• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

Tweet Text: Speaker Pelosi told colleagues in a whip meeting this am that "we've witnessed a crime" when Bill Barr answered Crist's question On Trump: "Impeachment is too good for him" All this per a staffer in the room

"impeachment is too good for him" what does this even mean. So pathetic

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Seems like I may be alone in this opinion but I don't mind the chicken. I think Democrats need to start acting more like Republicans, sans racism and bigotry. It's exactly the kind of shit Republicans would do.

My biggest fear is even if Democrats take back the Senate and presidency, too many of the Dem leadership will just try and return things to "normal" ignoring what the Republicans did for the last decade. They will want to move on and forget. Well, things are different now, there is no going back unless they want a return to how things were before with Republicans pulling their shit.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
They are either all bad or none of them are.
That's simplistic. Just like there are levels of racism, one word can be worse than another. It's not White people that have a history of being enslaved in America and even today are held back by institutional racism.

Saying Craker is just as bad as the N word is disingenuous at best and trying to "all lives matter" hand wave away racism at worst.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
It feels like for the past two years the situation in the US has just been escalating from one unprecedented height to the next.
By now everyone has lost sense for how unbelievable, dangerous and unprecedented all of this actually is.

To think that about 20 years a president was impeached for an affair and now there is a criminal president who's in bed with fucking Russia and actively working towards dismantling the post WW2 world order and western value coalition and half the country acts like nothing is going on...

Boy, oh boy, the US is in deep shit and I do not see them recover. Even when Trump is gone, there still remains the fact that half the country supported him for years because the agree with the quintessentially anti-western values he pushed. Like Nazi-Germany needed denazification after WW2, the US will need a similarly comprehensive effort after Trump.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like I may be alone in this opinion but I don't mind the chicken. I think Democrats need to start acting more like Republicans, sans racism and bigotry. It's exactly the kind of shit Republicans would do.

My biggest fear is even if Democrats take back the Senate and presidency, too many of the Dem leadership will just try and return things to "normal" ignoring what the Republicans did for the last decade. They will want to move on and forget. Well, things are different now, there is no going back unless they want a return to how things were before with Republicans pulling their shit.

I love the chicken. When Cohen did that, he was speaking their language. The language of a dirty diaper bursting at the seams, immature and vindictive, cutting straight to the core of a ridiculous disrespect of american people and congress. I'm sure they felt that.

My biggest fear is that there won't be a peaceful transfer of power and that they just will refuse to leave office and cancel elections after the fact.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I love the chicken. When Cohen did that, he was speaking their language. The language of a dirty diaper bursting at the seams, immature and vindictive, cutting straight to the core of a ridiculous disrespect of american people and congress. I'm sure they felt that.

My biggest fear is that there won't be a peaceful transfer of power and that they just will refuse to leave office and cancel elections after the fact.
Yep. It's also not just about a message to Republicans. The people want this shit. Republicans are in part successful because they ARE assholes, and the American public responds well to it. It is what it is. They care about jokes and memes and "owning" and less about Policy. The trick is to find a combination of both to appeal to all sorts of voters.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Dems seem to be unnecessarily drawing this process out. Probably running out the clock so that by the time they get all of their internal prerequisites to impeach it'll be time for the primaries. Which will then be used as an excuse to not impeach, as to not have their primaries "choked" by coverage of the impeachment.

I definitely think Dems should impeach, but the above scenario is what I'm afraid they're going to do.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
America is so broken. We are a nation of laws run by criminals and partisan cowards too scared to enforce said laws. "Let the voters decide" is simply empowering the criminals to become bolder and bolder. We need bold action NOW to counter the bold crime, two years from now is too late. Without it corruption will just run rampant; and it has, and will continue to if this inaction goes on.

