• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory generalisations
Stop giving streamers money.

Edit: At least the white ones.

Edit 2: lol at all the Reddit comments of "I'm not racist but she's normal, stop acting superior"

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was gonna be Jenna from JennaJulien, but thank god that's not the case.

Twitch will probably do nothing. They don't care as long as they get their money.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Edit: lol at all the Reddit comments of "I'm not racist but she's normal, stop acting superior"

It's more, "support better people."

I know human nature and all, but there are really good streamers out there who deserve a bigger platform than...people like her.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
If this girl isn't outright banned within this week, Twitch has absolutely no balls whatsoever. There is no ambiguity in any of the evidence presented. None of it is even circumstantial.

EDIT:

Edit: At least the white ones.

And these types of comments should not to be tolerated on this forum.

Last edited:

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Read through all of those screenshots.

I was right. Never trust a person that writes who's when the right word is whose.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If this girl isn't outright banned within this week, Twitch has absolutely no balls whatsoever. There is no ambiguity in any of the evidence presented. None of it is even circumstantial.

EDIT:

And these types of comments are not to be tolerated on this forum.

As a cishet white male in his 50s, I'm really fucking tired of my own kind tbh. Which is why I try, where applicable, to vote for somebody *not like me* in elections. If somebody has millions of dollars and is white and straight, consider subbing to somebody less privileged. Milkshake ducks everywhere. If you want to pretend that straight white social media celebs aren't insanely likely to turn out as fucking Nazis, enjoy your beliefs.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
I used to think that yeah there was value in calling this shit out, but now honestly with the way social media and twitch give every single person in the world a platform, it makes me wonder how much there is to gain from calling out every single shitty person. Simply being a streamer, or having a lot of followers, isn't that noteworthy anymore. When it gets to the point where the news of someone being shitty is probably the first time most people are hearing about them (don't know if that's the case hear, I've never heard of this person but im not exactly an IRL stream enthusiast) the whole thing just feels sensationalistic. But at the same time, some of these people do have a lot of reach and influence. I'm conflicted and sort of cynical on the whole thing, because these people and their followers operate in a system that very clearly doesn't work when it comes to any sort of moral consequence.

Imagine how many people are gonna see how outraged Era is, and watch her stream to spite Era.

Or watch her stream because she's one of the 'good' ones.

Yeah, at the same time we shouldn't be blowing up these assholes. Just report it to twitch. Hope they take action. But seeing how they've acted in the past, she'll probably get a 1 week suspension and then come back to a righetous 30k viewer stream.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Which is a problem. Again, there is no ambiguity here. If Twitch wanted to flex its muscles and prove it is above this type of thing, this is the time and case to do it with.
They've had countless opportunities to demonstrate and cement a process for this shit and they have done nothing. The only thing that will push them to react (other than small term bans) is mass reporting of the particular outrage forcing them into a corner.

Juat as an aside from someone who rarely uses Twitch. What's to stop a 5 year old kid watching her streams? Is it just the content warning click through when it first loads the page? Do you need an account to watch her streams?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT:

And these types of comments should not to be tolerated on this forum.
Yeah.

I mean there's dog whistles and there's just outright bile and bigotry.

People like this shouldn't have a platform, ever. It's sad that technology has evolved quicker than ways to keep bigots from them.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
twitch as a whole is wild. the place runs on drama and beefs. this all escalated out of her original comments about forcing someone to kiss her, but with the injection of livestreamfails, a hugely toxic squadw (it's a twitch emoticon that basically means incel) community, it seems to have exploded.

i'm entirely unsurprised that people have dug up comments like this. if you jump onto any twitch streamer discord you'll find similar. this is often what happens, someone will accuse someone else of something, they'll point their finger back, it escalates into a huge public spat, it makes great 'content' for the gristle mill, dirty laundry gets aired on Rajj Royale, receipts get posted on imgur and twitter, people screech at one and other like banshees, and so it goes.

twitch isn't about to change this, its lifeblood is drama.

otoh now she's been fully outed as a huge racist bigot looking forward to destiny deciding she needs a second chance and a redemption arc because he's a contrarian dick.

Last edited:

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You're going to do something about this, aren't you Twitch?

Twitch:
giphy.gif

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Is it?

