• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Common things I've LOVED about the Prime and Souls trilogies are the exploration, environments and enemies.

Can't go wrong with these games, but explain which series would come out on top for you!

Have fun :D

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not even remotely similar. bioshock triology vs. metroid prime triology would be a more apt comparison.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Prime series.

It overcame so much negativity and turned into something truly unique.

Many games try to be like Dark Souls these days, but there are very few games that give me the feeling of the Primes.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tcd8JTR.gif

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prime series.

It overcame so much negativity and turned into something truly unique.

Many games try to be like Dark Souls these days, but there are very few games that give me the feeling of the Primes.

To be fair Demons Souls had its own hurdles. There are stories of PR trying to divert people from it at E3 because they were so afraid of it being so hard it would get bad press for Sony

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will ever top Metroid Prime 1. In fact they really let me down with the next two even though they were good. I just really think the first Metroid Prime is one of those special moments in gaming that will never be repeated. It's like Super Mario Bros 1 level to me

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair Demons Souls had its own hurdles. There are stories of PR trying to divert people from it at E3 because they were so afraid of it being so hard it would get bad press for Sony
Quite true...

... but we're talking about Dark Souls trilogy, not the Souls series as a whole. Dark Souls had the benefit of coasting off the surprise hit that was Demon's Souls.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on whether you prefer the more hostile atmosphere and challenge of Dark Souls, or whether you prefer the many more ways to navigate the more colourful worlds of Metroid Prime. In the end the strengths aren't very comparable.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We're not doing versus threads like this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.