• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Confirmed during Sony's investor relations meeting that they recently begun production of a Twisted Metal TV series as part of the new PlayStation Production initiative.

It was confirmed by Tony Vinciquerra from Sony Pictures during the Q&A portion of their part of the meeting

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make you wonder there's new Twisted Metal in the work, since SIE is "exploring" GaaS model.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
This is a decent way to get more people familar with this franchise before (hopefully) going ahead with a new game.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird pick, doesn't seem like a property that would work well for TV. Could mean a new game though, which would be cool.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Not the first franchise I would've picked to give a TV series. I'm willing to bet there is something else in the pipeline for TM alongside this. It wouldn't be a bad way to drum up interest in the series again.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I gotta say, when they talked about making movies and tv shows from their own ips, twisted metal was not high up on the list...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Awwwww yeaaahh! Oh wait, tv. I do like the characters and wishes gone bad aspect of the story modes at least. Could be interesting.

Oct 31, 2017
You should have posted this in OT.

I am not sure how they can make this a thing. Would need a decent budget to make it work as it would need a fair amount of VFX.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You should have posted this in OT.

I am not sure how they can make this a thing. Would need a decent budget to make it work as it would need a fair amount of VFX.

The best stories of Twisted Metal don't even involve the Vehicles for the most part.

While it would be odd to have a TM show that's limited on the vehicle combat. The stories from black would work pretty well in a vignette sort of thing.
Have the Vehicle stuff as the bridge connecting it all, but not the main focus.

Oct 31, 2017
The best stories of Twisted Metal don't even involve the Vehicles for the most part.

While it would be odd to have a TM show that's limited on the vehicle combat. The stories from black would work pretty well in a vignette sort of thing.
Have the Vehicle stuff as the bridge connecting it all, but not the main focus.

I'm not gonna watch the whole video now, but if vehicle combat is limited then it's already off on the wrong foot. I'm not saying it should be vehicle combat on the screen all the time, but it should have a fair amount of it.

why? not familiar with the series actually.

TM is/was a vehicle combat game. People would expect to see a lot of jaw dropping action and scenes on the screen for a TV show/movie. At least I would.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There used to be a Twisted Metal movie in development, which was gonna be directed by Brian Taylor - before the thing that happens with most game movies happen - cancelled.

The tone back then was gonna go for a more Mad Max: Fury Road vibe of a movie.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
TM is/was a vehicle combat game. People would expect to see a lot of jaw dropping action and scenes on the screen for a TV show/movie. At least I would.
I never got that sense with TM and I've played the series from back in the PSX day. It's more about the characters twisted stories and the vehicles are the bridge that interconnects the universe. I could see the TV series as a dark horror aspect of each character story.

Oct 31, 2017
I never got that sense with TM and I've played the series from back in the PSX day. It's more about the characters twisted stories and the vehicles are the bridge that interconnects the universe. It was never about the "action" scenes. I could see the TV series as a dark horror aspect of each character story.

I played TM quite a bit. Yes each character has a story like each character in SF has a story, but the main point of the game was the vehicle combat piece, just like the main point of SF is the fight piece.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it leads to a new Twisted Metal game, it'd be an easy slam dunk as a BR and GaaS.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd prefer a new game, but if this means we're getting more JS Gilbert as Sweet Tooth, then I'll be down with this.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OMG!!! YEEEES!
Huge Twisted Metal fan here, since day 1. Would take a game instead, but hey.... I will take anything TM right now.
Give it to me.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So basically Death Race the Tv Show with hopefully a higher budget XD
I'm down.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
215px-Deathrace2000poster.jpg