• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Although this might be "no shit, Sherlock" to a lot of people on this forum, it's good that researchers are putting in the effort to quantify and document the negative effect Trump's rhetoric is having on the US.

Using the Anti-Defamation League's Hate, Extremism, Anti-Semitism, Terrorism map data (HEAT map), we examined whether there was a correlation between the counties that hosted one of Trump's 275 presidential campaign rallies in 2016 and increased incidents of hate crimes in subsequent months.
We found that counties that had hosted a 2016 Trump campaign rally saw a 226 percent increase in reported hate crimes over comparable counties that did not host such a rally.

Additionally, it is hard to discount a "Trump effect" when a considerable number of these reported hate crimes reference Trump. According to the ADL's 2016 data, these incidents included vandalism, intimidation and assault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...pire-more-hate-crimes/?utm_term=.ab31a6d36850

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Almost like this administration emboldens bigots and at best (at best) considers this a feature not a bug.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's like if someone with only hate, racism, and misogyny to share is given a platform to spew that shit.... It emboldens others who share those shit characteristics to act out on them **thinking face**

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
I believe it. I work in a town that hosted a rally right around the corner from my office. POC who work here have talked about being followed around town. Most of us are at the master's or Ph.D level so its beyond stupid and creepy. Oh, and the township had to pay almost $20k in public funds for the rally and was never reimbursed. Fucking idiots.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
2wp6jk.gif