• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch. Not even once.
Someone who isn't black thats for damn sure lol

Certified trash trying to pass off as a different race just to excuse anti-black behavior. We see you, sir.
They explained their situation like 3 times already, just sayin'

Edit* damn resetera's new auto-link is crudd. Completely obfuscates the URL.
Maybe just on mobile.

I just don't even get the reaction lmfao. Like how can this reaction be a process in a normal person's mind. Who the fuck does something like this when the dude is clearly on the phone, off to the side, and not even eyeing them? I understand if dude approached or was staring them down, but to just randomly run away. LMFAO these people wouldn't last a day in my hood.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ah. Thousands of people watch streamers (male and female streamers) going about their day, walking around, going shopping, eating, cooking, every day. IRL/just chatting is one of the most popular sections on Twitch.
That sounds kinda sad. The only times I watch a streamer talking about something rather than playing, are when they're talking about their experience in a recent tournament, explaining patch notes or maybe watching another stream and reacting/commenting on it.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
That sounds kinda sad. The only times I watch a streamer talking about something rather than playing, are when they're talking about their experience in a recent tournament, explaining patch notes or maybe watching another stream and reacting/commenting on it.

I watch twitch channels more for the person than the gameplay. If a streamer is entertaining while playing games, they'll probably be entertaining while doing other things.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Yo why my Asian ppl being jerks? This and that one with the rental house. Cmon son.

It's likely just to get a reaction and make people laugh but by being aholes. "Oh shit hold your purse else that black guy gonna steal it lol amirite guys? It's just us girls having so much fun yet being careful!! Xoxo"
Seems like most of the Asians in my family are pretty racist. Especially the religious ones.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
This sucks to see. I was a big fan of the girl in the Adidas jacket. Great musician

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
i dont know. im a black in the south, if I was in his exact position I would assume it was because of the way I was talking before i assumed racism, but like i said it could be either one.

i just wont assume racism here which is my general mentality... you guys could be 100% right and maybe im giving them too much leeway but all i can say is that me, personally, when i used to see situations like this and notice racist assholes everywhere i went to a dark place so I don't do that anymore. either way, it's not like I really want to go on a limb for these random girls I don't even know.

Nah, get the fuck outta here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I watch twitch channels more for the person than the gameplay. If a streamer is entertaining while playing games, they'll probably be entertaining while doing other things.

Pretty much. People seem to be acting like this is random people ala chatroulette when sometimes its just a favourite streamer doing something other than gaming for once. Its not far removed from why people enjoy watching Jablinski games despite his Del Gato not working.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like they reacted to the loud talking, but I have no doubt there was racism involved in their reaction. "Omg look at that loud black dude, I'm so scared."
What an overreaction.
Seems like most of the Asians in my family are pretty racist. Especially the religious ones.
Every group is racist in different ways.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh I get ya, I'd probably check something like this out when sick and staying home all day because of it. Ah well, the video is certainly something.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Crap like this proves that stopping racism is far more than just tackling racial slurs. Not a single n-word was uttered by the two women.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Crap like this proves that stopping racism is far more than just tackling racial slurs. Not a single n-word was uttered by the two women.

A lot of people have this reductive, Hollywoodesque idea of racism. For some, it's from a place of ignorance, but a lot of people like that have excused their own racist attitudes by limiting its definition to convenient strawmen that are almost always the rare examples of racism rather than the more mundane instances black people encounter every day of their lives.

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing in this situation more despicable than clutching your purse and fleeing in broad daylight from a black man on his phone, laughing and giggling along the way, is being the type of person that capes for assholes that would do this.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With. Some. Of. You. Morons. In. This. Thread.

Seriously. Defending these racist fuckwads. The diet racism sympathy police. God damn

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With. Some. Of. You. Morons. In. This. Thread.

Seriously. Defending these racist fuckwads. The diet racism sympathy police. God damn

Do you remember when the internet made a funny gif out of an elderly Asian lady screaming and recoiling in horror when she discovered it was a black kid under a an Iron Man mask?

None of this should surprise you.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
i dont know. im a black in the south, if I was in his exact position I would assume it was because of the way I was talking before i assumed racism, but like i said it could be either one.

i just wont assume racism here which is my general mentality... you guys could be 100% right and maybe im giving them too much leeway but all i can say is that me, personally, when i used to see situations like this and notice racist assholes everywhere i went to a dark place so I don't do that anymore. either way, it's not like I really want to go on a limb for these random girls I don't even know.
Hello there fellow BLACK

rein

Apr 16, 2018
The streamers are racist idiots and something tells me twitch chat was having a blast.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to derail, but I've seen racism manifest in pretty much every racial group. It might be in different ways or to different degrees, but it's there. I'm mainly reacting to the people surprised that Asian people can be racist. Of course they can be racist.
A lot of people have this reductive, Hollywoodesque idea of racism. For some, it's from a place of ignorance, but a lot of people like that have excused their own racist attitudes by limiting its definition to convenient strawmen that are almost always the rare examples of racism rather than the more mundane instances black people encounter every day of their lives.
I agree with this. These women might not consider themselves to be racist, but that doesn't change that their behavior was racist.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
most "minorities"/"allies" do not see themselves on the same level as blacks (unless it benefits them to do so)
White progressive people always put "POC"s in the same bucket and assume we all get along because we're not European-based White. Maybe it's a different kind of racism, but we've historically not gotten along. Even in our own minority subgroups (Latino, East Asian) we fight between countries. That said, I do think things have gotten better in the past ten years. I see a lot of solidarity and understanding.

Anyway, nothing excuses the clip. Not only are they racist, they publicly did it in an over dramatic way to be "funny".

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
on the one hand though, it's good that they just revealed to the world just how shitty as people they fucking are. how hard is it to just be decent? there's really nothing funny or cute about that and it just perpetuates ignorance and bullshit assumptions about black men.

and seriously, fuck the idea of defending this bullshit. don't start white knighting just because they're some asian girls. and i know people do that shit. that is hurtful to anyone to be prejudged and treated like that. probably some privilege in action once again because you've personally never been treated that way.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if they're facing any actual blowback from this? Or if they addressed this at all?

sca

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty bad look. I was originally going to say that it came down to the girl in the striped jacket since she's the one that reacts, starts speed-walking, and speaking up. After re-watching it, I see that pink hair/Jamie/igumdrop also reacted by holding onto her items(or clutch?) more securely and looked towards striped jacket girl for confirmation. I believe igumdrop also said something on stream before about how South Eastern Asians were the jungle Asians and the Eastern Asians being the fancy Asians, but I can't find a clip for it.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
iGumdrop is a boring, trash streamer anyway. Nothing of value lost.

Never even heard of the other girl in the video until this broke out.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
You see the strangest shit in just chatting, really weird shit...just delete the whole thing to be honest.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

giphy.gif