• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lashman

Oct 25, 2017
BUY IT!!!

Two Point Hospital - hotfix v1.02!
Hi Scrubs,

We're 6 days into Two Point Hospital being out in the world and we find ourselves constantly blown away by your love and support for what we're doing. So THANK YOU so much, from all of us here at the Studio.

Not ones to rest on our laurels, we've been hard at work improving the game and we're ready to release a hotfix for a few issues that have cropped up in the last couple of days. We'll be adding it to a beta branch first before migrating it over to the default branch.

If you'd like to test out the new hotfix, you can download it by following these steps:

1. Right-click Two Point Hospital in your game library and select Properties.
2. Select the BETAS tab.
3. Choose twopointhospital_patch_beta from the drop-down menu.
4. The build will start downloading.

You can expect this hotfix to solve the following:

Crashes

• Fixed crash on boot, caused by machines reporting that they don't support 720p
• Fixed crash on boot caused by invalid timezone
• Added logging to help track down further crashes

Saves

• Fixed majority of load fails (These were mostly caused by guest trainer or room building. The issue was most commonly seen in Mitten University)
• Fixed various cases of bad data getting in to save files
• Fall backs for characters that were saved in a bad state so that they can pick up what they were doing

AI

• Fixed some issues to do with characters getting the nav fail icon over their head for seemingly no reason
• Fixed characters sometimes switching between behaviors too often
• Fixed doctors behaving weirdly when being interrupted in operating theater
• Fixed characters sometimes teleporting out of rooms
• Fixed VIPs that slide around after loading a save
• Fixed Recurvery machine upgrade causing invalid interaction points, which could cause the room to become broken

Other

• Fixed item placement breaking when you have a clock over a fire extinguisher
• Fixed a occasional problem caused by items being moved to a blueprint
• Fixed localisation error in Settings screen (for German, Chinese and Polish)
• Replaced Denuvo anti-tamper with Steam DRM

If you have any problems with this hotfix, do let us know in the replies below. We are experiencing a high level of communication in general, but rest assured that we have eyes on the Steam forums and we're here for you guys!

Thanks

it's also a GREAT game, so ... you know ... but mostly - FUCK DENUVO

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
Seriously guys, if you liked Theme Hospital or 90's sim games in general, get this, it's awesome.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering how it got cracked prior to release, I hope Sega got their money back.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that's really cool! Great to see pubs/devs get the message about Denuvo, even if it's after launch.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Wow good for them. Makes you wonder if having Denuvo in the first place was a publisher stipulation rather than anything the devs wanted.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Between this and Shenmue 1+2 not having denuvo, would one be optimistic to think this may be a sign of change in Sega's attitude?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if companies have deals with Denuvo where if their game is cracked before release they must pay some kind of fine?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Between this and Shenmue 1+2 not having denuvo, would one be optimistic to think this may be a sign of change in Sega's attitude?

Well, in this case the game launched with Denuvo, and the only reason it's being removed is that a reviewer and a piracy group buddied up to crack the game before release. That Shenmue 1+2 launched without Denuvo is just an outlier at this stage.

Last edited:

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
• Replaced Denuvo anti-tamper with Steam DRM

Interesting word to use there, "replaced". But good that they got rid of Denuvo.

Hey SEGA, how about doing the same for some of the other titles published by you?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Might be a good time to remind anyone on the fence that the launch discount is ending in less than 24hrs.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I've been on the fence on getting this game since it came out. Really been weighing the pros and cons of it and it came out even. This pushed to towards "Buy it."

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
That's good. I mean it got cracked anyway so at this point it was just punishing paying customers.

Nov 5, 2017
Well actually, given that it's code that does absolutely nothing for the user, prevents some uses of the software, and might eventually prevent it from working altogether, I don't see how Derrick's description is all that inaccurate.
Maybe I take it too literal, but the mal in malware stands for malicious, as far as I know. We all can say a lot of negative things about Denuvo, but I don't think it executes malicious code on the user end. Sony's rootkit, or Securom, those were actual malware.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. They will get my support as soon as I can.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I take it too literal, but the mal in malware stands for malicious, as far as I know. We all can say a lot of negative things about Denuvo, but I don't think it executes malicious code on the user end. Sony's rootkit, or Securom, those were actual malware.
Publishers having the power to cripple the playability of your single player games because they don't want to pay for online activation servers is not malicious to you?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's good news, i'll get rid of the drm circumvention i put right after purchase and be back to the original distribution tonight.
It is the sequel to Theme Hospital, there's no two ways about it, if you liked the old one, get it.
It's fun and funny, with great love for details given to the animation.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I think it could be a combination of that plus the fact that AFAIK it had good sales, so if the game was already cracked and still sold great there was no reason to keep denuvo, since now more people will buy it

It's probably just the first, since once it cracked, sales are what they are, and keeping Denuvo in it does nothing for the sales.

But still, you would want devs to remove it from games that does sell very well.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm surprised there was no OT for this game...only a pre-release thread and this one. Is this because PC exclusives generally do not get too much attention on ERA ? It certainly deserves one imo

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good. And as a man of my word, I will be buying it as soon as I have free time to play it. They did what I wanted them to do, and I will play my part.