• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Sony was hiring up for a big PlayStation eSports push at their headquarters, so it only makes sense for them to have a few attempts at eSports games internally as well.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
KZ4 in the molds of KZ2, the GOAT. Can even go back to the earlier days of the UCN and ISA, KZ lore is very expansive and interesting, hell have the Helghans as protagonists, they are anyway.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Oh really? How is Playground games managing it then?
Outsourcing or very long dev cycles I imagine, not too sure on their situation.
As for Bend and Sucker Punch, their games are current gen and have been in development for 5+years. Guerilla have explicitly said the point of the expansion was to reduce dev times to 3ish years.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
b5k3r8.gif

Imagine what they could do on PS5...

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Would love to get some type of co-op/multiplayer in Horizon 2. Doesn't have to be in the main campaign (though I'd be fine with that), but a horde/survival mode, hunting mode, etc. would be great.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
The Horizon world easily lends itself to a MP mode, from a Monster Hunter-type game to arena-style combat to raids, without compromising a SP game - in fact it could lead to some awesome story integration and ad hoc co-op play modes.

But yeah, MP fans are right to be excited about this I reckon.

Oct 25, 2017
The Horizon world easily lends itself to a MP mode, from a Monster Hunter-type game to arena-style combat to raids, without compromising a SP game - in fact it could lead to some awesome story integration and ad hoc co-op play modes.

But yeah, MP fans are right to be excited about this I reckon.

Horizon co-op mode could be mazing. As long as it doesn't take anything away from the single player(which is what matters the most) I'm all for it.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
My brother once said that it would be amazing to play during Operation Enduring Freedom during Horizon.

Imagine that. A 4-player co-op game with a side competitive element.

It would be insane.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Why this is a big deal ? People are letting studios for others all the time.
Guerrilla has been hiring a bunch of very high end multiplayer staff, and giving them very senior roles, suggesting they're making a multiplayer game again.

This is reinforced by them asking for multiplayer experience in new job postings.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE make sure Horizon 2 is a single player game first - and whatever multiplayer mode they do decide to tack on, they make sure it's a secondary feature

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Horizon 2 HAS to have multiplayer, I imagine. I bet this will be like Uncharted 2 MP where people didn't want it, but then it turned out really great.
Or it could be a new Killzone (doubt it, considering HZD is their most successful game ever). Or a new IP.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Hey i don't want MP in Horizon.
I want Horizon to still be very solo focused.

let's hop it's for another game.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

Horizon could take a Monster Hunter approach- and in fact, I wouldn't mind that because the setting is ripe for something like that. However, that would require a huge amount of resources and time, and I doubt that's something that Guerilla could make in just a few years.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Guerrilla has been hiring a bunch of very high end multiplayer staff, and giving them very senior roles, suggesting they're making a multiplayer game again.

This is reinforced by them asking for multiplayer experience in new job postings.

Thanks.

Are they back working on Killzone ? That would be disappointing. No offense to Killzone fans, but I think people are expecting more a Horizon sequel.

Oct 25, 2017

I really think it is another game. A FPS. It's a hole in WWS portfolio that they want to fill. That doesn't mean Horizon won't have some type of MP, but seriously doubt they are hiring away Siege staff for what most will probably consider tacked on mode.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Assuming this is for PS5, imma root for a new MP focused IP > then an MP mode for Horizon: Zero Dawn 2 >>>>>>>>>> then anything Killzone related.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Are they back working on Killzone ? That would be disappointing. No offense to Killzone fans, but I think people are expecting more a Horizon sequel.
Their job postings definitely imply they're making Horizon 2.

The question is more so if they're just making multiplayer for Horizon 2, or are developing a standalone multiplayer product in addition to it.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Horizon Battle Royale mode. Compete with 99 other players to hunt the free-roaming machines and craft weapons from their loot drop.

i would totally play it

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
I think a Killzone reboot is in full production development to be ready for next gen launch while Horizon 2 is in pre production by small team. Both PS3 and PS4 had 1st party FPS games at launch so PS5 seems to follow the same

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Siege controls so well, if they can incorporate it in the next Killzone game we might be in for a treat.