• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews for the second season of 13 Reasons Why are coming in... more like 13 Reasons Not to Watch amirite?
(it's getting pretty panned)

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
^^^Lol. I've never even watched the first season. There's too much stuff on Netflix to even try and keep up.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
I'm halfway through the first season of Brockmire. God I really love this show. Shades of You're the Worst and Bojack Horseman.

Other than that I don't really watch much tv. The Americans has been great as per usual, more of a downer than its ever been. Also decided to start Cheers and I love Shelley Long.

Also I'm so disappointed in myself with how I'm kinda excited for Mayans. I'm desperate for Latino-American shows man.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
HBO Summer premieres:
HBO has booked summer return dates for two of its comedy series. The premium net said today that Season 4 of the Dwayne Johnson's Ballers will bow at 10 PM Sunday, August 12, followed at 10:30 by the third-season debut of Issa Rae's Insecure. Check out the new Ballers trailer below.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit man, I liked the show a lot but the last 15 or so minutes of Sons of Anarchy have to be among the worst bullshit I have ever seen.

Like what the fuck is even going on and how do you decide to pull a Matrix 3 at the end of this show? Ugh.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit man, I liked the show a lot but the last 15 or so minutes of Sons of Anarchy have to be among the worst bullshit I have ever seen.

Like what the fuck is even going on and how do you decide to pull a Matrix 3 at the end of this show? Ugh.

Oh man. I didn't watch the final season after Season 6(?) had 1hr+ episodes that each had singing montages. I may need to wiki the story though after a statement like that.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I don't watch many reality shows, but I enjoyed World of Dance last summer. Will be watching it again for season 2.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCK @ episode 2 of Patrick Melrose

One of the most enraging and horrifying episodes of anything I've ever seen. I feel like screaming right now.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017

One of the most enraging and horrifying episodes of anything I've ever seen. I feel like screaming right now.

I was planning to watch it after I eat breakfast and now I'm even more hyped.

ratsky putting that TV-ERA work in.

edit: I've watched it now, and HOLY FUCK doesn't even begin to cover it. Brilliant/horrifying. Hugo Weaving is terrifying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Hugo Weaving is terrifying.

@ Hugo Weaving and his douchey friend:

M51Wg4C.gif

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Oh great. I will be an emotional wreck tomorrow then. yaaaaaaaay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that I'm not already an emotional wreck (but for way better reasons) thanks to The Good Fight, not only was the latest episode another in a terrific run. They pulled the most bold ass stunt and just didn't care to let anyone know.

So background, in episode 3, season 4 of its predecessor show The Good Wife, this dude, a tech blogger at the time appears for about two minutes as a witness in the episode

Now flash forward six goddamn years, and we have a need for another witness for a different case. They cast the same actor (hell I wouldn't be shocked if they actually sought him out). What does this show do? Recycle an actor to play two different parts like almost every other show? No of course not, they keep shit consistent because it's The Good Universe and it truly has the deepest lore. Part of me wonders if there isn't a goddamn scene where he talks about his transition from tech blogging to comic books and they just cut it for time.

It's a million tiny details like this one that makes me love these shows so much.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I hope Season 3 can maximize the show's cast and potential.

I like the show and want to love it. S2 kinda lost me with its lack of cohesion on the road. I liked the first season a lot more where it was all based in one place. I realize the first season wasn't even in the comics though, it was sort of a prequel.

Batesity

Jan 18, 2018
Watched the first few episodes of Superstore and man this show is hilarious, especially for someone who's worked retail.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I like the show and want to love it. S2 kinda lost me with its lack of cohesion on the road. I liked the first season a lot more where it was all based in one place. I realize the first season wasn't even in the comics though, it was sort of a prequel.

The 2nd season spent a lot of time in the same place as well and was one of the reasons I found it somewhat disappointing. The beginning of the season had some real momentum, then they just started to slow down.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: I forgot if this was posted before. Here's the trailer:

Ok, so I finished the first three-parter The Cuckoo's Calling (it even got the Cinemax bradning since it's on HBO here). It's a British detective show with all of its trappings. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is this your rebrand Cinemax? Both Britbox and Acorn TV exists you know.
You promised "fun, high-octane, action, pulpy, straight-to-series dramas done in a cost-effective way primarily as international co-productions."