Our country is broken. :(

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Tweet Text: Speaker Pelosi told colleagues in a whip meeting this am that "we've witnessed a crime" when Bill Barr answered Crist's question On Trump: "Impeachment is too good for him" All this per a staffer in the room

Too good for him? I mean yeah, traitors should be hung, but since that's not something within your power maybe you should just go ahead with what you can do and impeach him.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

So is impeachment "not worth it" or is Trump "too good" for it? What the hell is this?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Nah. Impeachment is like the BEST thing you could do to Trump. The dude will lose his shit at having that mark that Obama never got. I understand he's staying in office because Republicans will never vote against him, but he doesn't need to be removed for him to lose his shit. Trump is the most unhinged president of the US ever. Make him angry. Tarnish his "legacy" and watch him implode. Well more than usual.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The GOP aren't weak and stupid. Look how much destruction they're accomplishing with Trump, and this isn't them at their political peak. The Dems don't have anywhere near the media protection the Republicans do. There is no left equivalent to Fox News. The partisan loyalists are with me, not you. And they can't win just with them, it's the swing voters who are vulnerable to the GOP.

There is always another election around the corner (particularly in the House), those who win get to do something those who don't get to do nothing. You're not going to stop democracy burning without electing politicians.

Agreed. I wish it weren't the case. :(

You can't win elections if there's no democracy.
You really don't understand how democracy is undermined. A big part of it is not holding the powerful to account because of fear of political backlash.

If you set a precedent, this will keep happening. And then you're done.

Many countries with democracies are Democratic in name only. The US is teetering on the edge and you don't realize it. We're already an oligarchy in practice. A few more steps and any hope of reversal is gone. That's what you don't get. You're worrying more about political power than what's actually better for people in the long run.

And yes. The gop isn't stupid and weak. That's the Democrats.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is impeachment "not worth it" or is Trump "too good" for it? What the hell is this?

I'm pretty sure they mean 'We wish we had something worse we could do to him'. It really feels like Barr's testimony yesterday changed things for the dems. No way Warren comes out and calls for impeachment if there wasn't a discussion between her and Pelosi.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Basically, mlkjrwhitemoderatequote.jpg

The rule of law is being guillotined before our eyes, but white fragility demands we focus on sloppy phrasing over the fact that the point is true.

(I'm white as fuck and I'm not sitting here getting pissy someone called out white supremacy, there's more at stake than my fucking feelings, you know like the goddamn republic crumbling.)

Yup. Yup. Yup.

Couldn't agree more

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017

I agree. This is something that will get even more news to report on Barr's no show today than if it wasn't done.

I also agree that more needs to be done... he should be impeached.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

yzuVfjH.gif

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Dems seem to be unnecessarily drawing this process out. Probably running out the clock so that by the time they get all of their internal prerequisites to impeach it'll be time for the primaries. Which will then be used as an excuse to not impeach, as to not have their primaries "choked" by coverage of the impeachment.

I definitely think Dems should impeach, but the above scenario is what I'm afraid they're going to do.
This is what I'm kind of worried about. Pelosi seems a little scared about the optics of impeachment that she's trying to get everyone to run out the clock.

I still maintain that not impeaching Trump sets an unbelievably bad precedent going forward.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What she really wants to say is "we would do it but we are too scared to do it with the election year coming up".

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this all started with McConnel blocking Obama's appointment to the supreme court. Filibuster goes both ways. It's called the Biden(what a travesty this guy has been for American politics) rule for a reason

There's no "Biden Rule." Biden just said once that maybe a SCOTUS nomination should be delayed in some circumstances in theory, and two decades later the GoP took his words out of context and applied them to a different sitation and claimed a precedent existed where none did.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...context-biden-rule-supreme-court-nominations/

It was just spin. It's like when they thought the ACA would be bad so they labeled it "Obamacare," to try and stink his name up, and then when it became popular they said Obama named it "Obamacare" because he's egotistical and named it after himself.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/who-coined-obamacare/335745/

I'm not crazy about the prospects of the Dems simply "writing legislation" the next time they gain power to stop someone like Trump. If Trump won't divest himself of his businesses when the constitution demands it, why would he listen to a law? He's already an unindicted co-conspirator in another crime.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017

A bunch of cowardly fucks who won't pull their heads out pf their asses, great. Fuck outta here with this Pelosi

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
"doing something to him would be too good for him" is what you say when you are scared shitless of doing that said something but you wanna sound tough and in charge

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I just going to say it again, congress do your fucking job and stop playing politics.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This is what I'm kind of worried about. Pelosi seems a little scared about the optics of impeachment that she's trying to get everyone to run out the clock.

