• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Twister you cowards! I wanna drive an Indy car with tornado powers dammit!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Such an underutilized IP. Sony should bring them all back. Socom, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, MAG.They had some really cool MP offerings in generations passed.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
They are making a tv show so I doubt they would make one without a new game in production also. It also aligns with Sonys need for more service games.

I've been wanting a new twisted metal for a while, i would even love if they remake 2

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I wouldn't mind this tbh. Probably my favorite game on PS1 and it's be cool if Sony went back to making these types of games again.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
There's a tv show I believe in the works, so without further elaboration I'd just assume he means that.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
This series belongs in the 90s. Can't imagine it making the transition to 2023 with any amount of success or relevance. I certainly hope it doesn't.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Give us a Black 2, you cowards! One of my fondest memories from a PS2 game is those character cutscenes and story content. It was creepier than it had any right to be

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any new Twisted Metal absolutely should go back to the grungy comic book styling of Twisted Metal 2.

Twisted Metal Black is cool but "car combat with a clown car that turns into a robot" doesn't mix as well with "brutal psychological horror", let alone the bloody grindhouse of Twisted Metal 2012. It stopped being fun, it was just kind of unpleasant and icky.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Smh.. let that bullshit stay dead Jim

If this actually happens it's online will be dead within 2 to 3 years. You can't make this IP cool again.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Make it more like TM2 or TMB and I'm there day 1.
I doubt it's real though A TV show is coming.
agreed. I want silly powers and levels with lots of weird secrets in them.

I honestly think Twisted Metal had trouble seeming modern as most driving/racing games shifted their controls to the shoulder buttons/triggers AND most shooters shifted their weapon controls there. It feels like the franchise kinda faded out on the same schedule as the UT/Q3A style arena/arsenal twitchy FPS and for some of the same reasons even though TM controls were intentionally a lot less precise for the most part.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I could definitely use a new Twisted Metal. Spent countless hours playing that shit on PS1.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Twisted Metal would be a good fit for the battle royale genre, just a 100 vehicles going at it in a big town with all sorts of weapons.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
If it aint got the people from Black or 2012, don't want it. Jaffes a bit of a dick but he and Scott Campbell understand TM, without them I do not want one.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give us a Black 2, you cowards! One of my fondest memories from a PS2 game is those character cutscenes and story content. It was creepier than it had any right to be
I kinda feel like Black as it is could only really exist at the time it did. It was gritty, violent and horror-focused, but it was still intently video gamey, which I think is good because Twisted Metal is incredibly video gamey, and that video game surreality (coupled with the whole game being inside Sweet Tooth's mind for that extra disconnect, though I doubt that factored too much for most players) meant all that darkness and murder and traumatized cast members still came off as palatable. It wasn't "comedic" so much that as dark as it was, being on the PS2 meant it couldn't really push that too far, as much as it wanted to.

When I think of Black made today after TM2012, where the former had some push and pull with its disturbing content and most of the stories revolved around good people tortured by circumstance left to rot and then given freedom to kill each other in slapped together monster cars until they get their wish, and their wish always involves descending into savagery or dying because they wanted to stay the course, where 2012 was really boisterous about its violence without making it fun to watch, I'm not really hopeful that the bones of TM Black would carry forward today.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I could see it happening if the Twisted Metal TV show actually comes out and I'll be there day 1 if a new game is coming.

Twisted Metal is just awesome and it's about time car combat made a return, been far too long.