• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
tumblr_inline_pp6gr4bpP61tdob7t_540.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Not every action has to be taken as if it's some mastermind calculation by a corporation. Sometimes we all forget that the people that run this shit are just people. It's entirely possible we've actually witnessed some humanity here and that's what I choose to believe. We're not talking Facebook here.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every action has to be taken as if it's some mastermind calculation by a corporation. Sometimes we all forget that the people that run this shit are just people. It's entirely possible we've actually witnessed some humanity here and that's what I choose to believe. We're not talking Facebook here.

Vita Coco operates like a Swiss fucking watch. There are no accidents here.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Would be a stupid move, I'd wager more people would boycott them over that move, like myself, than those people that hate piss or want to protect children or some nonsense.
Why? This has actually generated good word of mouth and their company is getting attention today. Seems like a win for Vita Coco.

You might be right. I think actually someone high up in the company might be about to yell "YOURE TALKING ABOUT DRINKING PISS WTF???!!!?!?"

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I saw a really good video about this brand social media marketing
Cant remember who made it though

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I wonder if a third party company handles the social media or someone inside the corporation. Either way, this is the reason I got into marketing lmao.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

It's impossible to label a la twitter image macros or political cartoons but this video is a metaphor.

The flaming car wreck is this coconut water company, and the narrator of the video is myself.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Stop praising this brand's bullshit, for fuck's sake. Coconut water will always taste like shit.. these twitter marketing stunts make me want to block the brands even faster.'

Sites that write stories on this is free advertising for them, ya fuckin knobs.

Sliver

Oct 27, 2017
Oh they're going for that irreverent humor dollar, that's a good dollar. Big big dollar.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, to be honest - If you can talk the talk, you should also be walking the walk (or drinking the drink in this case)!

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They give free entertainment. Sounds like a fair trade?

Fuck no.

Advertisements disguised as not being advertisements is dishonest and disgusting. If you want to be part of shilling for a company go for it but know that this makes you sound like an apologist and part of the problem. Corporations aren't your friend. They are destroying the planet and dismissing what this is is contributing to it.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck no.

Advertisements disguised as not being advertisements is dishonest and disgusting. If you want to be part of shilling for a company go for it but know that this makes you sound like an apologist and part of the problem. Corporations aren't your friend. They are destroying the planet and dismissing what this is is contributing to it.

I mean, this is literally their Twitter account responding to someone who Tweeted at them. It's a funny response. They are doing their job. I don't see anything devious about this at all.

But yeah, I don't retweet anything... Because I don't even use Twitter!

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
And with that tweet Japan's male population just drove the stock of Vita Coco through the roof.