• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I know a follow isn't an endorsement but when it's this many TERFs and that's pretty much all they post about.... seems mighty suspicious 🤔🤔🤔

There are a looooot more tweets if you click on the thread and scroll down

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Also, people seem to forget very important thing when talking about this : She does not follow a SINGLE trans activist. So it is not like a random sample or a "lets see both sides" idea.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Has a person ever made a good point while bringing up Soros lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also, people seem to forget very important thing when talking about this : She does not follow a SINGLE trans activist. So it is not like a random sample or a "lets see both sides" idea.
Yeah, that's why I encouraged people to click on the thread because it's a ton of them and it's basically all they post about.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry this is only somewhat related but "the transgender lobby is funded by the US state department" has to be one of the dumbest takes on Twitter

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is becoming a pattern for her. If it was the first time one could assume it was a dumb mistake but....this keeps happening.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I thought she was going full TERF a while ago. Also what's up with seemingly otherwise sensible Brits having issues with trans people? Graham Linehan's also gone down this gross road. (although I guess he's Irish).

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'er a wild hot take, Arry

Rowling is a weird person. So successful for her books, but she has said controversial/crazy wrong shit as well.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think what really gets me about this is that she doesn't say anything herself, she just follows these people - consistently - then attributes it to a 'middle aged moment'.

She's not only a bigot, she's a coward too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think what really gets me about this is that she doesn't say anything herself, she just follows these people - consistently - then attributes it to a 'middle aged moment'.

She's not only a bigot, she's a coward too.
The heated gamer moment for non-gamers!

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Im not good at using twitter, but is she just following them?, we KNOW Rowling made really big series of book that had great emphasys on supporting minorities.

Maybe she just follows them because of a meme, but didnt reallize they were anti-trans, I know I followed a couple of bad instagrams becuase I needed to follow them to see a meme that was sent to me.

Unless she's retweeting those comments or supportintg them in an way, I think people are just overreacting.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

Well, there was the cultural appropriation of Native Americans from a couple year ago.

Her half baked defense of the whole Nagini casting thing, and being totally wrong on the origins of the Naga, which was actually from India.

And she previously had favourited and followed, and then unfollowed a known transphobe from a couple years ago as well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Im not good at using twitter, but is she just following them?, we KNOW Rowling made really big series of book that had great emphasys on supporting minorities.

Maybe she just follows them because of a meme, but didnt reallize they were anti-trans, I know I followed a couple of bad instagrams becuase I needed to follow them to see a meme that was sent to me.
Read the thread. Also HP and Fantastic Beasts and Cursed Child all have nothing to do with supporting trans people.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

I know a follow isn't an endorsement but when it's this many TERFs and that's pretty much all they post about.... seems mighty suspicious 🤔🤔🤔

There are a looooot more tweets if you click on the thread and scroll down

No, a follow IS an endorsement. Fuck Rowling and fuck TERFs (who aren't feminists, you can't exclude an entire class of women and be a feminist).

Expellurum transphobe

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Read the thread. Also HP and Fantastic Beasts and Cursed Child all have nothing to do with supporting trans people.
I did, it starts with "a follow isn't an endorsement", but people are still reading it like that.

And no, its not about trans people, but the whole message of the books its about minorities, and one of the most beloved characters on the series was gay, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I did, it starts with "a follow isn't an endorsement", but people are still reading it like that.

And no, its not about trans people, but the whole message of the books its about minorities, and one of the most beloved characters on the series was gay, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one
You really shouldn't give her the benefit of the doubt since she lost that ages ago. And I doubt you read the entire thread in that time, and if you did and still believe she isn't a TERF idk what to tell you, especially since these accusations have been going on for years now and she hasn't said a peep about her stance on trans rights.

And lmao confirming a character is gay after all the books are done isn't positive representation!

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Uh, you mean she claimed he was gay. After the books. Without having the courage to put it in the books.

This isn't the first time she's shown her bigotry towards trans folx. She's all out of doubt benefits at this point. Fuck her.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One follow isn't an endorsement. But this is like her 5th follow of an anti-trans advocate. And zero follows of trans advocates. How much more obvious can it get? This isn't a one off mistake. This is a consistent pattern from her.

You do realize many anti-trans advocates preach tolerance for gay people and racial minorities right? I am not sure why you think that is somehow cover for her.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

Please don't give her the benefit of the doubt.

She's a transphobic cunt.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017

Dumbledore is gay*
*only on twitter never showed in any canon material
Her last movie killed one of the main non white protagonist and the other one was a sexy lamp for the white boy have someone to talk. JK is terrible with doing actual inclusive work

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It isn't "a follow" it's multiple.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
And lmao confirming a character is gay after all the books are done isn't positive representation!

Every time she speaks about Dumbledore's sexuality or everything in the Fantastic Beasts sequel it gets worse and worse. What's irritating is exploring Dumbledore's relationship would have been interesting and provide much needed diversity in the series.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
One follow isn't an endorsement. But this is like her 5th follow of an anti-trans advocate. And zero follows of trans advocates. How much more obvious can it get? This isn't a one off mistake. This is a consistent pattern from her.

You do realize many anti-trans advocates preach tolerance for gay people and racial minorities right? I am not sure why you think that is somehow cover for her.
Not cover, but hell, the ig message of the book was about respecting minorities. I know transphobic people dont necesarily hate gays (but in my country biggots usually hate both).

But I stand that unless she is supporting these people, or giving messages against tras people this isnt actually supporting them.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Really? Are you new to her TERF beliefs? She has definitely liked anti-trans tweets in the past

People can be anti-trans and pro-gay. It's, sadly, a stance that does exist even within the LGBT community and among its allies.

And her "gay" rep, the one she constantly speaks about but dances around to avoid making it actually canon in textual HP media?

dyelawn91

Jan 16, 2018
JK Rowling is already the billionaire creator of one of the most successful multimedia franchises of all time, it's a bit late to try and cancel her. Not saying she shouldn't be called out for her bigotry, but what does it actually accomplish? I don't know, everything is just shitty.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I hate Rowling with a passion. She says inflammatory shit then cries about the response to the media.

She's been doing that trick for the past 5 years.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
JK Rowling is already the billionaire creator of one of the most successful multimedia franchises of all time, it's a bit late to try and cancel her. Not saying she shouldn't be called out for her bigotry, but what does it actually accomplish? I don't know, everything is just shitty.

It's relevant because she's really vocal politically and has a large following.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Do people really follow accounts they don't agree/sympathize with?
Never really bought the "A follow isn't an endorsement" thing (even worse when it's multiple follows).

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do people really follow accounts they don't agree/sympathize with?
Never really bought the "A follow isn't an endorsement" thing (even worse when it's multiple follows).
i follow some accounts that sometimes post stuff i either disagree with or don't care about because enough of their posts are funny or interesting to me

the thing about terf accounts is there doesn't ever seem to be that variety, they're very single minded

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
she's absolutely a terf. Harry Potter was huge to me in many ways growing up, so its pretty heartbreaking

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's because she's rich and famous that she needs to be called out for this, especially when she does it is this plausibly deniable way that gives fence-sitters and fellow transphobes a means to excuse her.

She's part of a worringly influencial trend towards TERFism within the great and the good in the UK. It's a real problem.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Fucking terfs. Can't she and Glinner just go on a lengthy vacation together. Somewhere without an internet connection.