• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of good stuff this month from the looks of it! Enjoy!

~ Recent Highlights ~

Little America

An anthology of funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring, and surprising stories about the lives of immigrants in the United States.

Medical Police

Two American doctors discover a deadly virus in Brazil and are recruited as government agents in a race to find a cure and uncover a dark conspiracy.

Visible: Out on Television

The history of the LGBTQ movement through the lens of American TV; combining archival footage and interviews, a look at homophobia, LGBTQ characters and coming out in the TV world.

~

March

Sunday, 1

Babylon Berlin - Netflix

Stateless - ABC Australia - 8:30/7:30c

Axios - HBO - 6/5c

Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c

Monday, 2

Breeders - FX - 10/9c

Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c - Time Period Debut

Tuesday, 3

Empire - Fox - 9/8c - Final Season

Wednesday, 4

Fundamental: Gender Justice. No Exceptions - YouTube

Diggstown - CBC - 8pm

Dave - FXX - 10/9c

Twenties - BET - 10/9c

Thursday, 5

Castlevania - Netflix

Devs - Hulu

Naughts + Crosses - BBC One - 9pm

Better Things - FX - 10/9c

Cake - FXX - 10/9c

Friday, 6

Amazing Stories - Apple TV+

Caronte - Amazon

Hillary - Hulu

Paradise PD - Netflix

The Protector - Netflix

Ugly Delicious - Netflix

ZeroZeroZero - Amazon

The Most Dangerous Animal of All - FX - 8/7c

The Trade - Showtime - 9/8c

Saturday, 7

The Shop - HBO - 10/9c

Sunday, 8

Ride with Norman Reedus - AMC - 11/10c

Monday, 9

Blood - AcornTV

Temple - Spectrum

Cosmos: Possible Worlds - NatGeo - 8/7c

Wednesday, 11

Dirty Money - Netflix

On My Block - Netflix

The Circle: Brazil - Netflix

Boomerang - BET - 10:30/9:30c

Thursday, 12

Hospital Playlist - Netflix

Friday, 13

100 Humans - Netflix

Beastars - Netflix

Bloodride - Netflix

Elite - Netflix

Kingdom - Netflix

Love Island: Australia - Hulu

The Pale Horse - Amazon

The Valhalla Murders - Netflix

Women of the Night - Netflix

Flack - Pop - 10/9c

Sunday, 15

The Wall - NBC - 7/6c

Westworld - HBO - 9/8c

Black Monday - Showtime - 10/9c

Monday, 16

9-1-1 - Fox - 8/7c

Supernatural - The CW - 8/7c - Final Season

Roswell, New Mexico - The CW - 9/8c

The Plot Against America - HBO - 9/8c

My Brilliant Friend - HBO - 10/9c

Tuesday, 17

Naill Ferguson's Networld - PBS - 8/7c

Wednesday, 18

Little Fires Everywhere - Hulu

Motherland: Fort Salem - Freeform - 8/7c

American Housewife - ABC - 9:30/8:30c - Time Period Debut

Brockmire - IFC - 10/9c - Final Season

Thursday, 19

Feel Good - Netflix

Ruthless - BET+

Friday, 20

Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker - Netflix

The Letter for the King - Netflix

The Blacklist - NBC - 8/7c

Monday, 23

Freud - Netflix

Sol Levante - Netflix

Tuesday, 24

East Lake Meadows - PBS - 8/7c

One Day at a Time - Pop - 9:30/8:30c

Council of Dads - NBC - 10/9c

Tosh.0 - Comedy Central - 10/9c

Wednesday, 25

Earth's Sacred Wonders - PBS - 10/9c

Thursday, 26

7seeds - Netflix

Unorthodox - Netflix

Tacoma FD - TruTV - 10/9c

Friday, 27

Baghdad Central - Hulu

Il Processo - Netflix

Making the Cut - Amazon

Ozark - Netflix

Somewhere South - PBS - 9/8c

The Inn at Little Washington: A Delicious Documentary - PBS - 10/9c

Vagrant Queen - Syfy - 10/9c

Sunday, 29

Call the Midwife - PBS - 8/7c

Vice - Showtime - 8/7c

Three Busy Debras - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Beef House - Adult Swim - 12:15/11:15c

Monday, 30

The Schouwendam 12 - Acorn TV

Almost Paradise - WGN America - 10/9c

Tuesday, 31

If Loving You is Wrong - OWN - 10/9c

Last edited:
(click on the image to see the trailer)
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Stateless - ABC Australia (March 1)

An air hostess escaping a cult, an Afghan refugee saving his family, an Australian father escaping a dead-end job and a bureaucrat trying to contain a national scandal each struggle – to the limits of their sanity – with an immigration system that is itself struggling.

Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC (March 1)

'Dispatches From Elsewhere' centers around four ordinary people who feel there's something missing in their lives, but they can't quite put their finger on what it is. This diverse foursome is brought together by chance when they stumble onto a puzzle hiding just behind the veil of everyday life. As they begin to accept the mysterious Dispatches from Elsewhere challenges, they come to find that the mystery winds deeper than they imagined, and their eyes are opened to a world of possibility and magic.

Breeders - FX (March 2)

'Breeders' is an uncompromising comedy that explores the lives of Paul and Ally as they juggle full-time careers, aging parents, a mortgage and the unenviable curveballs of parenting their young children. When Ally's estranged father appears on their doorstep, the family essentially takes on a third child but this one comes with baggage and opinions.

Fundamental: Gender Justice. No Exceptions - YouTube (March 4)

6RB4aWO.png

A character-driven documentary film series presented in five short episodes, directed by two-time Academy Award-winner Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Each episode shines a light on grassroots activists and community organizers who are fighting for gender justice and disrupting the status quo to alter the course of history.

At a time of unprecedented political uprisings around the globe, Fundamental introduces audiences to grassroots movements and community leaders who are standing up for our fundamental human rights. The series profiles a distinct set of remarkable grassroots leaders working on issues from ending child marriage in Pakistan to pursuing LGBTQI liberation in Georgia. These incredible leaders are at the front lines of fighting for gender justice, and mobilizing to write new futures for themselves, their societies, and the world.

Dave - FXX (March 4)

'Dave' is centered on a neurotic man in his late twenties who has convinced himself that he's destined to be one of the best rappers of all time. Now he must convince his closest friends, because with their help, he actually might convince the world. The series is based on the life of rapper and comedian Dave Burd (Lil Dicky).

Twenties - BET (March 4)

The series follows the adventures of a queer black girl named Hattie and her two best friends, Marie and Nia, as they chase their dreams and live life in their twenties.

Devs - Hulu (March 5)

'Devs' follows the story of a young software engineer, Lily Chan, who investigates the secretive development division of her employer which she believes is behind her boyfriend's murder.

Created, written, and directed by Alex Garland.

Naughts + Crosses - BBC One (March 5)

The series follows two young people Sephy and Callum, who are divided by their colour but united by love. Sephy is a 'Cross', a member of the black ruling class and daughter of a prominent politician. Callum is a 'Nought', a white member of the underclass. The two have been friends since early childhood but their relationship grows ever more complicated as they come of age. It's the story of two families separated by power and prejudice but forever entwined by fate.

Amazing Stories - Apple TV+ (March 6)

This reimagining of the classic anthology series transports everyday characters into worlds of wonder, possibility, and imagination.

Caronte - Amazon (March 6)

The story of Samuel Caronte, an unjustly convicted expeller who leaves the prison converted into a criminal lawyer.

With his experience as a prisoner and as an agent of the law and in order to defend those who, like him, did not have access to a good defense, he will have to earn a reputation and navigate the complicated waters of the judicial world. While working on various cases, he will begin investigating the events that led to his conviction eight years ago to find the justice he did not have then.

Hillary - Hulu (March 6)

A remarkably intimate portrait of a public woman, 'Hillary' interweaves revealing moments from never-before-seen 2016 campaign footage with biographical chapters of her life. Featuring exclusive interviews with Hillary Rodham Clinton herself, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, friends and journalists, the series examines how she became at once one of the most admired and vilified women in the world.

ZeroZeroZero - Amazon (March 6)

Based on the book of the same name by bestselling author Roberto Saviano (Gomorrah), 'ZeroZeroZero' is an unforgettable exploration of the inner workings of the global cocaine trade.

The Most Dangerous Animal of All - FX (March 6)

Based on The New York Times best-selling book of the same name, 'The Most Dangerous Animal of All' is a four-part documentary series that explores one man's search for the father who abandoned him, only to uncover the worst: he believes his father is the Zodiac killer, one of the most infamous serial killers in American history.

Temple - Spectrum (March 9)

In this character-driven drama, a brilliant but haunted surgeon must sacrifice everything for the ones he loves by opening an underground clinic.

