• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I've never spent much time on these games, but I want to express my appreciation of the thread subtitle.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Renting Theme Hospital for PS1 with my brother and playing it all night is still one of my fondest memories of that late 90s era. Can't wait to get into this, but unfortunately can't stay up to play for very long since it unlocks at 2 AM for me. Odd how they somehow went with a midnight "Mountain Standard Time" choice?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The video I watched earlier of the tutorial, certainly seemed like a fine rendition of the original all updated. Which looked great. Not sure I can run the game and won't have time to play it any time soon but when it goes cheap and if it turns out good, I'll consider it down the line.

Wonder if they'll do a console port eventually.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
The thread title....Respect.

I've got a key from Fanatical waiting to redeem on Steam, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow night. Very much looking forward to it though, looks charming and fun!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
The thread title....Respect.

I've got a key from Fanatical waiting to redeem on Steam, but I won't be able to play until tomorrow night. Very much looking forward to it though, looks charming and fun!
You should be able to redeem that and preload already (although it's a tiny download). I redeemed my key from Fanatical earlier in the week.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to redeem that and preload already (although it's a tiny download). I redeemed my key from Fanatical earlier in the week.

Ah, thank you! I tried when I preordered a couple of weeks ago but it said I was too early, haven't tried since. Getting that preloaded will save precious minutes tomorrow after work...

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Yeah this is crazy, it's been cracked really fast. Something must have been wrong with the way the implemented Denuvo.
From what I've heard unity engine games don't have denuvo in the exe but in a dll. And you can copy the dll from an already cracked denuvo unity engine game to others.

Chowchilla

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hyped. Can't wait. Got a keyboard and mouse for my Nvidia shield so i can play on the big screen.

Also, order from voidu.com with the code SUMMER18 to get it at £15.68

Last edited:

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
Game is so slow. You see on so many previews lets plays when player just stares on the screen and wait for training to end. There is no very fast speed option.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this and hoping for the best. Sadly can't pick it up for a while as I go through the many games released last month and my backlog.

Oct 29, 2017
Bought it yesterday, can't wait for tomorrow! I was hoping I could run it at 4k with my gtx 1070 but with the minimum requirements wanting a 1060 that's probably not happening lol.

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
Bollocks, I thought this was unlocking at midnight. I've waited about 20 years for this game though so another few hours won't hurt.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Game is so slow. You see on so many previews lets plays when player just stares on the screen and wait for training to end. There is no very fast speed option.

Well at least you can speed up, there is an option for that, besides normal speed, not super fast, but fast enough

Oct 29, 2017
I'm ok with waiting for more money, research, etc. I actually prefer it to the increasingly common "build build build forever and you never worry about failing" tycoon/sim games as of late.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting for reviews. I've watched a developer stream some time ago and it looked like you are getting constrained by the building size rather quick. But I could be wrong.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.pcgamesn.com/two-point-hospital/two-point-hospital-review
7/10

https://www.windowscentral.com/two-point-hospital-pc-review
Two Point Hospital is the sequel fans of Theme Hospital have wanted for 2018. It brings the health tycoon game up-to-date with better graphics, enhanced gameplay, and new features. If you're into your sim games — and there are more of them now then ever before — you'll want to check out Two Point Hospital.

https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/gaming/pc/two-point-hospital-review/1/
Excellent Reward
Aside from these niggles, the worst you can say about Two Point Hospital is that it's offering largely the same cure for a chronic case of spare time that Theme Hospital did 20 years ago, just with a shinier package and differently shaped pills. But that doesn't make the treatment any less effective, and the work Two Point has done in modernising and iterating on that original premise pays off dividends. I never thought I'd say this, but it feels great to be back in hospital.

https://www.dualshockers.com/two-point-hospital-review-pc/
9/10

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Is there an apathetic receptionist voice in this one? That was one of my favourite parts of Theme Hospital.

"Nurse needed in the pharmaceeeeee"

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that if you want the Golden Loo you'll have to sign up for the free "Hospital Pass" on the official website: https://www.twopointhospital.com/ Once you've linked your Steam account, you'll get "The Golden Toilet" DLC added to your account.

Having fun playing the game so far, though playing on a laptop complicates camera controls somewhat. There seems to be rudimentary controller support, but it doesn't seem like you can remap controller buttons.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that if you want the Golden Loo you'll have to sign up for the free "Hospital Pass" on the official website: https://www.twopointhospital.com/ Once you've linked your Steam account, you'll get "The Golden Toilet" DLC added to your account.

Having fun playing the game so far, though playing on a laptop complicates camera controls somewhat. There seems to be rudimentary controller support, but it doesn't seem like you can remap controller buttons.

I'm afraid to ask, but what is the DLC ? A golden toilet or something more?

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the tutorial hospital is the exact same shape as one from Them Hospital, cool detail

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
Reviews sound good. Didnt know the founders are Bullfrog/Lionhead veterans. Glad to see more simulation games on PC.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

To add to this, if you registered prior to the release of the game, you'll need to log in again to receive the DLC. Alternatively, anybody can get their hands on it by typing steam://install/898770 into their browser.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Eurogamer - Recommended
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-retread-that-manages-to-improve-on-a-classic
Strange and sometimes spurious as they might seem, these staff demands are symptomatic (ha!) of the newfound focus that's on display in Two Point Hospital. It's a more goal-oriented experience that nonetheless stays true to the spirit of its sort-of predecessor. Those completely new to the experience will find a varied and humorous hospital simulator. Anyone jumping in with fond memories of Theme Hospital, meanwhile, will find a modernised successor with just enough to make it feel new again.

TheSHEEEP

Banned
Aug 30, 2018
I can only see a few reviews on Steam, as most seem to be in Chinese - and my Mandarin isn't exactly usable yet for anything more complex than a children's book.
Funny to see how different kinds of games can do very well (or terribly bad) in different parts of the planet.

Nov 21, 2017
Theme Hospital for PS1 was one of my favorite games as a kid. I played it for a long time, too. I owe it to the nostalgic kid within me to buy this game, especially as it is getting great reviews.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo happy this is turning out good. We need more light hearted time wasters like this and Theme Hospital. Lets hope they take a shot at Theme Park or even a Dungeon Keeper style game in future