• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
What do you want to see from these new game projects inside of the Minecraft universe? What kind of game fits best using the Minecraft IP?

From this article:
Sure, these concepts are probably just that: concepts, but they're fun enough to spark the imagination. One thing I know for sure: There is more Minecraft coming. I know from trusted sources that Mojang has at least two all-new projects that aren't Minecraft or Minecraft Dungeons, although I have no idea exactly what those games might look like. Perhaps we'll discover that all of those pixel-style art posts were in fact teases for full-blown projects ... or maybe not. One can hope, though.

Combine this with Mojang's new logo reveal video below and we've got some smoke. Pause the video at 42 seconds to see this:
vM8XjiG.png

www.youtube.com

Mojang Studios: New Name, Logo, and Trailer!

In celebration of Minecraft’s 11th birthday, we’re unveiling a refreshed name, a new logo and this very trailer! Meet the mysterious little gizmos known as t...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Have they heard anything about Series consoles getting an optimized version (i've long given up un RTX support) ☹️🙏?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame. Minecraft is awesome but I can do without the look. I'll put up with it for Minecraft about that's about it. Dungeons always looked fun but I just can't get into it cause of that aesthetic.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I'll just take a moment here to speak turn based monster collecting Minecraft RPG into existence again real quick.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Was really surprised how much I enjoyed minecraft dungeons despite me never playing minecraft proper. Put out a good game and I'll play it.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Hoping Xbox starts leveraging the Minecraft IP more and makes these spinoffs exclusive, would do more for the exclusive kids games they want. But i doubt it, theyll probably be multiplat

OP
OP
UraMallas

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Hoping Xbox starts leveraging the Minecraft IP more and makes these spinoffs exclusive, would do more for the exclusive kids games they want. But i doubt it, theyll probably be multiplat
Yeah, I think Minecraft is actually the ONE franchise they have that they just won't make exclusive because it truly is too big.

It's basically LEGO for a whole generation of people.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Minecraft: simulator
It's just a collection of other simulators, like farming, lawn mowing, house flipping, pressure washer, American trucking, train, etc. but in minecraft.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
So I'm curious. We all know Mojang is the Minecraft studio. Like 343i is Halo, Turn 10 is Forza, etc.. Is there any fear that they might get burn out from focusing so heavy on Minecraft or is MS letting Mojang explore other games? I haven't really kept up with news about them but it got me thinking since MS has been seen as guilty of doing this to studios.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
So I'm curious. We all know Mojang is the Minecraft studio. Like 343i is Halo, Turn 10 is Forza, etc.. Is there any fear that they might get burn out from focusing so heavy on Minecraft or is MS letting Mojang explore other games? I haven't really kept up with news about them but it got me thinking since MS has been seen as guilty of doing this to studios.
I mean I just have to say, if you're working at 343i, or Mojang, or Turn 10, you have to know what you're in for right? It's not like it's a surprise when you're working on a specific franchise. And even then, we're seeing Playground work on a Fable reboot after doing only Forza Horizon games, and there's rumors of The Coalition working on a new IP despite being created as Gears development studio, so the precedent is there for things to change.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Played MC Dungeons this afternoon with the kids... we would all love more MC games!

The classic MC has been played here almost every week for the last 5 years.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Lol... it is pretty clear these guys want to work on MC forever.

BTW they have made other games (Cobalt for example) so I am sure they can do whatever they want.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
What do you want to see from these new game projects inside of the Minecraft universe? What kind of game fits best using the Minecraft IP?

From this article:

Combine this with Mojang's new logo reveal video below and we've got some smoke. Pause the video at 42 seconds to see this:
vM8XjiG.png

www.youtube.com

Mojang Studios: New Name, Logo, and Trailer!

In celebration of Minecraft’s 11th birthday, we’re unveiling a refreshed name, a new logo and this very trailer! Meet the mysterious little gizmos known as t...

I hope one of them is an rpg based on the minecraft Netflix show. My kids loved that and I'd love to play something with them with more concrete storyline's

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Give me a Minecraft Kart Racer, a Nuts and Bolts style kart-builder, and Fusion Frenzy/Ape Escape style party game.