Hospital Playlist - Netflix (March 12)

Since starting as undergrads in 1999, five doctors remain good friends and colleagues at the same hospital. While their day to day lives seem ordinary, they are in the microcosm of life as they bear witness to people being born and dying on a day to day basis. Throughout their years as friends, the love for music each doctor has resulted in the quintet starting a band together.

100 Humans - Netflix (March 13)

qMbDDiB.jpg

One hundred hardy souls from diverse backgrounds participate in playful experiments exploring age, sex, happiness and other aspects of being human.

Beastars - Netflix (March 13)

In a world where beasts of all kinds coexist, a gentle wolf awakens to his own predatory urges as his school deals with a murder within its midst.

Bloodride - Netflix (March 13)

DivREEu.jpg

The doomed passengers aboard a spectral bus head toward a gruesome, unknown destination in this deliciously macabre horror anthology series.

The Pale Horse - Amazon (March 13)

Based on the Agatha Christie novel of the same name, it follows the story of Mark Easterbrook whose name appears on a list found inside the shoe of a dead woman. He begins an investigation into how and why his name came to appear on the list which leads him to The Pale Horse, the home of three rumored witches.

The Valhalla Murders - Netflix (March 13)

bZoDamy.jpg

An Oslo detective with a painful past returns to his native Iceland to help a dedicated cop hunt a serial killer with a link to a mysterious photo.

Women of the Night - Netflix (March 13)

HeiFMQD.jpg

Haunted by a shadowy past, the wife of a rising star in Amsterdam's mayoral office finds herself drawn into the city's underworld of sex and drugs.

The Plot Against America - HBO (March 16)

From creators David Simon and Ed Burns (The Wire) comes 'The Plot Against America,' an alternate American history story of the country's turn to fascism told through the eyes of a working-class Jewish family in New Jersey.

Little Fires Everywhere - Hulu (March 18)

Based on Celeste Ng's 2017 bestseller, 'Little Fires Everywhere' follows the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and an enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. The story explores the weight of secrets, the nature of art and identity, the ferocious pull of motherhood – and the danger in believing that following the rules can avert disaster.

Motherland: Fort Salem - Freeform (March 18)

Set in an alternate, present-day America where witches ended their persecution 300 years ago by cutting a deal with the U.S. government to fight for their country, the series follows three young women from basic training in combat magic into terrifying and thrilling early deployment.

Feel Good - Netflix (March 19)

Mae Martin stars as herself, a Canadian comedian living in London, navigating a relationship with her new girlfriend, George and dealing with sobriety.

Ruthless - BET+ (March 19)

P4eL4ws.jpg

'Ruthless,' a spin-off of the hit television series 'The Oval,' tells the riveting story of a woman named Ruth who kidnaps her young daughter to join her in the dark underworld of a fanatical religious cult.

Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker - Netflix (March 20)

The true story of African American entrepreneur Madam C.J. Walker, who built a haircare empire that made her the first female self-made millionaire.

The Letter for the King - Netflix (March 20)

In this sweeping fantasy series, a teenage knight-in-training receives a secret letter on which the fate of the kingdom depends. He embarks on an epic quest to deliver it to the king and stop the world from being plunged into darkness.

Freud - Netflix (March 23)

A young Sigmund Freud solves disappearances and murders in late 19th-century Vienna, where he and a psychic medium get tangled in an occult conspiracy.

Council of Dads - NBC (March 24)

When Scott Perry, a loving father of five, has his entire life's plan thrown into upheaval by an unexpected health scare, he calls on a few of his most trusted friends to step in as back-up dads to help guide and support his growing family - just in case he ever can't be there to do it himself. There's Anthony, Scott's oldest and most loyal friend; Larry, his tough-love AA sponsee; and Oliver, his dedicated doctor and wife's dearest friend. Together, they discover that there's more to being a father than anyone could do alone - and more to being a family than they ever thought possible.

Unorthodox - Netflix (March 26)

GisWC48.png

A young woman flees to Berlin from an arranged marriage in Brooklyn. Then her past catches up to her.

Baghdad Central - Hulu (March 27)

November 2003 and Baghdad is occupied by forces of a US-led coalition, but the disbandment of the Iraqi establishment in the aftermath of the invasion means no one is in charge and there is no effective rule of law.

In the midst of this turbulent time, Iraqi ex-policeman Mushin al- Khafaji has lost everything and is battling daily to keep himself and his sick daughter Mrouj safe. But when he learns that his estranged elder daughter Sawsan is missing, Khafaji is forced into a desperate search. He soon discovers that Sawsan and her two close friends have been leading a hidden life that's led them into great danger.

