• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
what-remains-of-edith-finch.jpg

Annapurna Interactive is planning to bring their interactive adventure What Remains of Edith Finch to the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

While there is no official announcement for this release, we have managed to dig out a listing for these games on the Taiwan Game Rating website. This listing is for a native PS5 and Xbox Series X release of the game.

無法顯示網頁

為因應遊戲軟體分級管理辦法的施行,工業局以專案形式委託數位遊戲產業自律推動委員會建置本網站,除提供發行或代理遊戲軟體等相關業者登錄遊戲分級級別與情節外,民眾亦可透過網站查詢市售遊戲軟體分級資訊, 若發現有未依規定標示分級或內容分級不當時,皆可透過網站逕行檢舉,政府相關單位也將依法處理。

what-remains-of-edith-finch-rating.png

More at TwistedVoxel: https://twistedvoxel.com/what-remai...getting-native-xbox-series-x-and-ps5-version/

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Cool, I guess? It's not really a game that I feel would benefit much from a native current gen version, but hopefully this means more people will play it because it's brilliant.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Time to double dip then. Awesome game.

Cool, I guess? It's not really a game that I feel would benefit much from a native current gen version, but hopefully this means more people will play it because it's brilliant.
Last gen versions look quite blurry and performance isn`t great. The artdesign really shines in higher resolutions and 60 FPS would be much appreciated.

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent game, fully recommend. Would also love the likes of Everyone's Gone to the Rapture to get a next gen update but will not be holding my breath!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
What Remains of Edith Finch is genuinely one of the best written, creatively executed interactive fictions and more or less a gold standard of how stories can be told in "video games".

Couldn't recommend this more.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic game. Nice to see this happening because, at least in my experience, the last gen version stutters a lot on my Series X.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

I LOVED the game, but it was a blurry experience. This is fantastic news, well beyond a "cool, I guess"

Of course it will benefit a lot from higher resolution and better performance.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Game probably leaves Gamepass in the next month, so I assume we won't have new version by then. At least PC version works well enough.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Pretty good. The one thing that I didn't enjoy about my playthrough was the performance being capped at a not very sharp 30. Great game otherwise.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game, not one I'll play again but good for those who heaven't tried it yet.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I didn't know the game was this good. Guess I'll keep my eye on it!

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This game is a somber masterpiece imo. Totally worth it for those who haven't played it.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Will play again on SX if it's still on GP when the update releases.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
A next gen version is greatly appreciated.
I had to swallow the bad performance and blurry image because I wanted to experience the story. Wish I waited longer.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I want to replay this anytime soon but it's great for those that still haven't played this masterpiece.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad I couldn't get Into this game at all ? I remember trying so hard to like it years ago

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
Is it bad I couldn't get Into this game at all ? I remember trying so hard to like it years ago

I found the first vignette pretty irritating in both story and gameplay terms and gave up more than once because of it. But they're all different enough that you might end up liking it if you gave up early on. Or not, of course.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I finished this game so don't think I'd buy it again but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome, loved it when it came out on Xbox One. Definitely will double dip and 1000g it once again.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
This game could have really good Dualsense Implementation, hoping that happens

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
I don't remember a lot of the game only that I loved it. So I'm pretty excited for this!
Why not? It's running in 1080p 30fps with judder on PS5, it doesn't even have a PS4 Pro patch.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this game. One of the later parts of the game deeply connected with me personally unlike maybe any other game. Bought this bundled with Gorogoa which I also loved.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
What Remains of Edith Finch is genuinely one of the best written, creatively executed interactive fictions and more or less a gold standard of how stories can be told in "video games".

Couldn't recommend this more.
Agreed.

I feel like it gets lumped into the walking sim category (which puts people off based on my experiences recommending it) when it's more like a narrative-based mini-game collection. It deserves so much more recognition than it gets.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022

I mean that game ran in dynamic 1080p on 30fps before, it absolutely benefits from a native current gen version.

Oct 30, 2017
One of the most touching well done emotionally games you can play.. I would definitely replay.

Gosh this game is very unforgettable ...

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's awesome. The game's a masterpiece but I remember it having some bad performance issues. Happy to see it cleaned up on consoles.

Everybody needs to try it out. The game's so good it kind of made me hate all other walking sims.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Anyone who hasn't played it yet, hold off in this case. The game is good, but technically a mess on consoles (low res, 30 fps, with bad framepacing)

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great game, so if it means more people will give it a chance... great!

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Friendly reminder that if you haven't you all should play Unfinished Swan, it's an unpopular opinion but I slightly prefer it to Edith Finch and it's another great experience from the same devs

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
game is great and deserves the update

played it on the base ps4, and boy did it struggle on that console

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope it's a free upgrade. Not sure I would pay again but i'd love to… play again.
Agreed.

I feel like it gets lumped into the walking sim category (which puts people off based on my experiences recommending it) when it's more like a narrative-based mini-game collection. It deserves so much more recognition than it gets.
I mean it's just a good example of why "walking sim" is a really meaningless term that seems like it's mostly employed to subtly mock games like this.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I had a great time with it but it's not something I would replay just due to what kind of game it is. Good news for newcomers.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Curious if a free upgrade is also coming. I guess if it means more people get to play it then that's fine?

Still probably one of the few titles that I have completed fully several times, still couldn't honestly articulate if I like it or not but feel the need to recommend it regardless

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Played this on my old laptop with a 1060 and it was a bit blurry even on that so this'll be good for new console owners. Loved it, probably the best freebie I ever got from EGS, would likely not have tried it out otherwise.