• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the problem as soon as it's brought up the defensiveness activates. Take a moment and contemplate how you benefit. Humanity is at stake but nothing will happen because white people wont stop white supremacy.
You are though, you're complicit in the fact that you benefit from it.
I'm an Iraqi living in the rural south. I wish I benefited from white privilege, but not all white people are bad.
Just report and ignore.
I had to look it up but Wasichu is straight up a racial slur as bad any other referring to a non-white person today. If that poster isn't banned by now they won't be. Any other target would be grounds for immediate banning.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, when Dems get power they should make legislation for a bunch of stuff like this. Just not playing the game shouldn't be an option, Trump's shamelessness has exposed just how much of the system can be ignored.
Such legislation will likely never pass without strong bipartisan support. In other words it won't pass period.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Tweet Text: Speaker Pelosi told colleagues in a whip meeting this am that "we've witnessed a crime" when Bill Barr answered Crist's question On Trump: "Impeachment is too good for him" All this per a staffer in the room

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Do some reading on white supremacy because i don't you are educated well enough on the topic. IMO, your response was not a great look.

I recommend "how to be less stupid about race" by Crystal Fleming and "white rage" by carol Anderson.

Your call for "civility" precisely demonstrates some of the privilege and is part of how white supremacy is sustained.

Basically, mlkjrwhitemoderatequote.jpg

The rule of law is being guillotined before our eyes, but white fragility demands we focus on sloppy phrasing over the fact that the point is true.

(I'm white as fuck and I'm not sitting here getting pissy someone called out white supremacy, there's more at stake than my fucking feelings, you know like the goddamn republic crumbling.)

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Never ceases to amaze me how much trump's shamelessness is a super power. Just breaks everything.

Trump voters got what they wanted - a completely shameless "not-a-politician" to just burn everything to the fucking ground. Republicans opened the door and brought a fucking bull into the shop, and now that it's breaking everything they're gonna fight to the fucking death to keep it inside while Dems struggle to reign it in... while bickering with one another about the "right time" to try anything of course.

Doesn't even matter that Trump doesn't have two functioning brain cells to rub together. By virtue of his ineptitude and corruption he's doing exactly what the people who put him in this position want.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
What can she actually do about it?
She said "nothing". Because impeachment is to good for him.
giphy.gif

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You're forgetting the GOP are great at manipulating public perception and help Trump. Making him go on the defensive can help him tremendously to look sympathetic.

Pelosi's a progressive, btw. Perception is real in politics, it's why the establishment remains the establishment. They know how to keep being elected.

Trump being good at fundraising + his base threatening the GOP from the right mean he gets extra protection in congress from his wing. Anyone who goes against that risks not being a politician come the next elections.

As opposed to what exactly? The norms do need reforming but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

You say that as though congress isn't reliant on votes. You want progressive bills to pass they're not going to do it by ignoring norms and asking nicely.

Wrong on basically everything. Maybe Democrats are also great at manipulating perception of their partisan loyalists. Worried about one election while democracy is burning all around you.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Yeah, when Dems get power they should make legislation for a bunch of stuff like this. Just not playing the game shouldn't be an option, Trump's shamelessness has exposed just how much of the system can be ignored.
this all started with McConnel blocking Obama's appointment to the supreme court. Filibuster goes both ways. It's called the Biden(what a travesty this guy has been for American politics) rule for a reason

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump wins in 2020, hope to god the Dems win the Senate. Mitch and Graham are both up for reelection in 2020.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This is the problem as soon as it's brought up the defensiveness activates. Take a moment and contemplate how you benefit. Humanity is at stake but nothing will happen because white people wont stop white supremacy.

But this is a much more relatable post (that you are contributing here), since i 110% agree that white people are responsible for removing white supremecy and to remove white privelage from the face of the planet.

We (white people) need to make changes happen by working against forces that want to keep the status quo (or make things worse). The problem with a post that paints ALL white people as a contributor to this is what I am against since this will harm the whole movement and be used by white supremacist and apologist to work against these white people trying to make a change. Same reason why I am very active fighting against the same rethoric used against muslims, immigrants, refugees and so on.

But to summarize, yes, we have a responsibility and a burden we need to handle and take care of.

You are though, you're complicit in the fact that you benefit from it.

Complicit is, for me (or am I wrong), when you deliberately take advantage of something, and something you can chose to not participate in (while you can chose some of our privileges to not participate, not all is possible).

EDIT: Or educate me please in the last point here if I am missing something.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Don't be ridiculous, I'm not complicit it anything and this idea that all white people have a shared conspiracy to undermine everyone else is crazy.