Based on the novel by Elliott Colla.

Il Processo - Netflix (March 27)

In splendid Mantua, a chorus of characters gravitate around the brutal murder of seventeen year old Angelica. Among these are the PM Elena Guerra, who discovers that she is inextricably linked to the victim, and the lawyer Ruggero Barone, for which the trial of her assistant represents the opportunity of a lifetime. Everyone walks in the balance, perpetually on the edge of a razor: that of a process whose outcome will decide the new course of life for everyone.

Making the Cut - Amazon (March 27)

12 designers – 1 chance to make the cut. Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn reunite to discover the next global fashion brand.

Vagrant Queen - Syfy (March 27)

With civilization at stake, it's this queen, this deadbeat and this mechanic against a whole damn galaxy.

Three Busy Debras - Adult Swim (March 29)

A comedy which follows the surreal day-to-day lives of three deranged housewives, all named Debra, in their affluent suburban town of Lemoncurd, Connecticut.

Beef House - Adult Swim (March 29)

Comedy- duo Tim and Eric make their television series return in the all-new sitcom 'Beef House,' about five men - Tim, Eric, Ron Auster, Ben Hur, Tennessee Luke – and Eric's wife Megan, living under one roof. Each week Tim, a laid-back rock-and-roll slacker, and his best friend Eric, a high-strung stay-at-home husband, find themselves in the middle of a madcap misadventure that can only be traversed with the help of their fellow Beef Boys.

The Schouwendam 12 - Acorn TV (March 30)

The story is about the village of Schouwendam, which has been suffering from two enigmatic disappearances for 25 years. Since 1995, a 16-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy have been missing without a trace. The moment a mysterious man appears in the village, it brings the past to life explosively. If there are also fatalities, the paranoia in the village will strike completely.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting for Ozark season 3 to start, woo! Loved the first two seasons surprisingly much so wanna see where the show's going this time around.

In the meantime, we decided to start watching The Sinner (season 1), and it's a surprisingly captivating crime drama with some fine-ass performances from Biel and Pullman. Despite not being very graphic (due to airing on USA), it's a surprisingly uncomfortable show, especially that scene closer to the end of the season. UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Have two episodes left and high hopes for the show.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Looks like The Plot Against America, and My Brilliant Friend for me this month.

Likewise.

I really don't watch much television at all, maybe five or six seasons/series of a TV show every year however, 'My Brilliant Friend' was both captivating and haunting television, and I love anything David Simon does, especially in the context of a troubled American politics system.

Anyhoo, does anybody have any idea when 'What We Do in the Shadows' returns?

That 'Vampire Council' episode was my single favourite thing I saw on telly last year!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Really good Netflix month for me with Castlevania, Kingdom, and On My Block. Also a great example of what they do well, in offering so much variety. I enjoy all 3 shows, and all 3 are very different.

I'm probably most looking forward to Devs on Hulu.

Westworld S3 seems to have the makings of a bounce back season.

Motherland: Fort Salem is my sleeper pick for show I might end up enjoying a lot.

Props on the thread as always Ratsky

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly not interested in anything based on the descriptions. I'd only watch Ozark. I'll be on the lookout for positive impressions though.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Not a lot of new stuff leaping out there.

Dispatches from Elsewhere looks most interesting to me. Maybe Valhalla Murders, The Plot Against America and Letter From the King depending on their reviews. Looking forward to Ozark S3. I'll be catching up from before too, maybe Altered Carbon S2, The Stranger, Homeland.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode of Dispatches from Elsewhere and really enjoyed it. It scratches a bit of that Lodge 49 itch for me.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Motherland: Fort Salem - Just look at that picture and what it is about. How can anyone resist?
Vagrant Queen - Need my pulpy sci-fi.
The Valhalla Murders - I'm always down for some Euro-crime stuff.
Roswell - I didn't particularly love the first season but I liked the cast, will probably give this a shot.

A bunch of the rest looks interesting but I just don't have the time.

edit: Forgot Westworld. I'll definitely make time for that.

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Massive month Thanks Rats!

Can't wait for My Brilliant Friend, Westworld, and The Plot Against America.

Sunday, 1
Axios - HBO - 6/5c
This and The Weekly scratch that missing Vice itch a bit.

Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c
No idea about this but it reminds me of Lodge 49.

Monday, 2
Breeders - FX - 10/9c
Hadn't heard of it but I'll give it a shot.

Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c - Time Period Debut

Wednesday, 4
Dave - FXX - 10/9c
Looks fun. Male version of Nora From Queens (which is awesome and you should be watching)?

