• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
hGRnew8VWCwS7iwyy9AVSD-650-80.jpg

Ubisoft has issued an apology for an image in The Division 2 that contained a homophobic slur, and removed it from the game. The multi-story piece of street art, which first came to notice earlier this week, depicted a police officer eating a donut while wearing badge number "FA6607".

"It's been brought to our attention that a piece of street art in Tom Clancy's The Division 2 contained offensive content. We removed the image from the game via a patch on Thursday, April 11," Ubisoft said in a statement.

"We apologize that this image slipped through our content review processes, and we are currently reviewing them in order to avoid this kind of oversight from occurring in the future."

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-homophobic-slur-in-the-division-2/

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. In general, Ubisoft games are getting more and more progressive and diverse, even introducing things in a low key manner like badass women in positions of power (DIvision, Assassins Creed all have them) and also female combatants in every game they make. There is no place for this kind of shit in their games.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I hope they review their process of assets and see who did it. You can't catch everything but at least have a log so they know who did it

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is refreshing in the game industry.

It seems like everytime there is a fuck up companies try to spin it with the "sorry it offended you" bs

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Fuck the person that put that in there.

Good on Ubi for apologizing though.

Last edited:

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Wonder how that even made it in there, I guess whoever was approving art wasn't aware of l33t speak since it's rarely even used anymore.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean aside from being yet another Clancy Doomsday Prepper wank piece there's also that awful marketing shit they pulled with the "real government shutdown"

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
Hah!

I mean, this artwork is taken from a Black Flag EP cover that also uses the f-slur, which I'll decline to post here despite having the shirt. But the addition of this badge is... weirdly unnecessary.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the person responsible gets put on blast. D2 is pretty great and I would never have caught this.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Isn't this a somewhat post apocalyptic setting? I'd expect more awful and disgusting shit going on. Or is there any other context I'm missing and not aware of?

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how that even made it in there, I guess whoever was approving art wasn't aware of l33t speak since it's rarely even used anymore.
I'm familiar with leet speak and I never would have noticed it unless someone pointed it out. Not many people calling people that in the communities I frequented I guess.

I assume they know who produced the asset either way.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Good to see that they've rectified it -- I'm surprised someone even noticed it. I am sure whoever did the piece of art will be punished accordingly.

I really need to look up more often in this game to make sure I shoot down the loot crates!

Thats pretty fucking disrespectful to gay people. Shame on Ubi.
I think that's honestly a little bit unfair on Ubi as a whole. This is hidden away like an easter egg -- probably less than 1 half of 1% of people playing the game would ever see it. It was almost certainly a rogue artist trying to be funny or edgy.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Games the size of Ubisoft titles get shit loads of outsourcing for things like art. I wouldn't be shocked at all if this didnt come from anyone working at Massive / Ubisoft themselves but instead from contract work. Much harder to oversee small stuff like this

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Utterly sickening to try to compare gay people to cops. God, everything I've seen from this game makes it look like a complete fuckin shitshow
What the heck are you talking about? Not only has the game reviewed well, been received well and is doing amazing. Devs have been supporting the game, fixing busted content, and showing us a roadmap. Leaps and bounds better than the first game.

Also, I really doubt they did that on purpose. Like it was stated, it's really had to spot everything. And even then how many people actually noticed that? Fun fact, did you know FA6607 is also a hex code for the color orange?

Laconik

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Utterly sickening to try to compare gay people to cops. God, everything I've seen from this game makes it look like a complete fuckin shitshow
What's so hard to understand? Cops suck, gay people don't.
I mean aside from being yet another Clancy Doomsday Prepper wank piece there's also that awful marketing shit they pulled with the "real government shutdown"
are we really going to not all cops this thread. are we really going to do this. what the fuck people.
I know. It's trying to call cops bad by using derogatory language for gay people. Hell, even calling cops pigs upsets me because even pigs don't deserve to be compared to cops

Whatever this is, this ain't it chief.

It's stupid and offensive for both cops and members of the LGB community. But at no time did I think cops = gays.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. In general, Ubisoft games are getting more and more progressive and diverse, even introducing things in a low key manner like badass women in positions of power (DIvision, Assassins Creed all have them) and also female combatants in every game they make. There is no place for this kind of shit in their games.
But.. but this is the game that starts with the "do you own a gun? Does your neighbor? Well there's a chance one of you might have survived" shit that is legit straight out of NRA propaganda, isn't it?

Second game in the series that opens with you killing violent 'looters' and one of the gangs is an analogue for black lives matter (played as if the movement doesn't really care about black lives (e.g. virtue signaling) and is just a front for a power grab)? That series?

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
User banned (1 week): trolling
are we really going to not all cops this thread. are we really going to do this. what the fuck people.

I appreciate your gusto.

On the ResetERA forums the moderators have a monopoly on force (as much force as can be applied to people on an internet forum, banning and temp banning). The same disparity of power exists between normal users and moderators as exists between normal citizen and the police. The stakes are much, much lower in ERAs case but they are proportional.

Basically, I dont BELIEVE your ACAB posturing until I hear you call Slayven an asshole. Do it. I wanna see it. Then Ill believe you.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't mean to sound like an asshole, but I don't get it? Does that number have something to do with a meme itself or including a donut?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017

you got mute in your name and don't know how to do it. seems ill-fitting.

im glad someone saw this and ubi will hopefully adjust it instead of outright removing it. one of the best parts of the adventure in DC has been stumbling on some of these art pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.