• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
the moment the walk past the guy the first thing you hear him say is "you're a stupid n****, then he says something about "they" "don't know..."" and then we ( I ) can't hear what he says after that but they presumably can. He's having some sort of heated or potentially heated conversation and the girls react to that - it's not like they're saying WTF to the fact that there's a black man on the street alone.

THEN, when they are safe distance away and look back and see there's no danger they yell about holding their purses. THIS is the part that is probably racist, but honestly if the guy was any other race they might make a similar joke about him coming after them.

although im ready for the gif chain responses and ERA claiming im a self-hating black, i think there's plenty of leeway here, so unless these girls have done some other definitely racist things i dont see this as a big deal.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Fed, who is another popular streamer and friend of the girl with pink hair posted this on /r/livestreamfails

oJJopBe.png

Not sure anyone is going to believe that when they yell out "Hold your purse"

Twitch chat will always laugh at this shit too. Twitch has just about the most toxic and racist chat I have ever experienced. That's why I shut it off if I'm ever watching a stream.

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of it, yeah.

Don't get me wrong, there's some okay stuff on there. Caught a channel that does a nonstop stream of old Beavis and Butthead episodes complete with music videos, and there are a few quality game streams here and there, but it's just small bits of signal buried under a whole bunch of garbage noise like this.

The distressing part isn't that people watch this crap so much as the fact that they spend money on these fucking people.
That sounds mad illegal. But I need to know what the channel is.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
I'm arguing that it's not blatant racism. They overreacted, but they heard a pretty aggressive thing as they passed by. It's not automatically racist to have a poor reaction.

you should get a name change to ISWDhalism for this level of reach buddy

what part of someone talking to someone else saying "you're a stupid nigga" causes a reaction of "hide your purses and run"?

its almost as if it really had nothing to do with what was said and more with who said it...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Going to assume the two people in this thread defending this BS live in bumfuck flyover city and have never even seen a Black person in real life. Please let this be the case and they don't live in a city like New York, because in the first example at least they are ignorant racist, but in the latter they are just blatant.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
the moment the walk past the guy the first thing you hear him say is "you're a stupid n****, then he says something about "they" "don't know..."" and then we ( I ) can't hear what he says after that but they presumably can. He's having some sort of heated or potentially heated conversation and the girls react to that - it's not like they're saying WTF to the fact that there's a black man on the street alone.

THEN, when they are safe distance away and look back and see there's no danger they yell about holding their purses. THIS is the part that is probably racist, but honestly if the guy was any other race they might make a similar joke about him coming after them.

although im ready for the gif chain responses and ERA claiming im a self-hating black, i think there's plenty of leeway here, so unless these girls have done some other definitely racist things i dont see this as a big deal.
You can't tell me with a straight face that if it was a white guy they would have been saying "Hold your purse".

Probably racist? Insanely racist. Jesus fucking Christ.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean they're jogging away slowly while while giggling and clutching their purses so I'm while I'm not going to call you a self-hating black I will call you an idiot.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Fed, who is another popular streamer and friend of the girl with pink hair posted this on /r/livestreamfails

oJJopBe.png

Twitch chat will always laugh at this shit too. Twitch has just about the most toxic and racist chat I have ever experienced. That's why I shut it off if I'm ever watching a stream.
They 100% turned around, looked at him, then each other, and started to run. They knew he was black.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Once again a thread about streamers is people yelling at clouds and about talking about how much they don't like twitch, YouTube, social media, the youths.

Glad to see their communities are dragging them on their own.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
You can't tell me with a straight face that if it was a white guy they would have been saying "Hold your purse".

Probably racist? Insanely racist. Jesus fucking Christ.

I mean they're jogging away slowly while while giggling and clutching their purses so I'm not going to call you a self-hating black I will call you an idiot though.

so if the situation was 100% the same to the letter except the guys skin color was white, you guys dont think they would have reacted the same way? i guess its just a matter of opinion then

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

oJJopBe.png

They literally looked back at him, then immediately starting saying hold your purse while laughing. Lol what a weak ass response from that streamer.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Going to assume the two people in this thread defending this BS live in bumfuck flyover city and have never even seen a Black person in real life. Please let this be the case and they don't live in a city like New York, because in the first example at least they are ignorant racist, but in the latter they are just blatant.

nah, a lot of blacks nowadays forgive racist slights too unless there's no way they can muddy the waters

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
so if the situation was 100% the same to the letter except the guys skin color was white, you guys dont think they would have reacted the same way? i guess its just a matter of opinion then

if you dont understand that black people have a stereotype of robbing folks and being aggressive that's constantly being broadcasted and how that ties into this situation then you're at the least very naive

yes if he was white they wouldnt have ran

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I don't know what else to say. We must live on different planes of existence.

i dont know. im a black in the south, if I was in his exact position I would assume it was because of the way I was talking before i assumed racism, but like i said it could be either one.

i just wont assume racism here which is my general mentality... you guys could be 100% right and maybe im giving them too much leeway but all i can say is that me, personally, when i used to see situations like this and notice racist assholes everywhere i went to a dark place so I don't do that anymore. either way, it's not like I really want to go on a limb for these random girls I don't even know.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen somebody use the word "blacks" to describe black people who isn't racist.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
i dont know. im a black in the south, if I was in his exact position I would assume it was because of the way I was talking before i assumed racism, but like i said it could be either one.
I lived in NYC for 13 years. I've seen the exact thing in the video countless times, it was ALWAYS directed towards black men.

