• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
aILv0VL.gif

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Text: http://ou.edu/web/news_events/articles/news_2019/letter-from-the-president
Dear OU Community,

We are saddened and offended that even on the eve of such an important holiday for our nation we are reminded how far we have yet to come in the conversation about treating everyone with respect and dignity. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education." Diversity and inclusivity are and will continue to be the hallmarks of our great university. We are committed to our mission of inclusive excellence, mutual respect and civil dialogue.

We expect all of our students, staff and faculty to respect the diversity and cultural backgrounds of others. These differences should not divide us but should strengthen our community and enrich our environment and the OU family. The diversity of our university is paramount and it is our mission to build a community where everyone's identity is respected and valued.

We were made aware of an inappropriate and derogatory video circulating on social media of two OU students. The University of Oklahoma abhors such conduct and condemns the students' actions and behavior in the strongest terms possible. While students have the freedom of expression, the negative impact of such conduct cannot be underestimated. The students have offered to apologize in order to reflect their regret.

Together let's each take the personal responsibility to create a welcoming and inclusive community.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I knew before clicking it was some white girls. White boys be racist too but I feel like white woman just use face mask and snapchat more.

OP
OP
ameleco

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
So they "condemn it in the strongest possible terms" but are not going to toss the student out of school because the students are "Sorry" they dressed in black face and called themselves the N-word.
Are you fucking KIDDING me?
This is just the first acknowledgment. I still have hope they will be expelled.
Edit: Shit I hope so anyway :/ This is as bad as the SAE shit.

Also, one thing that is different. OU did change presidents recently. I guess the new guy, Gallogly, could be a racist piece of shit :/

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"The students have offered to apologize"

ok, who are their parents and what boards are they on

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Constructive criticism for these girls

1. Don't put on blackface
2. Don't say the N Word
3. Don't be racist

I know its a lot of steps to follow and it is a long difficult process and asking a lot from them. But I believe they can recover in 2 to 5 years.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a weak ass response from the school. Can't wait for the girls' apology.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't just say I am a nigger. I'm pretty sure they said "I am a Niggeroo" Like a kangaroo because she had it on her hands too. That's even worse -_-. Also that letter looks like some bullshit. We'll see what actually comes from it. Great start to 2019.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I learned what minstrelry was and that a bunch of the songs that I used to hear Bugs Bunny sing were blackface songs. Then I learned that blackface wasn't all that dead and people still keep doing it for some reason. Now I'm half expecting someone to tell me that it's still the most popular genre of theatre in the mainstream and I just didn't know.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expel them and get students that stand for what the schools means, if they don't the school is fine with racism

OP
OP
ameleco

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I found the Black Student Association's response to this whole mess. I hope they get what they want especially zero tolerance added to the student code of conduct (why the fuck is it not already there???)

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are not girls or boys, these are grown ass adults and should be viewed as such.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from the obvious discussions about racism, I can't help but wonder about Gen Z's failure to grasp how permanent the Internet is despite having it available to them their entire lives. These moronic young women are about to get a tough lesson on that topic for the next 40-50 years as a search for their names will always return results of this trashy, racist bullshit.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
"The students have offered to apologize in order to reflect their regret. "

Get the fuck out of here with that. Boren expelled those grown ass adults in 2015 when it happened but new pres won't do shit. Expulsion should be minimum sentence.

OP
OP
ameleco

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Aside from the obvious discussions about racism, I can't help but wonder about Gen Z's failure to grasp how permanent the Internet is despite having it available to them their entire lives. These moronic young women are about to get a tough lesson on that topic for the next 40-50 years as a search for their names will always return results of this trashy, racist bullshit.
They probably think that snap isn't permanent so there aren't repurcussions there. Yik yak also had this kind of thing as well.

I actually wonder how common this is? Like, we became aware of this because not everyone on their friend list is a racist POS. Imagine all the crap we don't see? I bet they've been getting away with this for awhile and only now just got caught

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't expect these 2 girls to want to stay at Oklahoma. They will be uncomfortable and heckled for the rest of their days on that campus.

Time to cut and run.

Would have preferred the University itself remove them from their campus, but them walking through campus as students chant "shame" at them every day until they quit may be more savory.

Sintax

Alt account
Banned
Jan 18, 2019
racism in America is as strong as ever.

This country was built upon racism. Its soil was literally watered with the blood of Native Americans and Africans numbering in the millions. Trump has made it acceptable to not be ashamed of that history and, in fact, to embrace it.