• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
He knows what he's doing. Anybody still watching DSP in this day and age isn't going to be put off by this sort of behaviour and it will only actively gain him followers, especially if sites like this show that they're visibly pissed off.

Don't signal boost for him, just ignore him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He knows what he's doing. Anybody still watching DSP in this day and age isn't going to be put off by this sort of behaviour and it will only actively gain him followers, especially if sites like this show that they're visibly pissed off.

Don't signal boost for him, just ignore him.
Are we going to ignore every streamer and YTer that does stuff like this, then?

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it the streamer is known to be trash then yeah. Who gives a shit. His audience won't care, and anyone who doesn't like his antics already don't watch him.

And it all gets swept under the rug and when they do the next thing we get people saying "wait what did they do!?"

Maybe let the discussion play out instead of trying to kill it on the first page with thread whining.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
kwrfryimotx21.jpg

Also stop giving this roach attention. Y'all feeding into his eternal state.

Oct 26, 2017
Are we going to ignore every streamer and YTer that does stuff like this, then?
Did I say that? If it was a streamer previously not known for this behaviour then the information would be useful. Phil is known exactly for this sort of shit so nothing new is being brought to the table.
And it all gets swept under the rug and when they do the next thing we get people saying "wait what did they do!?"

Maybe let the discussion play out instead of trying to kill it on the first page with thread whining.
What "discussion" is there to be had here? It's just a series of posts giving him the attention he wants. The only cause being helped is his and it's the same reason this place has policies on place regarding people like Colin Moriarty. Their entire schtick is deliberately trying to attract negative attention.
It's not "thread whining" when it's being pointed out that they only benefit from this situation.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did I say that? If it was a streamer previously not known for this behaviour then the information would be useful. Phil is known exactly for this sort of shit so nothing new is being brought to the table.

What "discussion" is there to be had here? It's just a series of posts giving him the attention he wants. The only cause being helped is his and it's the same reason this place has policies on place regarding people like Colin Moriarty. Their entire schtick is deliberately trying to attract negative attention.
It's not "thread whining" when it's being pointed out that they only benefit from this situation.
How is he going to benefit from this? Are there a bunch of people here that are sympathetic to those jokes and decide to become fans of him because of this?

Oct 25, 2017
This really isn't going to benefit DSP at all. He's been bigoted and racist in the past and yet it hasn't blown up his career at all. Everyone knows he's an ass. Anyone who's watching is doing some ironically.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is he really big? i only know of him because he used to always get clowned by the fgc.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised but I swear I read a joke the other week during the ProJared drama that DSP would outlast the "YouTuber controversy" since the worst thing he usually does is be shit at games.

Oct 26, 2017
How is he going to benefit from this? Are there a bunch of people here that are sympathetic to those jokes and decide to become fans of him because of this?
You do realise that people other than Era members read these boards, right? Resetera gets a lot of traffic from people interested in games even if they're not posters or agree with the political leanings of the site. There are even saddos that relish in pointing out what the latest thing we're "outraged" at is.

I'm not having a go at you personally, I'm just saying that the only party likely to benefit from this is him.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This really isn't going to benefit DSP at all. He's been bigoted and racist in the past and yet it hasn't blown up his career at all. Everyone knows he's an ass. Anyone who's watching is doing some ironically.

Yeah, this is on brand and if you're tuning in to his stuff it's because you like consuming garbage for one reason or another. It's less about him and more about people seeking him out and streaming services tolerating him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You do realise that people other than Era members read these boards, right? Resetera gets a lot of traffic from people interested in games even if they're not posters or agree with the political leanings of the site. There are even saddos that relish in pointing out what the latest thing we're "outraged" at is.

I'm not having a go at you personally, I'm just saying that the only party likely to benefit from this is him.
I don't think we should be living in constant fear of what other boards are saying about us, like we're already seen as a joke to them anyway. Like, I checked and can see that this thread has been posted on NeoGAF to critique us for "faux outrage". And so what? We're going to get attacked and mocked for our mere existence as a site, I don't think we should be too worried about what places like that think of us.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
And yet I'm convinced he's going to outlive all youtubers, because at this rate this attitude of his is just par for the course in his channel XD

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think we should be living in constant fear of what other boards are saying about us, like we're already seen as a joke to them anyway. Like, I checked and can see that this thread has been posted on NeoGAF to critique us for "faux outrage". And so what? We're going to get attacked and mocked for our mere existence as a site, I don't think we should be too worried about what places like that think of us.
I don't give two fucks about what other people think of the site or it's posters. I'm pointing out that people other than those that subscribe to it's political leaning actively read the boards and therefore it signal boosts for people like Phil. How the hell was that your takeaway from my previous post?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
At first i felt sorry for him that he gets so much shit on and trolled over the years for being awful at video games, but honestly, he's just a racist transphobic asshole and i lost my sympathy for him.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Last year he called other youtuber's the F word and "homos" while streaming PUBG.

Don't expect anything to happen though. Pigroach will outlive us all.

He needs that money dood, he really does, he needs that money, for the bills!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop treating him like a meme to laugh at and condemn him like anyone else who would do this.

Too many people have been giving him a pass because he makes a fool of himself.

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely grotesque. People need to clapback on these alt-right fools, stifle them at every turn, dry up their sources of income and deplatform with continuous unrelenting rigor until these nazi scum are panhandling on the streets.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
They are going to hate us no matter what we say or do. These sites and people have way too much time on their hands

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
You're giving Phil exactly what he wants, attention.

Phil doesn't care about attention. The only thing he cares about is money.

He actually doesn't like this kind of attention because he's paranoid that it will hurt the amount of donations or Twitch subs he'll receive. But it never does hurt him. People still throw money at him.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Considered making a thread about this earlier. But didn't. The guy is absolute trash and there is a laundry list of reasons why he is shitty. He later pretty much told people to relax and its a joke. And that he can't believe how people upset at it get up in the morning

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, seriously, this is not something you want to draw attention to. DSP thrives off negative attention. It's his entire modus operandi and why he still persists as the proverbial cockroach of youtube after all these years.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
I don't think DSP is capable of being cancelled. Nothing can stop him, and nothing can help. His existence is a perpetual, universe defying cycle.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is 100% standard behaviour for DSP, he's always been garbage.