost always in for the duration.
i have this same exact problem which is why i just don't start new shows for a few years now, i've never been able to drop a series midway, no matter how bad it got. the one exception being empire. that one i just couldn't do it after i finished season 3. a sane person would have stopped after the first few episodes of season 2.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Thursday, 1

Atlanta Robbin' Season - FX - 10/9c

Friday, 9

Love - Netflix - Final Season

Collateral - Netflix

Sneaky Pete - Amazon

Sunday, 11

The Last Man on Earth - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

Sunday, 25

Silicon Valley - HBO - 10/9c

Trust - FX - 10/9c

Barry - HBO - 10:30/9:30c

Looks like it's going to be a busy month!

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Currently watching Seven Seconds on Netflix and need to get back to The Alienist and Altered Carbon.

Definitely going to watch Atlanta.

And Ill probably give The Terror a shot as well. Not sure about anything else at the moment to be honest, Ill wait for reviews/reactions from others before I jump in too much I guess.

There are just so many damn shows out there now with all of the networks that it is impossible to keep up.

Will definitely be watching Season 2 of the Handmaid's Tale when it releases soon but I guess that is April.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Sweetbitter is an upcoming drama television series that is set to premiere on Starz on May 6, 2018. The first season will consist of six half-hour episodes.

The series is based on the novel of the same name by Stephanie Danler who is also set to write and executive produce for the series.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Will watch these returning shows:
Atlanta
The Good Fight
Hap and Leonard
Jessica Jones (I haven't watched the other Marvel shows which I intended to, but I liked S1 so I think I'll just watch S2 as well)
Sneaky Pete (Eh... not sure I liked this enough to go back or not)
Billions
The Americans
Scream

Will probably try these new shows (plus some I overlooked probably):
Life Sentence
Barry
Splitting Up Together
The Terror

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

So glad the show is coming back soon, still my favorite comedy on Fox.

tumblr_n2vb10AV6l1qen41vo2_250.gif

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Continue watch from last month:

- Counterpart, Best show I've watched in 2018.
- High Maintenance, This show just gets better and better.
- Somebody Feed Phil, This show works, because he is so earnest.
- Here and Now, I have no idea how I feel about this show yet. Since it is Alan Ball I will let the season play out. It does try a little too hard.

March Shows:
- Ugly Delicious (loved the first episode, but the second not so much)
- Atlanta (duh!)
- Love
- The Americans (excited for final season)
- Silicon Valley

I am not sure if I am going to watch Jessica Jones. The first season I liked sometimes, but other times it was a miserable grind to watch. Still I had hope for the season, but after reading Sepinwall's review I am not sure if it is worth my time.

With Taylor Sheridan as show runner, there is no show I am looking forward to more.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if I am going to watch Jessica Jones. The first season I liked sometimes, but other times it was a miserable grind to watch. Still I had hope for the season, but after reading Sepinwall's review I am not sure if it is worth my time.

I dropped it after I read Sepinwall's review. I'm completely over shows that drag out their 6 episodes-worth-of-story across 13 episodes. Please hire non shitty writers Marvel-Netflix.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped it after I read Sepinwall's review. I'm completely over shows that drag out their 6 episodes-worth-of-story across 13 episodes. Please hire non shitty writers Marvel-Netflix.
Eh... I'll say this, you radically underestimate what is dictated to those writers from the top at Marvel and Netflix.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Suffice to say the writers are very much not left to their own devices. Marvel knows what they want from these shows and what beats each season should hit. It's a relatively inhibited creative environment.

It would probably be fair to compare it to a line of comic books with very significant editorial oversight and mandates.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Suffice to say the writers are very much not left to their own devices. Marvel knows what they want from these shows and what beats each season should hit. It's a relatively inhibited creative environment.

It would probably be fair to compare it to a line of comic books with very significant editorial oversight and mandates.

So the slow as fuck stretched out garbage storytelling is a mandate from Marvel themselves? Why on Earth would they want their shows to be that way?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
It seems they would look at the critical reception of Legion, and realize that giving a good show runner freedom is a good thing.

Not my idea, JJ could benefit from standalone episodes. It tries too hard to be a 13 hour movie which the writers don't have the chops for. Of course this is an issue with several shows (even really good shows), and an issue caused by dropping all episodes at one time. Serialized television works best when it remembers it is a television series first. I would love to see Stranger Things remember that in season 3.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
finished altered carbon, loved it.
Want more cyberpunk!

Saw first episode of stranger things, enjoyed it.
Started homeland, up to season 2 ep 4. (i have previously seen seasons 1 + 2 when they first aired but then didnt continue for some reason, going to watch them all now)
Still watching supernatural season 13.

Will probably rewatch LOST at some point.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So the return of The Good Fight was great and pretty damn cathartic:
GxBii0x.gif

and that's the title sequence