• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Rich people don't get punished because it is "too good" for them. They get shamed rather than face real consequences for their actions.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
You all want impeachment so bad, I get it, but it's the one bullet that you can't reuse. The only way impeachment passes the Senate is if the GOP turns, and that's clearly not going to happen.

Explore all these avenues, keep the pressure going and hammer the corruption. You impeach and fail, I can't imagine what the other side of that would be.

wrong. you don't impeach and all that public support and momentum from Nov 2018 elections subsides.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
A painting on the wall of Mar-A-Lago, housing his immortal soul...
giphy.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
wrong. you don't impeach and all that public support and momentum from Nov 2018 elections subsides.
Yeah I don't get it. Most of the people in this thread and even Dem leadership that want impeachment know that Trump isn't getting removed from office. It's not about that. It's about doing what congress should be doing. It's about the impeachment proceedings. It's about taking a stand against the fascist regime and their blatant disregard for the rule of law and Democratic norms that are the foundation of this country.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Trump sold his soul for a donut and this whole thing is part of his end of the bargain

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I have agreed with this post from dabig2
"
Mueller literally explains why he couldn't even say that the President committed a crime in pretty clear words I thought.
It's because he was following guidelines in that the president cannot be indicted, so thus if you levy any sort of accusation of a crime, you're robbing the president of an attempt to defend himself in public because he cannot be indicted by the current DOJ policy which means no trial which means no defense.

Which is why Mueller was never going to say "x president did crime y". I don't agree with it because the whole DOJ policy is complete bullshit in the first place, but I see where Mueller was coming from.

I'll accept waiting for a Mueller hearing if only so he can reiterate this bullshit in person to clear up further confusion on why and why not he put things in his report. "
So I stand corrected.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point all the hand wringing over it could cause a constitutional crisis if we do xyz is what drives me the most crazy. Its like Wake Up!!!. We are already in a constitutional crisis. The Executive Branch is challenging the very legitimacy of the Legislative Branch. We are well passed the point of worrying about what might cause an issue or not.

Every Single one of them who have been subpoenaed and refuse should be brought in by Inherent Contempt and tossed in Jail until they cooperate.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I have agreed with this post from dabig2
"
Mueller literally explains why he couldn't even say that the President committed a crime in pretty clear words I thought.
It's because he was following guidelines in that the president cannot be indicted, so thus if you levy any sort of accusation of a crime, you're robbing the president of an attempt to defend himself in public because he cannot be indicted by the current DOJ policy which means no trial which means no defense.

Which is why Mueller was never going to say "x president did crime y". I don't agree with it because the whole DOJ policy is complete bullshit in the first place, but I see where Mueller was coming from.

I'll accept waiting for a Mueller hearing if only so he can reiterate this bullshit in person to clear up further confusion on why and why not he put things in his report. "
So I stand corrected.

Ok, fair enough, I also stand corrected.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
So any update on what the next plan is from the Dems? Are they going to get Mueller in?

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
So they're really not doing anything huh. Did they go out shopping to find more props?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Dems are gonna keep fucking around and then will be really confused when 2020 turnout is in the shitter.

Then again, I'm starting to think that they secretly like being the minority party.

Oct 26, 2017
I am visiting my uncle with my dad this weekend....and all the Fox news on his TV is making my brain melt. I might die while I'm here.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Guys, they maybe don't have all the mechanisms we want, but they do have some power here -- they're making sure they do this right so it can't be easily challenged. I know it's frustrating to watch warning after warning, but the fact that we're now at a point where congress is threatening to hold the AG in contempt is kinda a big deal.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Barr now doing Trump's bidding with a wide ranging investigation into his rivals and the events of 2016. He wasn't interested in appearing before Congress to discuss the Mueller report though, and recall how he dodged Kamala's question about whether Trump and the WH had been pushing him to do exactly this.

"We now know that he was being falsely accused," Barr said of Trump. "We have to stop using the criminal justice process as a political weapon."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...fbi-spying-on-trump-campaign-has-a-wide-reach

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nothing to see here. No collusion. It's perfectly normal to spend this long talking to your handler.