• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This season of Power has been super entertaining - it's maybe the best season yet. The development at the very end of tomorrow's episode is just...*chef's kiss* Tasha MVP

MilesQ

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Goliath season 3 is fun but Billy isn't doing any lawyering at all at this point (actually he's just kind of wandering around while the plot happens around him)

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Forget to check out the new thread for the month until now. Will definitely be watching these:

Sorry For Your Loss
Mr. Robot
El Camino
Silicon Valley

Might check out Nancy Drew (and likely regret it later ala Riverdale?). Plus whatever else I hear is good I guess.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
damn that latest episode of The Affair had a great twist. Also I don't know how they resolved that halfway through. Seemed like endgame material

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
damn that latest episode of The Affair had a great twist. Also I don't know how they resolved that halfway through. Seemed like endgame material

The entire Joanie/Ben part was so fucking stupid and forced though. Both characters are absolutely batshit insane and literally don't act like a real human. I also still don't understand where all this is going.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The entire Joanie/Ben part was so fucking stupid and forced though. Both characters are absolutely batshit insane and literally don't act like a real human. I also still don't understand where all this is going.

AV Club brought up a good point re: Joanie and the release form - either she signed her name as Gertrude so it wouldn't be binding, or she signed her real name while under cover, which, lol

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

I can understand why you'd feel that way, but I loved their interactions. Ben is a fun character to watch. She has some good acting moments but sometimes she's super fake.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'The End of the F***ing World': Tim Key Joins Cast, Premiere Date Set For Season 2
Tim Key, who is best known for playing sidekick Simon in Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, is joining the cast of The End of the F***ing World for season two of the Channel 4/Netflix drama.

Key will play motel owner Gus in the new series, which will launch in the UK on Channel 4 on Monday 4 November at 10PM, with the entire season being uploaded to streaming service All4 soon after.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So this is not a new TV show but this feels like the most appropriate thread to post about this right now...

I am binge watching ER for the first time ever and I'm reaching the end of Season 8 and I am a complete wreck right now crying like a baby in front of my tv...

I can't remember the last time a TV/Movie made my cry but holy shit...

I'm finishing up the episode "On the Beach" where Mark Green dies and Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk

I had the scratchy throat for most of the episode but the fucking montage of "Over the Rainbow" playing over images of his familly and him walking around the empty ER completely BROKE me.... Holy shit....

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
end-of-fxxxing-world-season-2-poster.jpeg

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just finished Seis Manos... WOW! That was fucking great. It's pretty much an adult Saturday Morning cartoon but so well executed... and some AWESOME animation and fight choreography. can't recommend it enough.
I just watched ep. 1 and it is my kinda jam; 70s kung fu flick set in Mexico. Sign me uuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
  • The Good Place (NBC)
  • Always Sunny (FXX)
  • The Rookie (ABC)
  • Succession (HBO)
  • Righteous Gemstones (HBO)
  • South Park (CC)
  • Bob's Burgers (Fox)
Anyone checked out Stumptown yet?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone watching Emergence? Catching up on this week's episode, I dig it so far. The girl playing Piper is great and Allison Tolman is fantastic as expected. Still early but I'm hoping it will have a good arc.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
After seeing Dark on Netflix for some time I finally gave it a try, and holy shit am I glad I did. After finishing season 1 this may be the best time traveling show/movie I've ever seen.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished watching Seis Manos on Netflix and overall really enjoyed this series

It plays to its strengths with good villains, brutal action, and some nice twists. It's clearly set up for the story to continue, so hopefully it comes back for another season.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
LTTP on a few shows this month

The Act (Hulu) - 10/10

Loved this show so much. Didn't know the true story it's based on so it was all new to me. The acting is exemplary, especially from Arquette who was clearly wasted in Medium all those years. Not sure I've been this gripped watching a show for such a long time, couldn't stop watching and one of those shows you can't stop thinking about when you're not watching it.

Criminal: UK (Netflix) - 4/10

The strong cast couldn't save this mess. The intense and long interrogation scenes of Line of Duty are probably my favourite part of the show, so naturally I was looking forward to Criminal given its concept. Unfortunately the execution is poor, as a show like this depends on stellar writing, and that isn't anywhere to be seen. Disappointing.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I should check this show out. I feel like this, Killing Eve, and Fleabag are the big recent award winner gaps for me. I tried the pilot for Killing Even and really had no idea what everyone saw in it, never continued. Haven't tried any episodes of the other two but they're on ze list.
Disney out here flexing today.

And then I was like, oh cool, this should be a fun couple-minute trailer. IT'S 200 MINUTES LONG. Disney like NETFLIX WHO?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm 3 eps into The Terror, and I'm not liking that so much of it is subtitled. I don't mind subtitles when they are necessary. Cinemax's Warrior did this perfectly, where the Chinese speakers would blend from speaking Chinese to English so even though the bulk of that show is set in Chinatown, very little of it needs subtitled.

In other news, thank you NFLX (Netflix). Earnings yesterday evening. The stock was at $285 so yesterday afternoon I sold 1 $265 put for $6.20 and 1 $315 call for $4.75. I bought them back this morning for $0.20 and $1.89 respectively. Total profit $883.30. Options are always in lots of 100 each.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started the last season of The Affair last night. First episode was pretty good, hoping the series can go out on a high note. I've typically been a bit more mixed on it than others.