Thursday, 5
Castlevania - Netflix
Heck yeah. Season 2 was too long and had too much talking, here's hoping 3 strikes a balance between 1 and 2.

(Devs - Hulu)
Really angry this isn't on the linear channel.

Better Things - FX - 10/9c
Love this show.

Cake - FXX - 10/9c
Season 1 was surprisingly fun. I hope Jerome is back.

Friday, 6
The Most Dangerous Animal of All - FX - 8/7c
No idea what this is.

Saturday, 7
(The Shop - HBO - 10/9c)
Not into basketball but maybe this is deeper.

Monday, 9
(Cosmos: Possible Worlds - NatGeo - 8/7c)
Had no clue this was coming back. When does it air on FOX?

Friday, 13
Beastars - Netflix
This has been hyped to the moon for me; let's see.

Sunday, 15
Westworld - HBO - 9/8c
Trailers have been excellent.

Monday, 16
9-1-1 - Fox - 8/7c
I love this stupid show. Lone Star is fun too.

The Plot Against America - HBO - 9/8c
DAVID SIMON.

My Brilliant Friend - HBO - 10/9c
Highlight of the month.

Thursday, 26
Tacoma FD - TruTV - 10/9c
Love this stupid show too. Wish Jon Glaser Loves Gear was coming back with it. It's Super Troopers in a firehouse. What more do you need?

Sunday, 29
(Vice - Showtime - 8/7c)
I had NO CLUE Showtime picked this up! I'm still waiting for the nightly show to come back. Doubt I'll subscribe to Showtime just for this but I'm tempted.

Three Busy Debras - Adult Swim - 12/11c
Beef House - Adult Swim - 12:15/11:15c
Two dumb live action Adult Swim shows. Shrug.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Will be watching these for sure:

Devs
Hillary
Westworld
The Blacklist

Interested to see how some other shows turn out.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Dispatches from Elsewhere
Breeders
Devs
Amazing Stories
ZeroZeroZero
Kingdom
Westworld
The Plot Against America
Ozark

I'd say at least five of these I've been anticipating for over a year. It's a killer month.

I hadn't even heard of zerozerozero and after watching the trailer I'm fully on board. Dane Dehaan has picked some shitty movies but his acting is on point and I love both the movie and show gammorah. The trailer have it a very soderbergh traffic vibe which is right up my alley

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
Ozark and Westworld are my most and longest anticipated. That's pretty much it from this list, I'm already hooked on Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead, Homeland, Outlander and Kidding.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania - Season 2 was so boring until the end fight, but the episodes are short enough.
Ozark - This should become the Julia Garner Show now that she has an Emmy.
Westworld - S2 was uneven overall, but I want to see where it goes.

For later in the year:

Little Fires Everywhere - Looks like soapy fun - will watch for Reese and Kerry.
The Plot Against America - Have to be in a certain mood for this.
ZeroZeroZero - Looks kind of interesting - I'll keep on an eye on it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just Ozark and Castlevania for me, rest is catch up.

also RatskyWatsky thank you for these and other TV related threads as you obviously put some real effort in them and as someone who is extremely lazy and hates making threads, I apreciate it.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Westworld and Ozark - can't wait. There are quite a few good looking new shows coming too so I will try to give some of them a shot. Plot against America looks like a must watch so I hope it gets broadcast in the UK in a timely manner.

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
Babylon Berlin
Devs
ZeroZeroZero
Kingdom
Westworld
The Plot Against America

Great month it seems!!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I'm so overloaded right now I might wait.
Thanks, as always, for the thread Ratsky.

Good reviews for Devs so far.

Sounds like a polarizing show to some extent.

I'm somewhat glad it's a little mixed though I really love Alex Garland and definitely shouldn't be. It just makes me feel a touch better for skipping it. I'm still peeved over them pulling the rug out from us with this show and their other exclusive "FX on Hulu" offerings... that didn't start that way and were never intended for that platform.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Only definite watches are:
Devs
The Plot Against America
Westworld

If time, reviews, and interest allows, maybe some of the international shows. I'll wait and see if anything pops.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck yeah, Castlevania and Westworld! Very interested in checking out Devs, I'm a fan of Alex Garland's work. Also, this thread just reminded me I haven't watched the second season of Ozark yet.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks. I'm so overloaded right now I might wait.

