• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bradwaung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why Twitch will always be more popular than Mixer. I can use Twitch on my AppleTV, on my LG, on my toaster even.
Well done Amazon.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with backseat gamer? I think the app runs pretty well.

I wonder if it'll be around all that much longer now.
Before Twitch released an official App for the AppleTV in late 2019 (i think), "Twitchy" was basically as good an app as you could get.

It has since been discontinued.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Chat works, and you can make the stream window larger, but that's it.
You cannot even change the resolution or anything.
I hope they will update the app more and more.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. I bought a FireTV stick just to have a Twitch app on my LG. Tho sounds like I should keep using it as this LG app seems barebones.

Edit: Is on 2017, for those curious about older sets. But boy, this app is bare. No login, no following, no quality settings.

Last edited:

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
Why doesn't Samsung have a Twitch app? :(

There is a really good and easy workaround.....I use it on my KS8000

Download Web Video Caster on your TV
Download the same app on your phone/tablet
Use the phone app (it's like a browser) on twitch website
Go to stream you want to watch and press the play button at the top to link with TV app (the live steam says 'adaptive')

Works perfectly for the stream.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Fucking finally. I bought a FireTV stick just to have a Twitch app on my LG. Tho sounds like I should keep using it as this LG app seems barebones.

Edit: Is on 2017, for those curious about older sets. But boy, this app is bare. No login, no following, no quality settings.
Yup, I was greeted the same. I hope updates soon coming in.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I've missed something surely this is a joke app? I can't login, I can't search for any channels unless they're online (wtf), it's just... Awful.
Just use the browser instead, that works fine.

cptodin

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I've missed something surely this is a joke app? I can't login, I can't search for any channels unless they're online (wtf), it's just... Awful.
Just use the browser instead, that works fine.
I was about to post that it can't be worse than using the built in browser to go on twitch. But not even being able to search .. ugh

I can't login via the browser anymore as well since twitch changed their login system, it keeps me in a login loop without ever actually logging in

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they'd put the app back on roku. I know you can get a really old version that's not updated and very limited but it sucks.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
The Apple TV app won't even run at a full 60fps, so definitely don't watch bigger shows like Sony's on the app or all kinds of issues will probably happen.

Mobile apps seem to work ok, although I don't know what the delay is compared to desktop/Chromecast.

Twitch apps are a total mess in general.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The Apple TV app won't even run at a full 60fps, so definitely don't watch bigger shows like Sony's on the app or all kinds of issues will probably happen.

Mobile apps seem to work ok, although I don't know what the delay is compared to desktop/Chromecast.

Twitch apps are a total mess in general.
Sony's show is 30fps.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like I'll stick with the PS4 app, which for some reason is updated continually when shit like the Roku isn't. I guess Amazon isn't selling competing streaming consoles.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Here's an English product page for it, for what it's worth:

LG CONTENT STORE

LG Content Store, Check and find immediate solutions to problems you are experiencing. Before submitting a 1:1 Inquiry, please visit the FAQ or the Self Troubleshooting sections for answers to problems you are experiencing.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
woof you weren't kidding, it really is bad

might throw on a random stream while I'm in bed though, it works for that at least

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I think that you can login with Backseat Gamer, not sure right now, as I just wanna watch the streams.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it get updated and got really excited but... it's exactly the same. Who can we reach out to on possibly getting this app to the standards of the app on other platforms? I really don't understand why it's this super limited version.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
App updated and great news; you can sign in now! So you get your followed channels as well as being able to follow new channels through the app. Sadly tho there is still no VODs, clips or quality options.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I totally missed this. Good that there is one and improving. Will download and install now.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
App updated and great news; you can sign in now! So you get your followed channels as well as being able to follow new channels through the app. Sadly tho there is still no VODs, clips or quality options.
FINALLY. Looking forward to trying that out but I have to say until now: This app has sucked. The chat constantly bugs out and creates an empty black space on the left until you close/reopen the chat (LG C9)

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Nice, thanks for the update.
Could you check if you browse games, if it shows more than 45 games?
I had the problem that after 45 games, there were no games appearing afterwards.