Biggest names on the platform are very anti-drama with their streams and chat moderation. But then they do run their channels like a businesses and shit like petty drama bullshit makes it harder to lock sponsors.

ok perhaps it's better to say there's a certain part of twitch that runs on drama, and twitch has done very little to nothing to contain or control it.

heck, those anti-drama streams (eg pokimane) still end up embroiled in drama on the regular.

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I hear about these exposed streamers, it feels like the people who care the most aren't the ones really offended by the edgy humor, rather they're interested in the idea of bullying touchable public figures. I guess thats why these events tend to be so lukewarm, because I dont leave with the sense that an important social discussoon has been had. Folk will still obsessively hate-watch/hate-masturbate to these streamers they hate for being pretty/"rich"/clowns/etc, call them "chad" for weathering the negative PR storm, and leave us thinking "...Wait, PDP still has a fanbase? I thought dudes loathed that guy..".

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
The worst part is she'll probably get away with it, might catch a temp ban at most. I hate how internet giants are so weak at doing anything against such despicable behaviour, they need to be held accountable for not acting on thus.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"I might have said fucked up shit in the past or even recently but that doesn't reflect on who I am"

How does this work?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Given how often she said these things, this is exactly who she is. What a hateful piece of shiiiit.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
You can't easily cancel people like her when her whole audience is fine with it. Twitch would have to step in.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Twitch will give her a temp ban and call it a day. Rich white people are simply treated differently and are never held accountable the same way a PoC or poor person would.

That being said what's with LSF completely changing their minds on whether or not discord logs should be bannable? Why do they collectively have the right opinion this time but not when it was a man's discord or twitter?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I expect a 24 hour ban for this, then a 48 hour one the next time, and on the final strike Twitch will conveniently just ignore it as they've done with other partnered streamers. They only enforce the rules on those that don't make enough money for them.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
You all know the rule. If you make Twitch over x amount of dollars you get a slap on the wrist, under x you get punished harshly

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Never heard of her and probably won't hear of her again. Twitch being the corporate cowards they are, will probably do nothing about that lowlife and her incel followers.

I also thought Discord was supposed to ban Neo-Nazi communities on their platform?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love people still not discovering everything you post on the internet, whether on a discord chat or elsewhere, is never truly gone.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
A lot of you need to get outside the confines of ERA more often. This is pretty much par of the course for Discord chats and the internet in general. I'm not saying it's okay. It's definitely in very poor taste and immature. But are you guys honestly shocked?

I'm 31 years old and have been browsing the internet since I was about 12 or 13. Nothing shocks me anymore. I've seen terrible, disgusting, horrifying shit from one end of the web to the other. Yeah, sometimes I get angry when I see something really ignorant, hateful or mean spirited. I wish somethings didn't exist, but well, they do.

But, I'm just not gonna let it ruin my day. There are are lot of bad people out there, but a lot good people too. You gotta just keep moving because you can't let the assholes get you down, rent space in your head and make you lose your sanity.

Life is hard and complicated enough. I simply don't have the time or energy to fuss with some of this stuff anymore, especially as I get older. I'm not going to make excuses for it though. Ultimately, one way to make the world a better place is to live by example. Small acts of kindness and showing compassion, every day, goes further and makes more of a difference than you may think.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Haha WTF here's women fighting against sexual harrasment and then there's this lady sitting in hot pants in front of her bed playing videogames. I just can't

EDIT:
I know hot pants and a bed in a stream are NOT an invitation for sexual harrasment, but to me the channel looks like it has a large amount of "sex sells" in its marketing strategy.
Hey guess what pal, you can use sex to sell whatever you like and still not want to be harassed. Weird right

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna say all streamers are shitty people cause that's clearly not true. but a lot of them are. And it seems like the worse they are the more money people throw at them. Like I've seen streamers insult and totally dehumanize their chat only to get rewarded with cash for doing it. I don't understand it all.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
She is good friends and formally pretty active with Ice Poseidon and his Cx community so this behaviour is expected tbh. Ice and all his former crew are as racist and hateful as they come.

Nov 11, 2017
So she's a fullblown white supremacist? She'll be fine people will just do a patreon or some scumbag shit for her smh

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Man what a fucking disgusting piece of shit. Unfortunately this will probably generate even more traffic for her.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
You'd see brazen shit like from a lot of twitch streamers if it didnt affect their bottom line.

The site has so much trash.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She's pretty and white plus that type of hateful language is synonymous with the type of people who watch her stuff. Hard to cancel someone when her superiors and fans approve of what she's doing.