• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's one fake ass apology right there. Like a shitty actor reading a slow TelePrompTer.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Probably just me but I kinda hoped he would run after them and be all like "AHHH WHAT ARE WE RUNNING FROMMM AHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

I think the lesson would be lost on them, though.

Purse clutching is dumb and shitty. It's like if someone walked their dog by an Asian person and then jogged away slowly and was like, "I didn't want Toto to become fried rice." Really stupid and racist.

So, uh... is this the first time they've ever walked around a US city? Because if they react like that to a brown man talking to someone, they're going to have a bad time.

Uh, I doubt it? From what I heard, they sound like they're American. I don't think you should assume that people aren't American just because they're not white.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't understand, what else is she supposed to say? All she can do is verbally acknowledge that she was in the wrong. Anything other than that; anything that verges on some emotional coming to jesus moment is what would in all actuality be fake.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Lmao just apologize and admit you were wrong and being racist. This bullshit about being nervous and shit doesn't fly. You knew it was a black man, and you knew very well what you said was racist. You can't say its inexcusable and explain your excuse. Also Justin Wong can get the fuck out'a here, the dumb ass bitch.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its a shame, I actually really enjoyed JVNA's music on youtube. Its some really beautiful stuff. Then I see this shit...

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Woof I was defending these girls yesterday but this apology only emphasizes that they don't recognize their own implicit racism.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, Justin Wong just cancelled himself harder than Daigo cancelled his lightning kicks.

jUl263U.gif

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao just apologize and admit you were wrong and being racist. This bullshit about being nervous and shit doesn't fly. You knew it was a black man, and you knew very well what you said was racist. You can't say its inexcusable and explain your excuse. Also Justin Wong can get the fuck out'a here, the dumb ass bitch.
Exactly, this prefacing shit tells the tale. When its easier to own up that you played into a racist stereotype and now don't like being called out for it. But i'm not surprised given the instants, of anti-blacknesss from the asian community from the older generation and seemingly the new as well towards black people, privately or publicly. Especially after that museum thing in china, with black people being pictured next to animals.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The only IRL streams that make sense to me are the ones where people either live in some exotic place (like friends of mine here in japan who stream their daily lives for American audiences) or people who travel a lot all over the world. Not everyone has the money to travel.

People who just walk around in their towns in the US make no sense to me.

Also, those women are fucking racists, holy shit.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
Seems like most of the Asians in my family are pretty racist. Especially the religious ones.
My girl is Asian and her family is pretty damn racist so much so that she doesn't even talk to them, some of them are ok, but a good amount usually say racist shit unfortunately and the last time we both went to see her dad he said some pretty passive racist stuff. Been a few years since we talked with them.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The only IRL streams that make sense to me are the ones where people either live in some exotic place (like friends of mine here in japan who stream their daily lives for American audiences) or people who travel a lot all over the world. Not everyone has the money to travel.

People who just walk around in their towns in the US make no sense to me.

Also, those women are fucking racists, holy shit.

Its often used to stream from a tournament venue, including sometimes broadcasting off-stream matches.
For example I tuned into this today because it was the only way to see these games. The functionality for gaming related streams is clear, but it did open the door for a bunch of bullshit.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, Janas apology was obviously scripted and rehearsed but that doesn't mean it's more or less sincere than the other girls.

Either way both are just excuses. Should have left it at an apology.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Exactly, this prefacing shit tells the tale. When its easier to own up that you played into a racist stereotype and now don't like being called out for it. But i'm not surprised given the instants, of anti-blacknesss from the asian community from the older generation and seemingly the new as well towards black people, privately or publicly. Especially after that museum thing in china, with black people being pictured next to animals.
I know Justin personally and his response is on some Boogie level type shit. He is not acknowledging what she did was racist. Saying" See both sides" there is no both sides to this. She thought she was being cute acting like that and got called out. And I cannot believe he actually used "I have a black friend card". Very disappointed in his response and hopefully someone in his circle will educate him.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
If anyone wants to see the other streamer's apology:

This seems a lot more genuine. She fucked up and even says she deserves all the shit she is getting. Far better than the other girls apology.

Then again I'm just a white guy and it's not my place to determine if her apology is good enough in this situation.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
This is only slightly less obvious than the "KA-THUNK" of car doors locking. Racist horseshit.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
These apologies were made to appease non-blacks, and it seems like they're working.

In my eyes you can throw both of them in the trash.