• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
She seems terrible but also there is a nazi in the White House so I won't give her any percentage of my outrage at this moment in time.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
this sadly looks like the average level of the chat I encounter in the MMORPG I play, and what I expect most discords look like, people are often vile without strong TOS enforcement/decent moderation it seems, and their voice is often the loudest.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Someone on the internet saying racist shit?? I'm shocked!!! Hopefully her viewership goes down the drain and she has to get a "real" job.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
Wow....I really hope news of this spreads like a wildfire so this scumbag never gets to make a penny again. Disgusting...Also, if Twitch does nothing, they are just as disgusting as she is.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this sadly looks like the average level of the chat I encounter in the MMORPG I play, and what I expect most discords look like, people are often vile without strong TOS enforcement/decent moderation it seems, and their voice is often the loudest.

^^^^

It's why I'm not in many. It's not good for my mental health.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio

This X's 10000. I don't understand how immature even people my age (Early 30's) can be on Xbox Live and in MMORPG chats. These people wouldn't dare speaking like that in public, yet they are fearless in game. Makes you wonder which personality is their true self...

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought this type of shit was the stuff 12 year old boys would type back in early 2000s but I know now that sadly this is still alive and well on the internet.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Seems like most of the popular twitch streamers are trash human beings. And her defense is simply, well I was young when I said that. It was like 10 months ago!

Anyway, she's a girl who uses her looks on that platform, nothing will probably happen to her.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
You're not going to get away from it on any site with even a mildly progressive lean. All the gaming controversies and figures showing their ass time and time again is what colours this opinion. It doesn't come from thin air.
I think thats what hes getting at, that people are generalizing and colour that opinion for a whole group of people instead of talking about the indivduals that do the bad things. Generalizing a group can bring a bad stigma towards everyone in that group. No sure how much it really affect things for "gamers" overall, but yeah, thats the thing at least.

I also get your point of view about saying "not all.." can look like some type of deflection from the other issues at hand.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Not only will she have zero, if any, disciplinary action taken against her, but she will probably have an increase in viewers and subs. Probably some BS gofundme opened up for her too.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
So you calling yourself and everyone on this site trash. Aye bruh how about fuck off

I never understood why folks such as yourself react this way. I see that comment, chuckle and move along and you feel the need to set the record straight in defense of gamers everywhere? If it didn't apply to you, you had absolutely nothing to get upset about in the first place. You'd think that poster called you out specifically. In either case, gamers aren't some downtrodden and oppressed group.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Your apology isn't accepted you bigot. Twitch should really just ban her, but they won't.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Twitch double standards strikes again, wish more streamers switched boats to give them a reason to look at what's going wrong with their platform.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Jenna has issued an apology

Not that I believe the apology is genuine in the slightest but I do find it amusing when I read these things, there is never actually a plan on how they plan to improve and learn from the incident. No longer saying racist, homophobic or bigoted shit doesn't mean you have learned from your mistake. It means you are now exercising the most basic in decent interactions.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I want to apologize for bringing up the story the way that I did when I was 17 when my best friend and I kissed. I was really irresponsible in reflecting on the story without giving the full context. This has raised some red flags and caused people to misjudge the situation. I will make sure to be mindful from this point on that I'm not misunderstood in the future by my poor choice of words. I also want to be clear that I think all sexual assault is wrong and I do not advocate for any acts that are pressured/forced or made uncomfortable for anyone even if the situation may seem innocent.

Just laughably bad. What an awful, disgusting creature.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Damn, she's just going all in, over, and over and over again.

This is no accident or lapse of judgement here folks wtf.

Her comments on Mexicans...disgusting. She should get a permaban.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's apologizing for being human trash KEKW

She's still not banned KEKW

Twitch does nothing AGAIN KEKW

KEK DOUBLE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

tenor.gif

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
When this first dropped and she was looking at it on stream she claimed to not remember any of this, which was obviously bs.

Twitch isn't going to punish her and neither of them will get any long term flack over it.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Here's hoping this makes her actually change for the better but man, these apologies all sound the same. Just admit you said horrible shit and you need to be better. Stop acting like you didn't think people would be hurt by it because that's total bs. Twitch needs to do more themselves. At the very east a temp ban for the message to be sent but we know that ain't happening.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping this makes her actually change for the better but man, these apologies all sound the same. Just admit you said horrible shit and you need to be better. Stop acting like you didn't think people would be hurt by it because that's total bs. Twitch needs to do more themselves. At the very east a temp ban for the message to be sent but we know that ain't happening.
Why would you think someone who engaged with this shit for years will suddenly become a better person because she got caught? She made up the dumbest excuses "I don't remember saying that, the old runescape days" (about messages that were one month old), and won't get any repercussions regarding her work either.

Like, what makes you think this will "change" her? She didn't stop being who she is.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Twitch really is a shit organization. I kind of wish mixr would overtake it, you know Microsoft would ban her ass. Whenever it comes to issues like this, Twitch doesn't do shit.

And honestly, they foster this type of behaviour. This is just a part of the Twitch culture

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Why would you think someone who engaged with this shit for years will suddenly become a better person because she got caught? She made up the dumbest excuses "I don't remember saying that, the old runescape days" (about messages that were one month old), and won't get any repercussions regarding her work either.

Like, what makes you think this will "change" her? She didn't stop being who she is.
I don't know to be honest, I just hope that one of the moments actually hits someone into changing. There's so much negativity and I just don't like thinking people are incapable or unwilling to act better. It can get depressing. In all actuality, you're most likely right and she'll keep doing it, it'll get out again, and nothing will happen because most people won't care enough. I realize that but I just like to think there's a small chance it could happen.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
She won't get banned. Twitch is not accountable to anyone, they operate in their own little bubble of favoritism.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
'I want to keep this incoming flowing and if that means no longer looking down on other races and homosexuals, I'm going to try and educate myself to get better at that.'

What a trooper.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

Not really, it's representative of their character, and Twitch I believe has policies regarding off-platform image as well.
Also people get fired for stuff they do outside of work all the time. Just 'cause you're not at work doesn't mean you have license to be a knob

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
Then like...what are they doing?

Just talking?
i follow 2.
Noriyaro - japanese car culture/drifting ( https://www.youtube.com/user/noriyaro )
talk, live stream from Ebisu Circuit, from shows & events

JapanesePrintmaking - woodblock printing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bull_(craftsman)
you probable saw his work: https://www.onelargeprawn.co.za/2012/08/08/ukiyo-e-video-game-heroes/ )
You see Davi working on woodblocks from his studio in Asakusa, Tokyo.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
It seems like all of this is on Discord.

Seems like a tricky line to walk banning someone off Twitch for stuff they said on a discord.

It's not tricky at all. Many jobs have the ability to fire you for off site activities if they breach codes of ethics or endanger company image.

Something like Twitch is probably the easiest place ever to enforce this shit.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"I never thought these words I was carelessly and nonchalantly saying would cause actual harm to anyone.."

You're fucking lying. Grown ass woman trying to play this card.

F O H

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
"I never thought these words I was carelessly and nonchalantly saying would cause actual harm to anyone.."

You're fucking lying. Grown ass woman trying to play this card.

F O H

Nah that's less of a lie and more of a smart ass "sticks and stones" logic scapegoat. It's her way of diminishing what she said while making it appear as an apology without accountability. Fuck her. They should shut her shit down now. She's not sorry and won't ever be.