• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That's DSP for you. There's really nothing new here. You could probably make this same thread every day.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
"I need money to pay my taxes" Phil is still going at it? Last time I checked his channel has like barely 1k views on any video. It baffles me that people show up to his streams everyday.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
DPS has always been a garbage human being. The fact that people waste money supporting him is disappointing.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
He's always been a giant sack of shit. This should come as a surprise to no one. It's a shame people still financially support this scumbag after all the shit he's done.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Not particularly surprising. DSP's always been a massive bellend and all-round bad person, he's been banned from other platforms for making anti-semitic jokes. So this seems like part and parcel. I guess his 3 fans eat this shit up.

YouTube channels keep falling and dying, and yet DSP just keeps on going. It's actually incredible that he's still around.

NightKingistheWaif

alt account
Banned
May 14, 2019
So you can wank on stream as long as you don't show your dick? How is he not banned for that?
That happened back when he was streaming on Youtube. I think his accident happening on Twitch would have resulted in more drastic consequences. The guy moves from platform to platform wherever he can make the most cash. Literally a cockroach

Oct 28, 2017
He couldn't let projared run with all the attention now could he?
Fuck that guy though, he's always been like this. People don't care though, as long as he does the bad thing people will justify watching him cause "lel, it's funneh."

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not entirely convinced the wanking wasn't a publicity stunt.

As rotten as he is, it's difficult to understand the mindset of someone his age sitting on a couch and rubbing one out immediately before a starting a gaming stream. Quite the fetish.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Darksydephil has never done anything racist, homophobic or transphobic in his career

Except role play a nazi in dead space 2, make fun of Asian npcs in multiple games, almost let the n word slip in Metroid other m, make fun of and be grossed out about a gay npc in GTAIV, use a homophobic slur in PUBG, and others I'm probably forgetting to mention here

I honestly remember in the heat of Gamergate some on GAF were actually calling him a stand up guy because they thought behind the screw up personality he was a genuine nice guy. Phil can eat shit.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
What a fucking idiot. Even if you are a douchebag, what's with the insistence of airing it out to the world. I guess it still panders to certain type of gamers, the worst kind.

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
"robble robble"? It's rabble rabble, this fool can't do anything right.

DSP's attempt to stay relevant #629001 in effect, let's see if it works this time (it wont)

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
He's a pariah in the FGC. I'm amazed he somehow didn't have that history follow him. He was a shitty Ssf2t player, lied and sold broken sticks to his fans, and never not been a shitty person.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Darksydephil has never done anything racist, homophobic or transphobic in his career

Except role play a nazi in dead space 2, make fun of Asian npcs in multiple games, almost let the n word slip in Metroid other m, make fun of and be grossed out about a gay npc in GTAIV, use a homophobic slur in PUBG, and others I'm probably forgetting to mention here

I honestly remember in the heat of Gamergate some on GAF were actually calling him a stand up guy because they thought behind the screw up personality he was a genuine nice guy. Phil can eat shit.
Also, "You know when he's black, there's gonna be trouble." in a playthrough of GTAV.

According to him, he's not racist, yet something like this can be made:

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Always remember, internet.

He did nothing wrong. He did everything correctly. And he's not popular because WE are the assholes who won't let his past be in the past.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
lol yea, vast majority of his viewers are people that hate him. Its not even about the games or anything. Its like people watching a fucked up soap opera. Its all drama 24/7 and people pick apart anything he does or says. This twitter account that posted these is dedicated to picking out fucked up things DSP says for example. Its times like this, when he does something so horrible, that make the detractors come out in droves even more.
It's crazy to think that Phil got the last laugh over the Sons of Kojima. Detractors would have like 4hr podcasts about him.

Man, I used to really follow a lot of the DSP dunking stuff back when it blew up years back. The DSP Tries It compilations, the Good Idea/Bad Idea compilations, the KWO/SoK stuff, all that. Then it got really really creepy. It started being less about shitting on him for being a terrible Let's Player (and, let's be real, a terrible human being) and more about obsessively stalking every aspect of his life, feasting on the drama of his failures like bloodthirsty sharks. It became this anti-cult of personality, a haven of trolls so dedicated to hating this man that it looped back around to slavish devotion around his existence.

This is why he's still around, why he's lasted so long and outlasted others. He is so inept, so terrible, so hateable, that the meta-context of his inability to produce content has in itself become content, one that has developed a strong audience of its own. And so DSP, without intent or control, manages to barely sustain himself, being just enough of a clown for his audience of haters to laugh.

EDIT: TL;DR he's still around because he's being supported by trolls that hate him so much that they keep him afloat in order to continuously mine content over his hateable existence.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
DSP calling other people sensitive is the funniest shit possible. He refuses to automate his stream notifications because he's scared to death of someone making fun of him or his ex/wife.
This is coming from the same guy who disables comments on his videos funny enough.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not entirely convinced the wanking wasn't a publicity stunt.

As rotten as he is, it's difficult to understand the mindset of someone his age sitting on a couch and rubbing one out immediately before a starting a gaming stream. Quite the fetish.

On one hand, I think you're discounting the possibility that he's just a very stupid and uncouth man.

On the other hand, he has recorded himself in the shower and announced to the camera when he was washing his balls. So maybe.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
What surprises me a bit is how insecure people come off when they make these kinds of jokes.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
He dunked on ProJared? He hooked up with a minor and didn't disclose the relationship until she was of legal age. How ironic.
I'll never understand how this didn't screw him over for good. Pretty sure based on the details he gave, she had to have been underage. And also had a YT video that exposed a topless photo of her on how computer.

The guy has so many things that make him absolute shit but he still manages to survive.

Pretty ironic that he makes fun of people being sensitive about jokes when he flips out over the slightest things people make fun of him for (and they are true)

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Just stumbled over this YT video on DSP. Lol, the guy really has a shitty reputation overall. And well deserved too. He seems to be a really unlikeable person.

Neithardt

Banned
May 22, 2019
How is this guy still getting viewers? He's a proven con-artist, a racist, a pathetic excuse for a human.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
"The joke worked because you exist...If you didn't exist the joke wouldn't work"

Is this guy fucking insane?!?!?!