• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Two Point Studios
📀 Publisher: Sega
🎮 Platforms: PC (official site, Humble Store, Steam, various other digital stores); PlayStation 4 (retail, PSN); Switch (retail, eShop); Xbox One (retail, XBL)
🏷️ Price: $34.99/€34.99/£24.99 or your regional equivalent*
📅 Release date: August 30th, 2018 (PC); February 25th, 2020 (all other platforms)

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
BUILD.jpg

Design and build your own hospital!
Build up a hospital from nothing to a masterpiece as you design the most beautiful – or functional – healthcare operation in the whole of Two Point County.

Optimise your hospital design to increase patient (and cash) flow, arranging corridors, rooms and waiting areas to your exact specifications. Expand your hospital to multiple buildings as you look to get as many patients through the door as possible.

Place decorative and functional items around your hospital to improve its prestige, lower patient boredom, increase happiness and keep those end of year awards flowing in.

CURE_RECURVERY.jpg

Cure unusual illnesses
Don't expect Two Point County to be populated with your usual types of patients. In this world, you'll experience all kinds of unusual illnesses; from Light-headedness to Cubism – each requiring their very own special type of treatment machine.

Diagnose illnesses, build the right rooms to handle them, hire the right staff, and then get ready, because curing just one of these illnesses is just the beginning. You can handle a single patient – but can you handle a Pandemic?

Once you've conquered an illness, research improved cures and machines and turn your hospital into an unstoppable healthcare juggernaut.

IMPROVE_MONTAGE.jpg

Improve and expand your hospital horizons!
Your first hospital is where it begins, but what next?

Once you've cured the residents of a small harbour village, can you take on a bigger challenge in a busier hospital?

Improve your facilities, upgrade machines, staff and layouts to make more money, more quickly.

Train and improve your staff, levelling them up with new skills and abilities to make your hospital even more efficient.

Make use of the extensive statistic and information screens to analyse your strengths and weaknesses, and make rapid alterations. Adjust the price of your treatments, keep an eye on your turnover, take out loans and optimise your earnings.

You'll be managing staff with unique personality types and traits, so you'll need to keep an eye on who's being efficient – and who is just a pain in the neck. Balance your workforce with your ambitions as you strive to make profit (and hopefully save some people along the way).

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Announcement
Developer Vision
Building a Game with Personality!
In a Nutshell
The Trials of Trevor
Build, Cure, Improve! (launch trailer)
Announcement (consoles)
Release Date (consoles)
Lauch (consoles)

✍️ Reviews:
Metacritic - PC (83)
Metacritic - PlayStation 4 (82)
Metacritic - Switch (85)
Metacritic - Xbox One (84)
OpenCritic (84)

Last edited:

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
"Single-player healthcare" Ohhh...I see what you did there! Game looks really good. Look like it has some depth and complexity behind it.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
This looks so good, love the personality of it.
Will wait a bit on longer-term impressions but I do want to play this.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
I hope game is good. I'm afraid that there are too little content and game will suffer the same fate as Frostpunk.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the money part matters more than in theme hospital but I doubt it. Also too bad they didn't seem to want to expand on the multiplayer/cpu hospitals competition (maybe in story mode?) because it was barely developped in TH but had the potential to be cool.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for reviews - but will get if solid :) got to get that 10% discount! Would love these devs to be like a new Bullfrog :)

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting for reviews before biting. I liked Theme Hospital but I'm not sure if Two Point can hit the same notes as well as Bullfrog.

Plus I have a lot of games to play recently lol.

Nov 16, 2017
The beauty of Theme Hospital was it's simplicity. As a kid I could pick it up and progress and find it really enjoyable. I just hope this is as accessible.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent OT.

If anyone's like me and looking for gameplay fooage, there's some YouTuber impressions out there:

I think they're both sponsored so take them with a grain of salt, though.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Well, I can say it's very easy to understand and get into, so no worries there. The first Hospital is like a tutorial, where you learn the basics step by step and can only build a very limited amount of rooms. Which each new Hospital you gain access to new rooms and have more stuff to think about (heating, staff training, etc.) In the first couple of hours it's basically a Remake of Theme Hospital.

Performance, well it's not really a demanding game, you can unlock FPS or limit them, I basically got around 160+ FPS with unlock und all options maxed on WQHD with an older i5 and GTX 1070. Final build seems stable and runs fine, preview builds had some issues, but that's why those were preview builds ^^

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this game but I wish it had more customization and decoration options. All hospitals look the same.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm excited for this game but I wish it had more customization and decoration options. All hospitals look the same.

You unlock new stuff from time to time, but I agree that some more options would be nice. For example: You basically have a green bench and can unlock a silver and purple one. A lot of pictures, a clock, new vending machines, different reception desk/styles, carpet (one), arcade machine from Sega and some more stuff. Each room has some specials, so it's ok, but yeah it would be nice to have some more options.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I think I read in a previous thread that reviews hit the same time that the game is released. I guess that is why they extended the pre-order discount until a few days after the release date.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You unlock new stuff from time to time, but I agree that some more options would be nice. For example: You basically have a green bench and can unlock a silver and purple one. A lot of pictures, a clock, new vending machines, different reception desk/styles, carpet (one), arcade machine from Sega and some more stuff. Each room has some specials, so it's ok, but yeah it would be nice to have some more options.

Yeah but I wish I could customize wall paint, carpets, floor tiles,...etc. and even place a table and put stuff on it individually. The hospitals in this game don't feel personal, you know. Still better than the customization options in Jurassic World Evolution though.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but I wish I could customize wall paint, carpets, floor tiles,...etc. and even place a table and put stuff on it individually. The hospitals in this game don't feel personal, you know. Still better than the customization options in Jurassic World Evolution though.

Totally agree, would be great to change these things. You basically build the same looking stuff again and again in each new part of the city or virtual world.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DQXI is days away but this will serve nicely as an in between game. As a fan of Theme Hospital this looks so good.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Looking forward to playing it tomorrow, I just hope it has a good balance between management and creativity which other games have lacked recently.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
So the embargo lifts after the official release? :-/

Seems so (a little bit), though they might push it ahead to the exact release time (didn't receive any update so far). I still think you can get a proper impression already through the dev streams on their YT channel, they are showing of a lot of gameplay and late gameplay stuff as well.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Hahaha, perfect thread title.

I support Singleplayer and Single Payer.

A few weeks ago I picked up Theme Hospital on GoG and its pretty fun and hilarious, so I'm definitely looking forward to Two Point Hospital (I.E. Theme Hospital 2). The graphical/visual style of the people reminds me of Wallace and Gromit.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The store page has been updated with information that the game comes with Denuvo DRM now.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i'm really upset at the Denuvo addition, i should have paid more attention that SEGA was the publisher :/

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Game has already been cracked before the official launch tommorow.

Good job denuvo and sega, always shitting on legit customers.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is crazy, it's been cracked really fast. Something must have been wrong with the way the implemented Denuvo.