But instead we get kinda dour British detective shows, this one is even less violent, features less sex, and doesn't even have a gimmick (or a killer soundtrack) like Rellik. Cinemax pls.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Is this your rebrand Cinemax? Both Britbox and Acorn TV exists you know.
You promised "fun, high-octane, action, pulpy, straight-to-series dramas done in a cost-effective way primarily as international co-productions."

But instead we get kinda dour British detective shows, this one is even less violent, features less sex, and doesn't even have a gimmick (or a killer soundtrack) like Rellik. Cinemax pls.

Warrior can't come soon enough!

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
I started The Handmaid's Tale and was not expecting it to be this good. I had no knowledge about anything prior to the show so I'm really realllly enjoying it! Just finished the third episdoe. Can't wait to catch up!

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Full trailer for Strange Angel. (region locked to the US, will update later if I find a region free one... and remember that I said to update this post)

It looks pretty damn interesting at least. Then again, you can't really go wrong with a healthy mix of early days of rocket science + satanism

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching Bojack Horseman. This show is kinda hilarious, depressing and amazing.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, it gets more hilarious, depressing and amazing, just you wait!
On Ep11 S2 and damn, this show never lets Bojack (or the audience) of the hook does it? And Bojack continues to make horrible decisions.

One thing I'm not such a big fan of is Bojack's upbringing. For all the ways the show denies providing easy answers to life's dillemas, it's a bit disappointing they felt the need to "explain" Bojack's depression to be caused by his abusive parents.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Bojack Horseman is one of those shows that I need to watch.

I saw the first episode and liked it. And I hear it keeps getting better from there.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So I caught up with Patrick Melrose again, and was left an emotional wreck again. I was promised a kinda amusing drama about addiction and childhood trauma, not the most gut wrenching meditation on the cycle(s) of abuse and its effects the small screen probably has ever produced.

To have the centrepiece of your entire episode be a conversation between two people, in a single space, with no accompanying music, with very little camera movement, and just rely on the words and the actors' ability to so utterly convey the intent and feelings of the scene is not your everyday occurrence. But Patrick Melrose pulled it off, and brilliantly at that. Benedict Cumberbatch is doing career best in the titular role, and as is pretty much every single one in the cast. The child actors are astonishingly good, I find it almost impossible to believe that the actor playing young Patrick is doing his first role.

The director, Edward Berger, doesn't put a single foot wrong throughout the entire episode and to cap it off he crafts some astonishingly well crafted long takes in the episode as well. And I would be remiss to not also say that the script by David Nicholls is absolute top tier being able to thread the needle perfectly on some touchy subjects whilst also writing some of the wittiest lines on TV (and the show I watched right before was The Good Fight, so it had some stiff competition). Granted some of it could be remains from the source materials, but since I'm not acquainted with that I'm delighted to hear them now.

I could go on listing just about every single aspect of the show, the production design, the cinematography, virtually all of it is impeccable.

It's haunting and harrowing television, but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't end up at the very top of my list of the year's best shows.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
So I caught up with Patrick Melrose again, and was left an emotional wreck again. I was promised a kinda amusing drama about addiction and childhood trauma, not the most gut wrenching meditation on the cycle(s) of abuse and its effects the small screen probably has ever produced.

To have the centrepiece of your entire episode be a conversation between two people, in a single space, with no accompanying music, with very little camera movement, and just rely on the words and the actors' ability to so utterly convey the intent and feelings of the scene is not your everyday occurrence. But Patrick Melrose pulled it off, and brilliantly at that. Benedict Cumberbatch is doing career best in the titular role, and as is pretty much every single one in the cast. The child actors are astonishingly good, I find it almost impossible to believe that the actor playing young Patrick is doing his first role.

The director, Edward Berger, doesn't put a single foot wrong throughout the entire episode and to cap it off he crafts some astonishingly well crafted long takes in the episode as well. And I would be remiss to not also say that the script by David Nicholls is absolute top tier being able to thread the needle perfectly on some touchy subjects whilst also writing some of the wittiest lines on TV (and the show I watched right before was The Good Fight, so it had some stiff competition). Granted some of it could be remains from the source materials, but since I'm not acquainted with that I'm delighted to hear them now.

I could go on listing just about every single aspect of the show, the production design, the cinematography, virtually all of it is impeccable.

It's haunting and harrowing television, but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't end up at the very top of my list of the year's best shows.

This. All of this. It's putting everything else on TV right now to shame.