• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who just sits around watching girls walk around on the street?

Y'all all broken.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yo why my Asian ppl being jerks? This and that one with the rental house. Cmon son.

It's likely just to get a reaction and make people laugh but by being aholes. "Oh shit hold your purse else that black guy gonna steal it lol amirite guys? It's just us girls having so much fun yet being careful!! Xoxo"

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this what twitch is about these days?

A lot of it, yeah.

Don't get me wrong, there's some okay stuff on there. Caught a channel that does a nonstop stream of old Beavis and Butthead episodes complete with music videos, and there are a few quality game streams here and there, but it's just small bits of signal buried under a whole bunch of garbage noise like this.

The distressing part isn't that people watch this crap so much as the fact that they spend money on these fucking people.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood th
It's at the Big Brother/Real World stage.
Guess it's come full circle. Didn't it start as an offshoot of Justin TV or is that something I just made up?

Going go Google that now.

Also fuck these racists. It's always super disappointing to see minorities being racist to other minorities. Like them being Asian women I'm sure they have to deal with so much racist shit and fetishization. Why continue the trend?

cyress8

Avenger
Ah. Thousands of people watch streamers (male and female streamers) going about their day, walking around, going shopping, eating, cooking, every day. IRL/just chatting is one of the most popular sections on Twitch.
Why though? Their lives that boring that watching people doing boring shit is exciting?

Shit is just weird. Maybe I'm too fucking old. I don't know.

FirstBlood

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
User Banned (2 Weeks): Rationalizing racism; account in junior phase.
I think they might have mistook it for aggressive catcalling? Sounds like he might have been having a somewhat heated conversation on the phone and they just happen to walk by right as he's saying what sounds like "hey come over here"

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
You know laughing and goofing off would have been fine and what not but once they threw in the "hold your purse thing" they could kindly fuck off. That casual racism bullshit

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This trend of people living their lives in the over reactive way to get viewers sucks. I am 100% old man yelling at clouds about this shit, I fucking hate it, shut it all down it was a mistake.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood th

Guess it's come full circle. Didn't it start as an offshoot of Justin TV or is that something I just made up?

Going go Google that now.

Also fuck these racists. It's always super disappointing to see minorities being racist to other minorities. Like them being Asian women I'm sure they have to deal with so much racist shit and fetishization. Why continue the trend?
It's not Justin TV yet. JTV was amazing. I once watched a group stream of Silent Hill movie. Being able to talk about the movie with a group of strangers as stuff happened was fun as hell. It was the wild west back then.

Nov 2, 2017
I think they might have mistook it for aggressive catcalling? Sounds like he might have been having a somewhat heated conversation on the phone and they just happen to walk by right as he's saying what sounds like "hey come over here"

Sure, the dude was in a heated conversation, but I doubt they would run away laughing if they thought there was any real danger.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh... is this the first time they've ever walked around a US city? Because if they react like that to a brown man talking to someone, they're going to have a bad time.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Edit: The post that I have written for this thread yesterday was absolutely terrible and I am absolutely ashamed for writing it. I am very sorry for writing that post. From now on, I will think before posting on threads.

Last edited:

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He definitely didn't say that but his conversation was a bit heated and peppered with some vulgarity and/or words i won't say.

That said, I doubt those played into their reaction