I'm white. But have a black sister and some of my closest friends are black. I know every one of them would look at this and call it racist immediately .

Maybe living in the south has just numbed you to it. I don't know.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I lived in NYC for 13 years. I've seen the exact thing in the video countless times, it was ALWAYS directed towards black men.

I'm white. But have a black sister and some of my closest friends are black. I know every one of them would look at this and call it racist immediately .

Maybe living in the south has just numbed you to it. I don't know.

I edited the post to sort of explain where I'm coming from personally. But even just sitting in this thread more is making me think you guys are probably right.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Kids are young and ignorant? At least I hope these two are young lol I know this is an assumption but it probably wouldn't be far off to think they've had little to no interaction with a black man before. young people often go off stereotypes or what garbage they hear from family until they experience the world for themselves. People grow and learn as they age. Hopefully the push back makes them stop and reflect.

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
i expected a decent amount of white people ITT to show how they really feel but damn i'm starting to get a little disappointed at this point fam

yall gotta do better. for real. for yourselves more than anyone. i can't imagine being shook at a black man on the phone. that's really bitch made.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
I've watched a bunch of they're streams because I follow a lot of OfflineTV and they stick to being casually racist towards themselves and other Asians so I'm not surprised they buy into stereotypical racist memes.

They deserve a roasting but I'm not surprised this community put them on the list for who is going on the wall after our communist revolution

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

i just wont assume racism here which is my general mentality... you guys could be 100% right and maybe im giving them too much leeway but all i can say is that me, personally, when i used to see situations like this and notice racist assholes everywhere i went to a dark place so I don't do that anymore. either way, it's not like I really want to go on a limb for these random girls I don't even know.
What kind of black person refers to themselves as 'a black.'?

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What kind of black person

ah this old phrase

the kind that's pretending to be black online.

i mean come on, not even "i'm a black man" or "i'm a black woman"? i mean i figured most black people started saying "POC" awhile ago but "a black"..? no way in hell lmfao

qkOeCpp.jpg

black people are not a hive mind that all speak talk and act the same regardless of how you feel about me initially defending the two idiots in the gif

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
ah this old phrase

qkOeCpp.jpg

black people are not a hive mind that all speak talk and act the same regardless of how you feel about me initially defending the two idiots in the gif

i apologize but i hope you start respecting yourself more bro. i don't mean that as an insult at all, even though i know i probably already came off as an asshole. but you deserve to be called something besides "a black". that's not right, for real, and if you're calling yourself that.. i don't know what to say besides i hope you realize you're more than that.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i apologize but i hope you start respecting yourself more bro. i don't mean that as an insult at all, even though i know i probably already came off as an asshole. but you deserve to be called something besides "a black". that's not right, for real, and if you're calling yourself that.. i don't know what to say besides i hope you realize you're more than that.

its fine, i can understand how it comes off like that and maybe it is if i do a deep dive, i touched on it barely early on but im in the south and had to learn to deal with what i was seeing on blatant and subtle levels to avoid just going to a place of sadness and hatred, and maybe things like calling myself a black are just my way of coping/humor or maybe it actually is self-depreciating - to me it's something i do IRL as a meme (with black friends FYI) so I didn't even notice it when i was typing.

Deleted member 54469

Mar 4, 2019
its fine, i can understand how it comes off like that and maybe it is if i do a deep dive, i touched on it barely early on but im in the south and had to learn to deal with what i was seeing on blatant and subtle levels to avoid just going to a place of sadness and hatred, and maybe things like calling myself a black are just my way of coping/humor or maybe it actually is self-depreciating - to me it's something i do IRL as a meme (with black friends FYI) so I didn't even notice it when i was typing.

removed my post to dm it to kegels as it's pretty personal*

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
god DAMN black people can't do SHIT it seems. Can't even stand on a god damn fence and talk on the phone. WTF world!

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

oJJopBe.png

lol, Fed

fuckouttahere

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of what they did being a racist as fuck thing that white people do all the time when it comes to black people. It's racist in nature.

You're black? Never had someone clutch their purse or cross the street when they see you coming? I find that hard to believe.