• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
I fear this would deactivate accounts of streamers whose game have copyrighted music, but I doubt Twitch would be Youtube levels of naive.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
As long as Salty Bet remains untouched, then I'm golden. I didn't think a MUGEN stream would put me on to J Dilla, but stranger shit has happened.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this was bound to happen. You have streamers and stuff watching YouTube videos on stream as well between matches in games like Dota, League, Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.

Only a matter of time until it's all banned and it's royalty free music only.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
it is annoying to go to a vod and see it be half muted anyway

i guess if you want to play music that is under copyright and have your chat listen to it, play it from an off stream source and have a link, and just feed game audio on your twitch stream

i know it is a little bit of effort but it isnt that hard to manage multiple audio streams even if they are both piping through a single pc. invest in virtual audio cable or some shit

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through reading the title i was still hoping they were banning bigots. But nah. Just defending the money as usual.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, how dare people play music on their streams. Ban all of them for piracy and stealing from the poor companies.

Also, we need to stop them from streaming video games. They're literally stealing money from game developers.

Oct 25, 2017
Same could be said about games. They don't have permission to play games on stream.

They should just stop streaming...

Honestly, if a developer doesn't want them to do that, they probably should. They're literally profiting off of other people's creations. They should be pretty happy that most devs are fine with them making money off of their backs and usually with no commission.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see people stanning for record labels already
Seriously. Streamers get so much hate on here it's ridiculous.

Honestly, if a developer doesn't want them to do that, they probably should. They're literally profiting off of other people's creations. They should be pretty happy that most devs are fine with them making money off of their backs and usually with no commission.

It's called advertising and many streamers have pushed games to be top sellers. The smart developers realize this and embrace them.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
There's tons of Twitch steamers that have media share on tied to donations and then the donor gets to play their song. Surprised it took this long.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Good. It had always annoyed me whenever someone plays different music other than the appropriate gaming soundtrack while streaming a game, especially fighting games.

They sound so out of place.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i mean sure technically it defends labels and devs but as skilled as the streamer might be, they are still using someone elses IP without explicit permission that attracts people to the stream they get paid to put on.

at some point defending it becomes tantamount to defending piracy, which is fine if thats your belief, but it simply is what it is

its not like you can defend it as free commercials for a product or something, i mean you could but i dont think that would hold water for long

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only music you should be using is in the 10 or so minute intro while your viewers gather into the stream. And even then, I only use non-copyright stuff. It's just better that way

Oct 25, 2017

It's called advertising and many streamers have pushed games to be top sellers. The smart developers realize this and embrace them.

Yeah, and that's nice for them that it works out that way and that some choose to let their stuff be advertised like that. That doesn't mean that everyone has to be forced into that position. Creators so far have the right to decide who profits off of their creation, even if it means cutting off their own cash stream a little.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Vinny plays music during his BRB intermissions between games. Could/did he get in trouble over that?

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah i've bought so many games cause i've seen either the developers streaming it or my favorite streamer plays it. I stream and play music. They mute me if its too high. I play Euro Truck Simulator 2 and run a Local Radio app a guy made where i can listen to the radio in the countries i'm in. If i can stream the game, why can't i use music on it? Seems kind of wierd to me. Twitter chatbot even has a Song request in it where u can play youtube links. What's going to happen with that??

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and that's nice for them that it works out that way and that some choose to let their stuff be advertised like that. That doesn't mean that everyone has to be forced into that position. Creators so far have the right to decide who profits off of their creation, even if it means cutting off their own cash stream a little.
Oh you're one of those people.

People don't donate or subscribe because of the games. They do it because of the personality playing the games. It's mutually beneficial, streamers advertise the games and people then go and buy the game because they saw the streamer play it. I know I have many times.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
i mean sure technically it defends labels and devs but as skilled as the streamer might be, they are still using someone elses IP without explicit permission that attracts people to the stream they get paid to put on.

at some point defending it becomes tantamount to defending piracy, which is fine if thats your belief, but it simply is what it is

its not like you can defend it as free commercials for a product or something, i mean you could but i dont think that would hold water for long
You heard the man, defending people streaming is the same as people defending piracy. Time to ban everyone here who defends streaming.

What an absolutely absurd opinion. I can't believe how regressive people here are when it comes to IP rights.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Record labels tend to run copyright and take downs with an iron fist. Never assume your ever safe if you play music on stream or use music in any video. They can be the absolute worst.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Was bound to happen. Twitch did only secure their asses with muting the songs in the VOD's. That doesn't mean that everything will be caught, like in this case, where the song was released too early, because somebody fucked up and it wasn't therefore in the system.

Vinny plays music during his BRB intermissions between games. Could/did he get in trouble over that?

Why would it matter WHEN they are playing the music?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Thats fine though. If Twitch wants to start cracking down on something like that then I am cancelling all my subscriptions and gonna just donate directly to the streamers instead of going through Twitch directly. I don't need all those Emotes anyway.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
You heard the man, defending people streaming is the same as people defending piracy. Time to ban everyone here who defends streaming.

What an absolutely absurd opinion. I can't believe how regressive people here are when it comes to IP rights.
if listening to music without paying for it isnt piracy then music piracy must not exist then i guess?

OP
OP
ReginOfFire

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
Was bound to happen. Twitch did only secure their asses with muting the songs in the VOD's, but that doesn't mean that everything will be caught, like in this case, where the song was released too early, because somebody fucked up and it wasn't therefore in the system.

Why would it matter WHEN they are playing the music?

Did a song leak?