• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Looking forward to playing this in a few hours after work, they seem to recreated what was special about Theme Hospital. It's seems the perfect blend of management and creativity which other games seem lacking. I as a Brit the humour is right up my street, which I can see being a bit off putting for other people.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
So... am I being dense or is there no way to have more than one door per room? Other than that, I really like the look of this game, having a great time with it.
-edit-
Also, fantastic name for the OT.

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Only played 30 minutes so far but it feels like like a modern Theme Hospital which is exactly what I was after.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised the game came out on my birthday. Hope I have time to play and at the same time not neglect my responsibilities. Not usual that I buy games day one but this game deserves the support as I loved Theme Hospital.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this in a few hours after work, they seem to recreated what was special about Theme Hospital. It's seems the perfect blend of management and creativity which other games seem lacking. I as a Brit the humour is right up my street, which I can see being a bit off putting for other people.

I think the humor helps de-stress an otherwise heavy subject - a lot of real illnesses can bring up traumatic memories for some people. It's a great way to defuse a sensitive topic.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I think the humor helps de-stress an otherwise heavy subject - a lot of real illnesses can bring up traumatic memories for some people. It's a great way to defuse a sensitive topic.

Absolutely spot on, I just think more games need quirky humour. Which modern games lack, but I supposed that down to where a game is developed.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
That Worthabuy review is gleaming crikey. I was worried about endgame but like the idea of returning to the other hospitals. That it was really simple was my only concern but given the humour factor and the clear love that's gone into it, I'm happy to just let it entertain me. Buying as soon as my Scum refund comes through...

E:
Anyone has tried it? I was expecting a more positive steam reviews count. Is it for denuvo?
I've read the reviews too. I'm sure the vast majority of those negative reviews are Denuvo and the continued bitching about the price, disguised as bug fests and simplistic gameplay concerns.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
nice OT title, alternative UK-centric title:

|OT| At least the Tories can't touch this

:P

Going to play it now, yay :D

WesWes

Apr 25, 2018
Managed to sneak in an hour before work, now it's all I'm thinking about. Glad to see the early reviews are very favourable!

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Steam reviews are hit and miss TBH, I never take much stock in then. Gamers are fickle bunch the best of time especially pc gamers. I have pretty laid back attitude for PC Gamer when it comes to settings and bugs. I have never had any major problems the last 10 years (but I have a very little running on the backgrounds or rarely use mods).

God help modern gamers having to use boot disks to get games to run without the internet or waiting months to get patches on magazine cover disks.

TheSHEEEP

Banned
Aug 30, 2018
I've read that the game does not have a sandbox mode. Only the campaign which some say is very easy and short.
That's... disappointing, to say the least.

Oct 25, 2017
I've read that the game does not have a sandbox mode. Only the campaign which some say is very easy and short.
That's... disappointing, to say the least.
True but even Frostpunk doesn't have a sandbox mode but will receive one in the future. If the sales are good and the post-launch support is good too, I think there's a chance to see a sandbox mode if people really want it

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the second hospital but staying on the first for an extra bit. I also just used my Ks to unlock the Telephone. The description made me laugh:

"All calls will be recorded for our amusement"

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Question about something like the pharmacy. Can you only have one of the uhh...units? Per room? I guess it doesn't matter all too much if I can just make the same room next to it. But still lol.

I tried it once, but it was still one patient at a time, which I guess sort of makes sense

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who literally works in healthcare construction, I think I have to buy this.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 hours later, yep this is fantastic. It has an amazing amount of depth for a 30 dollar game which was my only real concern.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored in university hospital stage. I played on max speed and still had to sit and wait for training to finish. As I said game is too slow.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is fantastic, and I especially love the ridiculous radio DJs that spout nonsense. Music is fantastic as well. Best of all though, you can lift up entire rooms and move them around, change their size etc, so you can always change up your layout as needed.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Seems people are negative on the game due to:

Devuno
Too simple - they want to diagnose patients
No sandbox
Too expensive for what the game offers

I know people hate devuno but I didn't know so many people outrightly don't buy games with it.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Looks good! The art style and humor look great for Theme Hospital. I added this on my wishlist. Will definitely get it at some point, especially to support a Theme Hospital remake!

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Just got 3 stars on my first hospital. I am still pretty rusty and there are many options I haven't tried out yet, probably due to the first hospital is served to be a tutorial level.

Going to start building the second hospital tomorrow.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Finished the first hospital with three starts and so far so good. Game's pretty much Theme Hospital 2, played for an hour and time flew by.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Seems people are negative on the game due to:

Devuno
Too simple - they want to diagnose patients
No sandbox
Too expensive for what the game offers

I know people hate devuno but I didn't know so many people outrightly don't buy games with it.

It becomes even more of a thing when the game is up for preorder for a long time without any Denuvo warning, and then gets that warning added less then a day before release.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Completed the first hospital and now at my second. I feel that the pacing so far seems off. There seem to be more illnesses this time but less memorable? Also the receptionist disappeared twice. I thought they would just stay at the desk permanently.

The controls and everything else is basically a clone of how Theme Hospital is so it's easy to pick up.

Merino

Oct 26, 2017
From what I have seen and read so far I worry that its going to be more of a remaster then a proper sequel.

They seem to have updated alot of the basics (construction tools, graphics, UI) but I don't see that much improvement in similation/gameplay.

I've read that some later levels provide more customized challenges but out of 15 levels it seems most will be standard theme hospital fair. Also don't see much improvement in how you can diagnose and treat diseases. Other than hiring or training better doctor what can you really do to have better cure rate? And is there really a use to all the various food/drink/boredome items? Will it really matter that much on simulation side?

So many questions still to know if this is a nice updated nostalgia trip or a real modern execution of the genre.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I wont be getting this because of this reason, but has there been any word as to a sandbox mode being added in later on?

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
From what I have seen and read so far I worry that its going to be more of a remaster then a proper sequel.

They seem to have updated alot of the basics (construction tools, graphics, UI) but I don't see that much improvement in similation/gameplay.

I've read that some later levels provide more customized challenges but out of 15 levels it seems most will be standard theme hospital fair. Also don't see much improvement in how you can diagnose and treat diseases. Other than hiring or training better doctor what can you really do to have better cure rate? And is there really a use to all the various food/drink/boredome items? Will it really matter that much on simulation side?

So many questions still to know if this is a nice updated nostalgia trip or a real modern execution of the genre.

Yes, it is mostly a more polished and modern version of Theme Hospital. But there are quite some additions to the simulation.

People get bored, hungry and thirsty in your hospital and yes you absolutely need to place those items for people to be "happy" in your hospital.
Patients get unhappy when they are hungry, bored or thirsty so they can somewhat wait leave early and be pissed off if you don't care.

The skill of a doctor is now more complex than it was in Theme Hospital. They have traits that can be trained. If I remember correctly the old TH just gave you a qualification for a doctor like "psychiatrist", but now you can improve the stats of psychiatric diagnoses. Treatment is also trainable. Additionally you can upgrade the machines of your rooms.

There are some QoL features and more fleshed out systems than in the original, but it is just adding the cherry to the cake. It doesn't change the whole formula.