• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I've done complete playthroughs with both. I played Kassandra first and then Alexios.

I went Kassandra based on what ERA and the rest of the internet told me to do. And she was great.

I went in with Alexios expecting it to be total garbage and surprise.. he wasn't. He was just fine. I think do prefer Kassandra but not by much and if I was stuck only with Alexios I'd be perfectly ok with that also.

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus, did that take 800 hours? xD

Hah, probably more like 200 hours. Second playthrough went a lot faster and I skipped most of the dialogue since I had already done it. Don't know why I got so obsessed with this game but for some reason I absolutely love it. It's the only thing I've played the entire month of november and December. I've kept Red Dead 2 sitting on the shelf because of this game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Hah, probably more like 200 hours. Second playthrough went a lot faster and I skipped most of the dialogue since I had already done it. Don't know why I got so obsessed with this game but for some reason I absolutely love it. It's the only thing I've played the entire month of november and December. I've kept Red Dead 2 sitting on the shelf because of this game.

The game isn't necessarily great but it has an addictive gameplay/positive reinforcement loop that makes it incredibly easy to play for hours at a time. It's the closest thing I've seen to a singleplayer MMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play the game but I got a question : Why are people saying "Kassandra is more fun/the better character" ?
Doesn't both Alexios and Kassandra have the exact same story/dialogue/personnality ? I remember Ubisoft saying that they're the same character basically.
They are different takes on the same character. You are right on them having similiar dialogue and personality but the delivery of Kassandra's acting is much superior. Compared to her Alexios is more "serious". There is different appeal to both of them so it just comes to taste.

Take God of War for example, Kratos is serious and that doesn't mean he isn't funny because his reactions being serious to absurd moments is the joke. Imagine if they let you choose female Kratos and her character was a more playful character due to her voice. That's Kassandra in this game.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how some people in this thread act like gamers playing as Alexios are missing out on the best feature of the game. It's an aesthetic change for most part, even the "romances" don't change based on who you're playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I am kind of weird in that if there is character customization I *always* play as females (Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age, etc etc) but if the choice between the male and female characters is a set character, I tend to favor male characters.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, based on all the reactions I assumed there was a different storyline and dislogue for Kassandra :/ so many "played the game wrong" comments just for a different VO? Wish I was more surprised...

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, based on all the reactions I assumed there was a different storyline and dislogue for Kassandra :/ so many "played the game wrong" comments just for a different VO? Wish I was more surprised...

Both options are there, people should be able to play whatever the hell they like without taking flak for it. There are posts in this thread that are so bizarre I wondered if they were parody.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the only difference between the two is VO?
Yep that and facial animations. The quests are the same, the choices are the same, the cut-scenes are the same, the dialogues are the same, the romances are the same, the armors you wear are the same, everything about character development is the same.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK

Have look at this video. Do you think Alexios says that line, and like that? No hating on Alexios or players who choose to play him from me, but who's the superior AC Odyssey character. I can't see how it's not Kassandra.

As an aside, I've liked most AC games, but this is the first one I've loved. It's fucking epic!

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Have look at this video. Do you think Alexios says that line, and like that? No hating on Alexios or players who choose to play him from me, but who's the superior AC Odyssey character. I can't see how it's not Kassandra.

As an aside, I've liked most AC games, but this is the first one I've loved. It's fucking epic!

Oh wow, they changed one line, and they were so creative making it different from Alexios's one:
ttW26BC.jpg

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Not surprised at those figures. Despite being a male, I generally play as the female option if given the choice.

I suspect it's probably because most male proganists in the games that give you the choice are usually the archetypical model; strong, stoic, very dry etc. Whereas the female characters usually have more colour and sass (for want of a much better word!) to their character and there's also something more satisfying taking down (male) enemies that, in real life, society expects to be the stronger of the two.

Oct 27, 2017
I still have to go through Unity, Syndicate and Origins to get to Odyssey... but I'm playing as Kassandra for sure. Alexios seems so bland.

Besides, I almost always choose the female option when given the chance.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yeah. Do was overdoing it big time, but maybe that is just the antagonist role, and not the actor.

Ouffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That seems like a pretty big spoiler, goddamn :(

And to think that this is a safe topic to read to see people's opinions considering that I am about to buy the game on PSN sale right now and I can't quite decide which the one to start with....................................

Ah well......... guess this is just bad luck for me.....................