It doesn't even have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

It's not a conspiracy. It's systemic incentives and disincentives. Are you denying white supremacy and white privilege? Because that clearly affects the incentive structure for white vs non white humans. You have less to lose, and hence less urgency.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
Is this all just political pandering by the Democrats? Are the Democrats unwilling to bring Barr in by force because they fear they will lose the public trust? If they only really have that option, and that option will result in a constitutional crisis, then arent you already in a crisis?

Where is the media going to stand on this? It seems they have been more than complicit in the degredation of US politics and political discourse and things now have become so blatantly corrupt that failing to use their power to call this out and rally people seems like they are on side with this new power dynamic.

The head of your DOJ and the Republican Congress are working directly for the personal interests of a single US citizen. There doesnt even seem to be an "Office of the President" anymore. Just an apparatus in service of Donald J. Trump.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Wrong on basically everything. Maybe Democrats are also great at manipulating perception of their partisan loyalists.

The GOP aren't weak and stupid. Look how much destruction they're accomplishing with Trump, and this isn't them at their political peak. The Dems don't have anywhere near the media protection the Republicans do. There is no left equivalent to Fox News. The partisan loyalists are with me, not you. And they can't win just with them, it's the swing voters who are vulnerable to the GOP.

Worried about one election while democracy is burning all around you.

There is always another election around the corner (particularly in the House), those who win get to do something those who don't get to do nothing. You're not going to stop democracy burning without electing politicians.

True, I'm just sick how the right always pulls shit like this and the left just takes it. Happens everywhere to some extent and it's infuriating.

Agreed. I wish it weren't the case. :(

Last edited:

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Is this all just political pandering by the Democrats? Are the Democrats unwilling to bring Barr in by force because they fear they will lose the public trust? If they only really have that option, and that option will result in a constitutional crisis, then arent you already in a crisis?

Where is the media going to stand on this? It seems they have been more than complicit in the degredation of US politics and political discourse and things now have become so blatantly corrupt that failing to use their power to call this out and rally people seems like they are on side with this new power dynamic.

The head of your DOJ and the Republican Congress are working directly for the personal interests of a single US citizen. There doesnt even seem to be an "Office of the President" anymore. Just an apparatus in service of Donald J. Trump.
and the fact that this doesn't scare people is just so confusing to me... We aren't at a point where trump is completely a tyrant, but now is the time to see if our safeguards can do what they are meant to do.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this isn't just posturing by dems and they actually have the courage to follow through.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
If Trump wins in 2020, hope to god the Dems win the Senate. Mitch and Graham are both up for reelection in 2020.
Winning the Presidency is far more likely than the Senate right now. If you don't unseat Trump, you're probably not getting the Senate as a consolation prize.

And you need both to save the SCOTUS.

And there will always be cries for civility no matter how many unchecked crimes the Republicans commit while the Democrats tweet stern condemnations between record-breaking fundraiser events.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

The media doesn't give a shit because they are in it for the money, power and/or fame. Trump is the best "reality TV" that ever happened for the news media. They understand their part in the show, pander to their respective viewers or listeners and watch the ratings grow.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Call the fucking seargent at arms to start arresting anyone who isn't complying with subpoenas. Enough is enough.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
If and when Mueller appears at the House, he better be very direct and very forward about collusion and obstruction. It has to be Yes or No for both cases. It can't be some in-between/not sure bullshit that leaves everything hanging in the air again.

He left it open-ended in his report, thinking the DoJ would commit to justice, rather than politics. That was a mistake.

So now Mueller has to be very clear and very direct with his professional recommendation for how the House should proceed.

Q: Mr. Mueller, do you believe, based on the evidence, that Donald Trump attempted to and/or committed Obstruction of Justice.

A: Yes and Yes.

-That's that only way Pelosi will move her foot off the brake pedal and put it on the gas pedal for impeachment. And that's the only way she SHOULD to keep the process judicial, and not political.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So is there any official word on them subpoenaing him, or are they going to bring in some more chicken related items?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm an Iraqi living in the rural south. I wish I benefited from white privilege, but not all white people are bad.

I had to look it up but Wasichu is straight up a racial slur as bad any other referring to a non-white person today. If that poster isn't banned by now they won't be. Any other target would be grounds for immediate banning.
Really? As bad as the N word? In America?

Not all White people are bad. I'm White and I'm not bad. But it would be both naive and unhelpful not to recognize the current reallity of the White majority in America and the way they consistently vote for bigots and keep them in power. Most that generalize White people are referring to the majority that continues to vote in people with the goal of ruining the lives of people of color. It doesn't mean literally every single White person is bad.

This isn't hard.

Anyway I'm not even sure how this thread became in part a race debate.