• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
A buddy is in Minneapolis for a few days this week. They are working during the day. Any recommendations for things to do in the evening on a weeknight? They mentioned the Prince Garden.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
My partner and I have recently gotten into cycling around Minneapolis, we live right by the midtown Greenway and have had a lot fun exploring paths throughout that area. Anyone have any good paths they really like?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Hi! Just wanted to report back from my trip and share the places I went to:

Art
Hair and Nails: Cute DIY gallery. The exhibition we saw there was mostly video work which isn't really my thing, but I believe they've shown some really cool work in there.
Highpoint Center for Printmaking: Non-profit organization dedicated to printmaking. My friend is currently in an amazing group show as part of a residency she did there. Highly recommend checking out their programming.
Midway Contemporary Art: Incredible non-profit organization with a high-quality exhibition space and library. Wish I had more time to look through their resources.
Minneapolis Institute of Art: CHECK OUT THE NATIVE WOMEN ARTISTS EXHIBITION. I only had a hot minute to walk through it but it's honestly one of the best things on view right now.
Soo Visual Arts Center: Small exhibition space and community center. Really liked the current exhibitions on view.
Walker Art Center: Amazing permanent collection, did not disappoint. They currently have a digital/new media exhibition up-- not my thing but still worth checking out.

Bars/Nightlife
Crooked Pint Ale House: Went here for a networking event. Only memorable thing was that they had a late happy hour.
eagleBOLTbar: Gay leather bar. Honestly just went in cause they were playing good music and had a nice outdoor patio.
Gay 90s: LGBT nightclub. As a straight woman, I can't really critique it, but I was honestly disappointed with the space considering how many people recommend it to us. It looked like a spectacle and seems to cater more to the 18+ crowd than the community. My partner who identifies as queer was upset by the number of straight people and bachelorette parties present.
Icehouse: Went here for an album release party for a local artist. Was really nice for a Tuesday night :)
Kitty Cat Club: My favorite bar this whole trip. If I had to critique it I would say it was a little too lounge-y considering they were playing great music the night I went.
Loring Bar & Restaurant: Stumbled in here after Kitty Cat to check out their goth night. I was happy they served me a drink a little after last call, lol.
moto-i: Friend's recommendation. Wasn't too crazy about their drink menu but I did enjoy the sake I selected. Regret not checking out their rooftop.
Up-Down: Cute arcade bar. My partner always tries to find a DDR machine when we travel and he was happy to find one there.

Food
Barrio: Went here for a work event. Only had some light bites here but it wasn't too bad. Lots of drink options.
Hell's Kitchen: Went here for a work event. Food wasn't terrible but not so memorable either.
In Bloom: Cute restaurant inside the Keg & Case market at St. Paul. Portions were a little too small for me but tasty nonethless.
P.S. Steak: Beautiful restaurant. Wasn't crazy about my dish (I got scallops) but I think I just picked the wrong thing. Would try again!
The Copper Hen: Yummy brunch place. Got the seasonal quiche and was very pleased.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody done any fishing this year? Any camping too?

Haven't had the best of luck for this year of fishing :( The canoe definitely helps but when the fish ain't biting then they're not biting regardless if you're on a boat or on the shore.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody done any fishing this year? Any camping too?

Haven't had the best of luck for this year of fishing :( The canoe definitely helps but when the fish ain't biting then they're not biting regardless if you're on a boat or on the shore.

I've camped bear head lake and hiked around Jay Cooke. Have porcupine mountain in MI planned later this summer. Been too busy with new house yard work to get much camping in.

Fishing nope haven't done any yet this year. I usually only do a couple times and just cast off the shore in state parks.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I think for my family the weather hasn't been doing too great. One week it's nice and sunny with decent winds then the next it's raining..... They're also busy and/or broke.

Nice ZOONAMI! Haven't gone on an actual hike, like, at all. I'm hoping that I get to do one soon before the weather gets way too humid and bug-infested.

