• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I think they might have mistook it for aggressive catcalling? Sounds like he might have been having a somewhat heated conversation on the phone and they just happen to walk by right as he's saying what sounds like "hey come over here"
This is the most delusional of takes to absolve them of any shred of responsibility for a very clear act of racist 'hold your purse it's a black man saying things' panic.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
"Heated conversation". You mean Tuesday in New York, lol.

Trust me, you can not be saying a god damned thing and folks will clutch they purse as they pass when you're a black dude.

Deleted member 54469

User requested account closure
Mar 4, 2019
I think they might have mistook it for aggressive catcalling? Sounds like he might have been having a somewhat heated conversation on the phone and they just happen to walk by right as he's saying what sounds like "hey come over here"

the oh so progressive resetera community back at it again with more support of casual racism.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory generalization, accumulated infractions.
Wonder what era is gonna say when they realize the average asian household is probably far more racist then the average white. I say this as someone from a not racist asian household

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
You saw one post and you're misattributing it to both progressives and the entire Era community.

Silence, concern troll. Neither of you represent all of is.

yeah yeah please go ahead and defend the guy defending casual racism while trying to call yourself progressive. used to it.

oh and look, i'm a troll for calling out the defense of racist bullshit because oh.. i don't know.. maybe i'm a POC and don't wanna stand for it or buy some stupid shit like

fuck outta here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait maybe he was preparing to execute his Black man Purse Stealing kekkei genkai and they were trying to nullify it by getting out of his range? See they aren't racist

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
giphy.gif

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Where do they live where bystanders having their own lives is an oh shit moment to them. They would lose their minds in NYC.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Not really that casual is it.

Hope Twitch does the right thing and doesn't just give them a pass.

I mean that's the main problem with IRL streaming, if you don't want random people coming into your stream, or can't deal with the public respectfully, then don't do it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Automatically assuming that a black man is going to hurt them because he's being heated in public is pretty racist.

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I sometimes ask God why he didn't make me an attractive girl that could rake in the twitch money from simps

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Rationalizing racism over a series of posts in this thread
They overreacted and went over the top, but the reaction here is a bit ridiculous. I work in NYC everyday. If I'm walking down the block and suddenly hear "You a stupid n*****..." in that tone, even I'd get on edge.

That is not a common occurrence for most people and can put most people on tilt.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
I've never understood th

Guess it's come full circle. Didn't it start as an offshoot of Justin TV or is that something I just made up?

Going go Google that now.

Also fuck these racists. It's always super disappointing to see minorities being racist to other minorities. Like them being Asian women I'm sure they have to deal with so much racist shit and fetishization. Why continue the trend?

this is why the whole "people of color" term people like to throw around is a farce

most "minorities"/"allies" do not see themselves on the same level as blacks (unless it benefits them to do so)

They overreacted and went over the top, but the reaction here is a bit ridiculous. I work in NYC everyday. If I'm walking down the block and suddenly hear "You a stupid n*****..." in that tone, even I'd get on edge.

That is not a common occurrence for most people and can put most people on tilt.

yes, this man having a conversation with someone else justifies these women fearing their lives/about to get robbed. your little "i'm around blacks all the time so i understand" statement isnt missed either.

fuck off with this shit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019

sheeeesh this isn't a good look

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What is this?
What relevance does this even have to two girls walking past a random black dude and clutching their purses?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So this is how Era responds to literal purse clutching then

EDIT: I should clarify lest I be misconstrued though, I'm with the dudes calling the streamers fucking racist asses

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

You might have some racial biases to work out.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
this is why the whole "people of color" term people like to throw around is a farce

most "minorities"/"allies" do not see themselves on the same level as blacks (unless it benefits them to do so)

yes, this man having a conversation with someone else justifies these women fearing their lives/about to get robbed. your little "i'm around blacks all the time so i understand" statement isnt missed either.

fuck off with this shit.

Where did I say I'm around blacks? I simply said that isn't a common occurrence in NYC.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

You would clutch your purse and run?

No, the normal reaction would be to at most look up, turn...realize the dude was talking on his phone and walk away cuz it wasn't about you...

lol seriously?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

Really? Idk how you survive commuting in NYC is that tone startles you. It's also not a common occurrence for most people apparently to walk near black people. Is that why they cross the street just in case?

Also it's 100% a common occurrence in NYC. Where do you commute?

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry to hear about your curse, having to defend obvious racism every day so your blood doesn't boil sounds terrible.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of it, yeah.

Don't get me wrong, there's some okay stuff on there. Caught a channel that does a nonstop stream of old Beavis and Butthead episodes complete with music videos, and there are a few quality game streams here and there, but it's just small bits of signal buried under a whole bunch of garbage noise like this.

The distressing part isn't that people watch this crap so much as the fact that they spend money on these fucking people.

I'm gonna need a link (or DM if it's on the downlow) to that classic Beavis and Butthead twitch channel.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
There is someone in the first page who just got banned for a week for rationalizing this blatant display of racism.

What do you proceed to do?

It's the response you deserve.

I'm arguing that it's not blatant racism. They overreacted, but they heard a pretty aggressive thing as they passed by. It's not automatically racist to have a poor reaction.