• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/wilbur-ross-paradise-papers-icij-1.4383636

PARADISE PAPERS:
U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur L. Ross Jr. has a stake in a shipping firm that receives millions of dollars a year in revenue from a company whose key owners include Russian President Vladimir Putin's son-in-law and a Russian tycoon sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department as a member of Putin's inner circle.

Ross, a billionaire private equity investor, divested most of his business assets before joining President Donald Trump's cabinet in February, but kept a stake in the shipping firm, Navigator Holdings Ltd., which is incorporated in the Marshall Islands in the South Pacific.

-------------
Bonus: Rachel Maddow vindicated: time stamp Feburary 27 2017
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/new-c...-of-lucrative-trump-russian-deal-886220355575

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's impressive the Russians have their hooks into what seems like everybody in this administration. The GOP, FOX, Briebart etc. must have Russian links at this point too right?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I need to check my assets to make sure I'm not tied up with the Russian.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, Wilbur Ross was a registered Democrat for decades until recently when Trump came along and somehow he was convinced forging ahead on the path of corruption would be a great way to pad out his twilight years!

At his confirmation in Feb., he admitted he would divest his business ties outside of a 'few'. I guess we know what those few were.

Also I do recall questions were leveled about his business ties to Russia, I think Corey Booker asked him a few.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
It's impressive the Russians have their hooks into what seems like everybody in this administration. The GOP, FOX, Briebart etc. must have Russian links at this point too right?
I would imagine that Russian links are fairly pervasive throughout the 9-figure+ community regardless of political affiliation, especially with anyone based in industries like finance, real estate, defense, and the exploitation natural resources.

But yeah, I'm sure some people at the top of those organizations *cough* Murdoch *cough* Mercer *cough* have extensive connections.