Mar 3, 2019
Shoutout to Catrinas Cerveza Mexican Grill. They are legit delicious and their owner remembers my name every time I go despite the fact they have 3 locations.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't want to detail the other two threads:

Shit is popping off near me (frogtown). I'm getting my mom to my sister's place soon. Stay safe y'all.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm done with Jacob Frey. Cowardly fuck. Go to the third precinct like everyone else. On maddow now still asking where are the charges. Go get the charges you cunt instead of sitting in your basement on maddow.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
old thread warning I know, maybe we need a new OT?

I feel like I see lots of TC posters in general though just not much on here.

Anyway, broke 80 degrees today which is wild. Whole last month has been very nice.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
There's quite a lot of us whenever you or somebody make a Minnesota focused thread. A bump or a consistent bump from you or I can probably help elevate it, and have more users show up in here. I usually lurk r/minnesota, minneapolis, and twincities so I get their news that I can then relay in here.

Got done helping my mom clean up the garden. Planning on planting more cucumbers this year is what she wants along with the usual thai and hmong peppers. The storm should help out for tonight.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's quite a lot of us whenever you or somebody make a Minnesota focused thread. A bump or a consistent bump from you or I can probably help elevate it, and have more users show up in here. I usually lurk r/minnesota, minneapolis, and twincities so I get their news that I can then relay in here.

Got done helping my mom clean up the garden. Planning on planting more cucumbers this year is what she wants along with the usual thai and hmong peppers. The storm should help out for tonight.

Yeah I planted some grass seed earlier today. I remember last year there was a big snow storm early April, but then actually the rest of april was hot and I planted my whole garden before May and also painted my house.

Yeah bumps might work, you are right though there are other joints and I also just lurk them lol.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dog can tell this storm is coming

DtJDyap.jpg

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
My sister's dog is staying over for the night and he's been barking ever since you can hear the lightning and thunder. I'm just waiting for that last snowstorm. It's bound to happen.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
And we're back to a sunny day. Checking my weather app it seems like we're getting more rain which is the usual around this time. No need to water the plants then.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got any tips and tricks to get my mom a vaccine appointment? I've been refreshing the vaccinespotter site to book my mom an appointment but every spot is filled up. Twitter stuff is out because I don't want to sign up for a twitter account.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Anybody got any tips and tricks to get my mom a vaccine appointment? I've been refreshing the vaccinespotter site to book my mom an appointment but every spot is filled up. Twitter stuff is out because I don't want to sign up for a twitter account.
If she has private insurance, they may or may not contact her independently, but she should definitely contact her insurer if they don't.

If she's on Medicaid/Medicare or does not have insurance the best bet is probably the Vaccine Connector: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
They should contact her very soon (within a few days) and allow her to book her appointment/s for the single/dual doses at one of the various community vaccination sites, along with a description of which sites have which vaccines if she has a preference.

A friend signed up over the weekend and got their first dose of Pfizer today so there's plenty of availability.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
If she has private insurance, they may or may not contact her independently, but she should definitely contact her insurer if they don't.

If she's on Medicaid/Medicare or does not have insurance the best bet is probably the Vaccine Connector: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
They should contact her very soon (within a few days) and allow her to book her appointment/s for the single/dual doses at one of the various community vaccination sites, along with a description of which sites have which vaccines if she has a preference.

A friend signed up over the weekend and got their first dose of Pfizer today so there's plenty of availability.

Thanks. I'll look into everything you said. She has her usual doctors appointment this week so they should also help her if my sister asks them about the vaccine.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Try sam's club and walmart appointment sites.

Also if she has a mychart site for whatever clinic/provider try that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
He's doing better than most yet he's still somehow a commie in their eyes lol. Something something masks something something taking their rights away.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's doing better than most yet he's still somehow a commie in their eyes lol. Something something masks something something taking their rights away.

Well, brightside is these rural folks can't outnumber the metro and we have an excellent GOTV game. Long as they don't have a trifecta they can't fuck all the shit up.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Good news. Mom got a vaccine appointment for tomorrow morning. My sister was able to get it for her so that's good. Once she's done then my whole family will be vaccinated.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, these national guard posted up and humvees everywhere seems a bit excessive. Feels like an occupying force more than a response force.