• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Which one is better to watch if you could only pick one? Getting the hype train rolling for Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone

Zoyo

alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
Honestly, I haven't seen the revivals.... But if you google a top 10 or top 20 episodes of Classic Twilight Zone... That might be the best way to build hype.

They have aged very well. Some are timeless, even.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
85 for sure, it actually has some solid episodes. Just compare the intros to the two, which are pretty emblematic of their aesthetics and approaches. 85's is pretty good...the 2000's one not so much.

Of course neither come close to the OG.

Oct 27, 2017
I think they both have things to offer honestly, neither compares to the original even when they're at their strongest. But out of the two, 85 offers more highs.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
85 has a handful of good episodes. The one with the guy who telepathically links with the girl from the 1700s is really good.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
1985 gets a lot of shit but there are a ton of good episodes in there. i think the 80s revived series has some of the most emotionally strong episodes out of all of TZ.

2000s TZ is horrible.

Oct 31, 2017
They both have dope episodes but the 80s series is downright decent as hell with some very memorable episodes. I can watch the 80s run all day

Nov 18, 2017
I discovered the '85 series on late nights in the late 90's / early 00's. It was the ideal way of watching if. Felt like some lost recordings or something. I didn't know much about it, which it made it even creepier.

Seasons 1-2 are good.

Oct 27, 2017
I grew up watching the '85 version. It was formative for me. Eight years old and watching these weird/spooky/twisty scary-but-not-jump-scary stories, I couldn't get enough. Not sure I was even aware of the '02 revival, lol.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i never knew either one of these existed and i was alive for most of 2002.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Come on op, you could at least provided some pics and cliff notes for each era.
To put it simply, '85 had people like William Friedkin, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Stephen King etc attached during the first two seasons. IIRC the third season was just made to get the show up in episode count for syndication. 2002 is just...not close to that quality.

The Friedkin directed Vietnam episode is another standout I remember other than that colonial love one. And there was some other crazy shit like the one with humans turned into werewolves when in close proximity to vampires.

Feb 10, 2018
To put it simply, '85 had people like William Friedkin, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Stephen King etc attached during the first two seasons. IIRC the third season was just made to get the show up in episode count for syndication. 2002 is just...not close to that quality.

The Friedkin directed Vietnam episode is another standout I remember other than that colonial love one. And there was some other crazy shit like the one with humans when in close proximity to vampires turning into werewolves.

I liked the one when the toy army men came alive, pretty sure that was a 2002 one.

Nov 18, 2017
Some 85 stories worth checking out:

Gramma
A Little Peace and Quiet
The Elevator
Her Pilgrim Soul
The Burning Man
Button, Button
Toys of Caliban