I'm somewhat glad it's a little mixed though I really love Alex Garland and definitely shouldn't be. It just makes me feel a touch better for skipping it. I'm still peeved over them pulling the rug out from us with this show and their other exclusive "FX on Hulu" offerings... that didn't start that way and were never intended for that platform.

Why would you be upset about that?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Going through the list, it's gonna be ZeroZeroZero (HYPED!) and The Plot Against America for me. Glad to have discovered the first one as a megafan of Gomorrah, looks amazing. And the season's almost finished here in Europe!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Devs is a show I was really excited for. Devs (along with the other promising shows held captive by "FX on Hulu") was silently moved from the FX linear channel to "FX on Hulu."

And correct, I have a billion subscriptions already and don't want Hulu right now. The whole thing has just been dishonest. Will Devs ever come to cable? Who knows. Do they care that all these subscription services are making it worse than a single cable subscription used to be? Doesn't seem so, or at least it's hard to tell through all these dollar signs.

I would be far less peeved had FX been forthright, but the timing of all this is probably such that where these shows ended up was in the hands of their new parent.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to miss it with how they've been tacking it on to the end of all their shows on their services. Sat down to watch TWD last night and I was like, this episode is 2 hours long? Nah, it was 3 episodes of TV smashed together (TWD + both Dispatches). Sneaky buggers.

That said, I also got heavy Lodge 49 vibes and will be checking it out.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Devs is a show I was really excited for. Devs (along with the other promising shows held captive by "FX on Hulu") was silently moved from the FX linear channel to "FX on Hulu."

And correct, I have a billion subscriptions already and don't want Hulu right now. The whole thing has just been dishonest. Will Devs ever come to cable? Who knows. Do they care that all these subscription services are making it worse than a single cable subscription used to be? Doesn't seem so, or at least it's hard to tell through all these dollar signs.

I would be far less peeved had FX been forthright, but the timing of all this is probably such that where these shows ended up was in the hands of their new parent.
You could just hold off until there's nothing you want to watch on one service and swap it for another for a bit. Streaming is still vastly superior due to flexibility.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch Dispatches from Elsewhere last night? Worth checking out?

I really liked both episodes. The cast is terrific, it's quirky in an appealing way, it's visually interesting, and thematically/vibe-wise it has a lot in common with Lodge 49.

What reviews I've seen were positive and RatskyWatsky mentioned it in the same company as Lodge 49, so I am going to give it a whirl later tonight.

👍

You making the OT?

You could just hold off until there's nothing you want to watch on one service and swap it for another for a bit. Streaming is still vastly superior due to flexibility.

^^^^

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the first episode of Dispatches from Elsewhere, really, really good. I mean really, really, really good.

I wasn't sure what to expect, going into it all I really knew was some of the cast, that it apparently had some sort of Lodge 49-esque quality, and I remember the real thing when it happened, but what the show was going to be never really coalesced in my head.

I was initially worried with the Richard E. Grant opening, I thought "Oh no, this might be leaning too far into it." but that couldn't have been farther from the truth. For such a strong and pronounced high concept at the center of this, this was a character piece through and through and with Jason Segel as the sad center of this episode it all worked beautifully. There is a tiny, tiny moment near the end where Janice asks Simone her name and when Simone tells her you get this lovely moment of Peter mouthing along with her that made me smile so dang much.

So, yeah, fantastic start.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Breeders on FX played like a colder remake of the FX series Married. Or like a less clever/funny Catastrophe. It wasn't bad, just sort of...inessential feeling.

Naw, my Hulu lapsed a few months ago, and I don't plan on starting it back up for a while.

Gotcha. I can throw one up then if need be~

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

There was nothing silent about the move. They did a big press release in November about moving the 4 shows to Hulu. Even since, it's been talked about every time FX and/or Hulu has spoken at TV events, corporate statements, etc. They have consistently said they're exclusive* and only on that service. Unless these shows convinced you to lock into some long-term cable deal several months ago, how have you been deceived or hurt?

*Until they're not, like all exclusive shows, movies, games, albums, etc.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Next week - one of the best things about Netflix is their international fare. Dark is still my favorite thing I've seen from another country, but this is probably #2.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Next week - one of the best things about Netflix is their international fare. Dark is still my favorite thing I've seen from another country, but this is probably #2.

Agreed, Dark and Kingdom were fantastic. I just started the German show Dogs of Berlin last night, looks interesting.

www.youtube.com

DOGS OF BERLIN Trailer (2018) Netflix Series

Dogs of Berlin Trailer - 2018 Netflix Series starring Felix Kramer, Anna Maria MüheSubscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=serientrail...