• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Not necessarily cool, but the theme to Cagney & Lacey is a personal favourite. The show itself sucked.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Adore the opening, but gave up on the show after the twist over how a main character came back from supposedly dying:

Last edited:

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
You're about to see some wild shit!

Oh, it's just people talking quietly into the camera.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
The show - '70s live action TV XCOM (no seriously, it partially inspired the games) - is... well, it has some charm, but I'd struggle to actually describe it as 'good', like pretty much all Gerry Anderson's live-action stuff. The intro, though... The intro is excellent.
Oddly enough, it also inspired Neon Genesis Evangelion.

On topic, Mega Man's intro was better than the show itself.

And then there's the heartbreaking pitch video for what could have been.

Last edited:

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Because... he didn't die.

I was liking the grounded tone and I actually thought the show improved after he'd died, as other characters had to step up and show different sides of themselves...

for me, bringing him back as a titan just felt like jumping the shark [\Spoiler]

Last edited:

darz1

Dec 18, 2017

The show - '70s live action TV XCOM (no seriously, it partially inspired the games) - is... well, it has some charm, but I'd struggle to actually describe it as 'good', like pretty much all Gerry Anderson's live-action stuff. The intro, though... The intro is excellent.

EDIT:

Actually, fuck it, here's Space: 1999 too.

These themes are awsome. But why does that first video keep flashing 1980?

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This show sucked so much, I was so fucking disappointed in this. The premise is cool tho.

2018.02.13_alteredcarbon_kovacs_vertical-core_rgb_us-1.jpg

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
No show could ever live up to Airwolf's intro:

Airwolf, Knight Rider and MacGyver are like a Republican's wet dream. Weird ass shadow corporations using secret and advanced military technology to police the streets and meddle in foreign countries with little to no government oversight. Man, all the shows I liked as a kid are kinda fucked up when you think about it.

Airwolf's ridiculous, how can you just let a company going around shooting down planes, helicopters and missiles over the United States? And that one Airwolf episode where the kids launched a bunch of nukes and Airowlf intercepted them and shot them all down, come on. And MacGyver, obviously MacGyver's a cool dude but what the hell is the Phoenix Foundation? It's all libertarian propaganda.