• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Attorney General William Barr is no longer expected to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday, according to a committee aide.

The decision comes after Democrats on the committee demanded that Barr face questions from the committee's lawyers.

Barr had previously objected to the proposal for lawyers to ask questions in the hearing, but after the committee formalized its move on Wednesday to allot time for staff questioning, the Department of Justice communicated to the committee that Barr will not appear, according to the aide.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/politics/barr-skips-house-hearing/index.html

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
D3WVEzzWAAE4f49.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Throw his ass in jail for contempt. Let's see how he likes it.

Go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Follow it up by impeachment.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Barr is the stupidest man alive. That's saying a lot when his boss is Trump.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's a sad day in America when millions of voters high-five each other for Barr ignoring Rule of Law to Own The Libs, and think to themselves, "Man, it's so UnAmerican to be honest and not commit crimes. Real patriots are willing to let society burn to get screwed over by an uncaring government that uses racism to distract us! USAUSAUSA!"

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Barr is the stupidest man alive. That's saying a lot when his boss is Trump.

In this sense its not stupid. Its kicking the can down the road. I get the reason he is not going to show up, he is not going to have the protections of a Republican Committee chair. This is a political game right now, so Barr is daring the Democrats to issue a Subpoena.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
If there's not going to be any consequence, I'd do it too. It's smart.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I am fully prepared for House leadership to disappoint when it comes to talk of a subpoena. This is another test to see if they're willing to use their powers to fight Republican corruption when it stares them in the face, and what they can get away with. There will be powerful voices advising Dems to move past this and focus on Trump. And the public trust in the rule of law will continue to crack if they listen.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fox News isn't even reporting on this. I just flipped to their channel and they are covering Illegal Border Crossings.

Because of course they are.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am fully prepared for House leadership to disappoint when it comes to talk of a subpoena. This is another test to see if they're willing to use their powers to fight Republican corruption when it stares them in the face, and what they can get away with. There will be powerful voices advising Dems to move past this and focus on Trump. And the public trust in the rule of law will continue to crack if they listen.

They're going to subpoena Barr. He's actually a target they'll feel comfortable flexing on without alienating voters.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the over/ under on number of days until redacted portions of the report start spilling out? We might be back to permanent Infrastructure Week again. I can't imagine the FBI and the IC really like being called scum and traitors by their boss.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His son was given a job in the White House.
Meh, at this point, anyone who wants to work there probably could. And given the family pedigree, I don't see why his son getting a job at the White House makes it worth this ridiculousness at his age. It still makes no sense.
What's the over/ under on number of days until redacted portions of the report start spilling out? We might be back to permanent Infrastructure Week again. I can't imagine the FBI and the IC really like being called scum and traitors by their boss.
I really want to know what those 12 redacted ongoing matters are...

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao, whatever Barr. Stall stall stall.

Whatever happened to Buzzfeed's FOIA request to get a federal judge to look at and potentially release a lot of redacted material?

From a couple weeks ago:
BI: A federal judge accused AG William Barr of sowing public distrust about 'whether or not there is full transparency' about the Mueller report

• A federal judge said Attorney General William Barr has created public distrust about the special counsel Robert Mueller's final report in the Russia investigation.

• "The attorney general has created an environment that has caused a significant part of the public … to be concerned about whether or not there is full transparency" about Mueller's findings, US District Court Judge Reggie Walton said during a hearing Tuesday.

• The hearing was about a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit BuzzFeed News had filed, in which it asked the court to require the Justice Department to release the Mueller report by Thursday.

• The Justice Department has already announced that it will do so, but the lawsuit asked specifically for the release of all information in the report that's covered under FOIA.

• Barr said he will redact four categories of information from the report, and he has refused to release an un-redacted version of it to Congress or the public.
[...]

So yeah, we had a federal judge saying Iran-Contra created public distrust about Mueller's report 2 weeks ago before we even got the redacted report. And ever since then it's just been confirmed and confirmed over and over again.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL - is anybody really surprised at this? Especially after his performance today. He's a terrible person.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is he going to suffer any actual consequences for this or is it gonna be another "lol Republicans can do whatever they want" moment

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I think we both know that's not likely to happen. This is the democrats we're talking about. That would require them to do something other than sick burns.
They've been fucking useless on this. But when it comes to shaming the Muslim congresswoman, they can act pretty fucking quickly.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Supreme privilege of telling your bosses that to fuck off

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Barr should be impeached but he shouldn't even have been confirmed in the first place. He was confirmed for the same reason impeachment would fail in the senate: the Republicans have no ethics and only care for their own power.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ducking out like a coward is far from smart when the world's eyes are on you and you've already proven you can't answer questions definitively.
I mean at this point if you didn't already know that Republicans are universally worthless cowardly trash, this wouldn't change anything because you've already buried your head and are ignoring objective reality.