I still maintain that not impeaching Trump sets an unbelievably bad precedent going forward.
Absolutely. It sends a clear message that unconstitutional power grabs are OK, that lying over 10K times is OK, that obstructing justice is OK, that seeking help from foreign powers to win elections is OK, that breaking the law during the election is OK so you're then shielded by the fact you won, that not divesting your business and not being transparent on how much your own policies (which are bankrupting America) profit you is OK, that even if somehow he was innocent of all the collusion/obstruction stuff it still shows he has such a colossal failure in judgment that everyone he calls "the best people" is going to jail. Getting a blowjob is worse than all of that?

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Trump and the Republicans are trolling now. And they are doing powerplay.
It is time for the Democrats to get in the fight. They have the house and they should grow some balls.
The Democrats are getting slaughtered and they still fear that the Republicans will beat them with a stick, so they stay silent in the hope they will not get slaughtered anymore. Till the next one dies.
If now is not the time to fight then when?

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Republicans would impeach the AG in this exact situation while also calling him names.

Kowpucky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Barr is held in contempt and actually gets sent to prison, can't Trump just immediately pardon him ?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Ok so what are the Dems going to do about it? Bring in a rubber chicken?

There's nothing they can do about it. He won't be found guilty in the Senate so impeaching him in the house will fail and then he'll ride the the victimhood of a failed impeachment all the way to re-election.

Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory generalisation.
Lumping all white people together? Good job!
I'm sure standing together as Americans of all races against corrupt Republicans is a bad idea. But what would I know since I'm a Wasichus drone according to you.

If I'm 64% European, am I Wasichus?

It's not right to perpetuate stereotypes and group people as a homogenous horde.

Aside from voting or donating money, What actions do any of you take to fight institutional racism? What actions do you take to fight mass incarceration? What actions do you take to stop children being put in internment camps? What are any of you doing to see to it that our education system and pedagogy is decolonized?

Being philosophically opposed to something is not enough. So please, tell me what actions you, and the vast majority of non Republican white people are taking?

You may not be directly responsible for slavery, and the institutional racism we have today, but your foot is definitely on the gas pedal, and I'm not seeing the vast majority of you doing anything to pump the brakes. You're all basically complicit when you sit around and do nothing more than talk shit on republicans.

All I see is talk, and giving kudos to politicians that "roast" republicans. Don't give me any of that "lead by example" bullshit either. How'd that work out with the Nazi's or these maga fuck heads?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There's nothing they can do about it. He won't be found guilty in the Senate so impeaching him in the house will fail and then he'll ride the the victimhood of a failed impeachment all the way to re-election.
Donald Trump is literally victimhood impersonified. He's been ranting about a witch hunt for 3 years nearly. So in other words, more of the same. Oh well.

He won't be removed from office, but he will fucking lose it, just wait. Congress has the duty to do it anyway. Just because one party doesn't value the law, constitution, or Democracy doesn't mean the other shouldn't.

Public favor will likely change as well once actual proceedings are paraded on the tv.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are you two non-native speakers of English, am I old and people have just stopped using this expression, or are y'all just trying to shit stir for no reason.

I know the expression. You're quoting a fucking movie. What does this actually mean in terms of whether or not she wants to impeach the president? No one is stirring anything.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Donald Trump is literally victimhood impersonified. He's been ranting about a witch hunt for 3 years nearly. So in other words, more of the same. Oh well.

He won't be removed from office, but he will fucking lose it, just wait. Congress has the duty to do it anyway. Just because one party doesn't value the law, constitution, or Democracy doesn't mean the other shouldn't.

Public favor will likely change as well once actual proceedings are paraded on the tv.
Yep. The impeachment process includes a lot more than just a vote. Congress has the duty to hold this president accountable for his actions. People keep whining about 2020 as if it will magically fix what the government should be working to prevent in the now.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know the expression. You're quoting a fucking movie. What does this actually mean in terms of whether or not she wants to impeach the president? No one is stirring anything.

I would say the large amount of direct rhetoric calling for Barr's resignation, impeachment, and impeachment of the president since Barr's testimony, and not just by members of the public, but House Reps, Senators, and presidential runners indicates that movements are being made. It's probably slower than a lot of people would like, but I bet they're about to go in hard with Barr with everything they can.