• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The most bizarre part of this is reading the comments calling her "retarded" and some "easy Debate for Destiny" like hes not also a problem.
Its like nobody learned anything.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Does anyone even know who she is enough to care? I feel like this thread is bordering on signal boosting, because what seems to happen is they get more popular for this shit, not less.

So the logic here is we shouldn't talk about shitty people because that gives them more reach? Personally I'd rather be in the know, I don't really partake in the Just Chatting section of Twitch, but I'm glad I know that she sucks so I can avoid her anyway.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn .... those chat logs are pretty extreme. Wasn't really expecting it to be that horrible.

Big yikes. Another scum. Hopefully she is banned forever

Nah she'll just give some half-assed "I made a mistake" apology and become even more famous because of this.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So the logic here is we shouldn't talk about shitty people because that gives them more reach? Personally I'd rather be in the know, I don't really partake in the Just Chatting section of Twitch, but I'm glad I know that she sucks so I can avoid her anyway.

I used to think that yeah there was value in calling this shit out, but now honestly with the way social media and twitch give every single person in the world a platform, it makes me wonder how much there is to gain from calling out every single shitty person. Simply being a streamer, or having a lot of followers, isn't that noteworthy anymore. When it gets to the point where the news of someone being shitty is probably the first time most people are hearing about them (don't know if that's the case hear, I've never heard of this person but im not exactly an IRL stream enthusiast) the whole thing just feels sensationalistic. But at the same time, some of these people do have a lot of reach and influence. I'm conflicted and sort of cynical on the whole thing, because these people and their followers operate in a system that very clearly doesn't work when it comes to any sort of moral consequence.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away

In this case it does. I didn't know who she was before this thread, and I will continue to ignore her after. Problem solved.

No defense whatsoever. She deserves all the hate that is coming. Im just saying that while being white and pretty guards you, being a women goes against you.

So only the white and pretty men are guarded? Usually when someone says 'pretty,' they're referring to a woman. So if being white and pretty guards you - as you claim - then being a woman doesn't work against you in that scenario.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
In this case it does. I didn't know who she was before this thread, and I will continue to ignore her after. Problem solved.

So only the white and pretty men are guarded? Usually when someone says 'pretty,' they're referring to a woman. So if being white and pretty guards you - as you claim - then being a woman doesn't work against you in that scenario.
Read my post again, I give the explanations you are looking for.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I watched her once. Cuz twitch features her a bunch.

All i remember was she had her sister there. And Jenna mentioned something about her sisters bf just broke up with her. And her sister started crying. The two other girls got silent and stared at her. Then Jenna was like "eww" and got mad at her for killing the vibe.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
If that's how she talks with her fans/subscribers....... I don't want to read how she talks with random people lol.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
That's disgusting. I don't expect anything to happen to her though, she'll make an "apology" video and that will be that.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
You qualified this as "any reason". Don't you think this is reason enough? That's what's confusing about your post.
Nope. I said people will do that for any reason. This wasn't any reason. I see however how it can be confusing. Luckily I did a crystal clear edit that clarified my stance on her particular actions, did you read that?

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
The worst part is, I can't be bothered to be angry/offended/disgusted any more. It's a lot of energy to use up multiple times per week when they always get away with it.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Does anyone even know who she is enough to care? I feel like this thread is bordering on signal boosting, because what seems to happen is they get more popular for this shit, not less.

I haven't heard of her, but seems like another pretty girl who stream shit and has an army of neckbeards behind her.

I read the logs and... while certainly tasteless maybe i'm just too thick to see how is it different from most closed discord channels

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Probably for the same reasons some of us used to admire Notch or enjoy JonTron's content.

I think issue is subscribing to Twitch streamer in general, not that it was her before being exposed.

Surprisingly many on ERA don't seem to be able to wrap their heads around Twitch culture and e.g. subbing to streamers.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we can't control what everyone thinks about this Jenna and whether she 'gets away with it' but we can control what we as individuals and as a community think of her. So it's good this has been highlighted so we know Jenna is an awful person.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Ah, man. She's young and stupid and I'm sure she didn't REALLY mean those words. We all make mistakes. Her life shouldn't be ruined over this. Cancel culture has gone too far.

Just had to get that out there sarcastically before people come in here with that bullshit. She's obviously an awful person.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, man. She's young and stupid and I'm sure she didn't REALLY mean those words. We all make mistakes. Her life shouldn't be ruined over this. Cancel culture has gone too far.

Just had to get that out there sarcastically before people come in here with that bullshit. She's obviously an awful person.
Ha. Cancel culture is so funny. It's basically successful people getting fired for doing things that any normal person would or should get fired for too.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This is nothing surprising. She's a known right winger that was generally supportive of Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I saw a clip of her going "like, I'm sorry, I'm a moron, what more do you want me to say?"

You know, the most sincere form of apology. I'm glad I don't spend more time of my day on these sociopaths.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I saw a clip of her going "like, I'm sorry, I'm a moron, what more do you want me to say?"

You know, the most sincere form of apology. I'm glad I don't spend more time of my day on these sociopaths.

"Ooops! Teehee, I was racist again! Stupid me!"
tenor.gif

"Please keep donating directly to my patreon".

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some people could commit actual murder on stream, say it's a social experiment, feign an apology, and still be off the hook from Twitch's perspective. Then one day they get swatted by police looking for the body, but at the same time try to gain sympathy points while being in camera range for donation money.