• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I don't know if anyone around here really remembers Krispy Kreme/Froggy Fresh (a comedy rapper with an old-school trashy neighborhood theme), but that was a character created by Tyler Cassidy. He dropped the character once everyone in his neighborhood started to grow up and move on up in their lives, but he has been producing (mostly non-rap) comedy music since along with a few other more serious songs. Yesterday (10/30/19), he dropped an album of his more serious music. I'm just now getting around to listening to it, but it is pretty damned good in my eyes. I just love his voice and lyrics.

Anyway, here is the information and links to everything.

Tyler Cassidy - Renee

Renee%20Album%20Cover.webp

Tracklist:

1. Intro (0:47)
  2. Daddy's Love (4:09)
  3. Graveyard Shift (3:33)
  4. Mama Like Mine (2:02)
  5. Letter From an Absent Father (4:55)
  6. How Will We Work (4:17)
  7. Hard Working Man (4:57)
  8. He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (4:09)
  9. Broke Down (3:19)
  10. Cheater (4:11)
  11. Intermission (0:47)
  12. Get Out (2:40)
  13. Cry (3:50)
  14. Just Be Gone (2:56)
  15. Junkie (4:03)
  16. Ignorance is Bliss (3:07)
  17. Alone (2:58)
  18. One Last Song (3:24)
  19. One More Nail (4:04)
  20. Outro (1:49)

His website (with links to all streaming services) : https://www.tylercassidymusic.com/

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk42NEzrxCKic2Nc6n2rshj8mtIQYkAmU

Two songs that came out before the album dropped:

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0k8c7z5U4&list=PLk42NEzrxCKic2Nc6n2rshj8mtIQYkAmU&index=10&t=0s

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12JfE6WjcI&list=PLk42NEzrxCKic2Nc6n2rshj8mtIQYkAmU&index=15

___

Oh, and in the meantime, he isn't afraid to drop politically relevant tracks (he apologizes for mispronouncing Botham's name in the comments):

Tyler Cassidy - Amber Guyger

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting, I'll have to take a listen later. I heard a couple of his more serious songs a few years ago and I enjoyed it back then.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't even get 30 seconds throught the Botham song, it hits the feels and reminds me of those old spiritual songs.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
I've heard this guy is the baddest of them all.

Interested to hear his more serious stuff. Have a soft spot for his music.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Broke Down song sounds okay... Except for the fact that I can hear the spit in his mouth and I can't take that.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Haha oh man, me and a few work buddies still quote Krispy Kreme and Froggy Fresh songs to this day.
Good to see he's still musically inclined, sad to see he dropped the humor. But he doesn't sound too too bad, I guess. Just not what I expected.

OP
OP
False Witness

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Haha oh man, me and a few work buddies still quote Krispy Kreme and Froggy Fresh songs to this day.
Good to see he's still musically inclined, sad to see he dropped the humor. But he doesn't sound too too bad, I guess. Just not what I expected.
He hasn't dropped the humor. It's just not part of the album. He's got quite a lot of stuff on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeX_33ZB5Ddoc5TlmObG6Dw/videos

Granted, it's way more explicit than his early days.

Irish

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he's still in Nashville. Should try to find a connection at Third Man Records.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tyler Cassidy is how I heard about the real reason behind Trumps wall. Turns out it's really Ivanka's doing.

Irish

Oct 25, 2017
One thing is for sure, Dude's got lyrics. i mean, I like his voice because I tend to like odd voices like Jack White and Brett Dennen, but the lyrics always paint a damned picture.

OP
OP
False Witness

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard this guy is the baddest of them all.

Interested to hear his more serious stuff. Have a soft spot for his music.
Just finished the album. It's a perfect little album for a rainy day like today. Just throw it on in the background while you read or work. I think the space in the production really makes it seem that way.

Irish

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've actually listened through this three times since last night. It's way better than I would have ever imagined it would be.

Couldn't even get 30 seconds throught the Botham song, it hits the feels and reminds me of those old spiritual songs.
"Amber Guyger's breaking in your home tonight
Amber Guyger's shooting everyone, cause
Amber Guyger owns every apartment in this town, and
Amber Guyger likes to you use her gun"

Skelatix

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
Man this brings back memories, I remember enjoying this song when he had to change his name after the lawsuit:

Will give this album a listen

Irish

Oct 25, 2017
It's not often that I sit there and listen to an album over and over, so I'm honestly surprised that I'm doing it with some random drop from a dude on YouTube.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so glad to see that he has continued to write and sing, that's awesome. He's given me some great laughs over the years so I'll definitely give his new album a listen.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Starting to listen and y'know. This aint bad at all.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Listening for the first time now. Honestly I put it off because I was pretty certain I wouldn't be down with a serious Froggy Fresh/Tyler Cassidy.
But I must say I am really enjoying it. Will definitely give it multiple listens.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to this album the other day thanks to this thread, really enjoyed it.

OP
OP
False Witness

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I think I made a fan out of my wife. She wanted me to throw some music on while we wrapped gifts for the kids. I actually usually don't share any of the music I listen to with her usually. She likes that it sounds different to most of what we listen to on the radio.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Wooow I remember this guy. Gonna drive out to a Christmas party later and gonna check this out.