• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Verge link doesn't work for me...not sure if it's a 404 or geo block but I'm redirected to the home page.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
can you right click them? or we have to go to the extreme pains of using save screenshot?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So people that are complaning on Twitter about NFTs have to boycott Twitter now ?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Will I get in trouble if I use someone else's NFT as my profile pic now?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"You asked (a lot)..."

giphy.gif

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Very original humor, sooooo funny.

Isn't this basically giving blue check users a financial asset? Seems kinda unethical ngl.

I'm legitimately curious. One of the big flaws with NFT ownership is that it only really matters if other players agree to recognize that claim on an image. It Twitter decided to enforce it, that would matter.

Streusel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 28, 2017
i saw in a crypto bro video a few weeks ago that his would be happening. this might actually give nfts some "value".
if other companies follow suit and they lobby governments to give nfts legal status, that would be "fun"

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I've seen a video from one of the grifters working on that feature a few months ago, not sure if it was posted here? She gave updates about her work on it and was really happy. Didn't hear anything about it since.

This is a really sad state of affair.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Zero surprises here. The worst social network and the one that made NFTs a thing in the first place keeps on giving.

Just fuck off already with all of this bullshit.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
It is literally hilarious them claiming on their Twitter account "because you asked for this!"

Presumably the "you" refers to Twitter management here, because it sure as hell wasn't the users.

Deleted member 55524

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
I'm legitimately curious. One of the big flaws with NFT ownership is that it only really matters if other players agree to recognize that claim on an image. It Twitter decided to enforce it, that would matter.
Sorry, seeing those right click jokes over and over has made me a bit snippy.
NFTs are speculative financial assets. The Blockchain stuff comes in handy if someone were to license out whatever their NFT is (a song, a logo, etc.), but when said NFT is just a jpeg, the unique link or identifier that is associated with it becomes nothing more than a novelty.

I can't see Twitter attempting enforcement because there's nothing to enforce. Saving a picture of someone else's NFT doesn't mean it's yours; it just means you saved a picture of someone elses NFT. That's it. You can't make money on it, and you're not doing anything wrong by using it.

Last edited:

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Better Tweetdeck just added a feature to stop people with NFT avatars from showing up in your feed. Nice!

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Facebook still exists.
Facebook is dying and filled with old people. It's a cesspool, yeah, but it's an isolated cesspool. Without Twitter, Elon Musk wouldn't be this big of a celebrity, no-one would speak about NFTs, and Trump probably wouldn't have been elected. It's a social network based around sharing hate, vitriol and stuff that you loathe, which only makes it more popular. My life has only improved since I deleted my account.

Deleted member 55524

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
Right-click jokes are easy, but at the end of the day they're effective at getting a rise out of NFT positive people so, it's good bang for buck.
It only gets a rise out of me because it displays how little understanding folks have of this stuff. It's annoying that some of the most vocal denouncers can't even be bothered to learn what they're denouncing.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
It is nice to know who to instantly not take serious without having to look for clues in their profile.