• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The company is looking to build a 50 person strong team to work on an unannounced VR project, a AAA title which will use one of Ubisoft's biggest IP's. There are plenty to choose from when it comes to well-known Ubisoft brands including Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy the list goes on.

"Not all our positions are on our website yet but we are building a 50 people team right now for this new project, focusing right now on the core team but more positions will follow!" a Ubisoft spokesperson told VRFocus.

Seemingly in development by their Blue Byte studio, who made 2 LBE for VR arcades previously. Ubisoft claims that there are 2 seperate VR projects going on: one is an escape game (probably for VR arcade), another is a VR AAA Game.

the job listings
In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Anno", "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers" and many more.

We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft's great IP's, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!

Last edited:

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I'm all about VR, its basically all I play nowadays and I think it still has massive untapped potential.
But I'm not sure if AAA is the way to go for now.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I tried the Assassin's Creed co-op VR escape room at this Ubisoft arcade in Montréal and it's really cool! I played it for a good thirty minutes and was told we were only halfway through. Very clever mechanics used and the best use of VR multiplayer I've seen.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If it isn't Assassin's Creed, they fucked up.

Give me my meta-as-fuck Animus simulator, please. ;;

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They have already published a Control-like game, Transference (also playable in 2D I think).

It wasn't my cup of tea but clearly at the top of the VR basket.

BratmanDu

Mar 27, 2018
It won't be, but I wish for a sequel to Star Trek Bridge Crew, one of the best co-op experiences out there with a good crew (VR or otherwise). Give us more bridges/ships, more randomised missions and a good scripted campaign with either AI to optionally fill in for other crew members, or a mini campaign for each station. Maybe away missions or 'elsewhere on the ship' missions too.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An Assassin's Creed where going into Eagle Vision has you flip down the headset to really be the eyes of the eagle.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Pls not Blacklist 2

We're better off returning to the Chaos Theory formula
Blacklist was good man, they just fucked up the marketing, Michael was sick and they couldn't hold the game so there was the change in te voice actor. You can ghost the whole game, it was a really solid game with really good settings.

MajorB

Apr 18, 2018
Every time I play a VR game where I am an armless pair of hands (essentially all of them), I think of Rayman. That IP seems like a golden opportunity to do something interesting with hand presence in VR.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Rainbow Six SIRGE VR. Imagine this on the PSVR2 on the ps5. It would be a system seller.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Every time I play a VR game where I am an armless pair of hands (essentially all of them), I think of Rayman. That IP seems like a golden opportunity to do something interesting with hand presence in VR.
There are a number of games with full bodies that you have yet to try. This project would also be 3 years out into the future where basically every game will have/should have a full body by default aside from instances where one doesn't make sense.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
There are a number of games with full bodies that you have yet to try. This project would also be 3 years out into the future where basically every game will have/should have a full body by default aside from instances where one doesn't make sense.
Why would every vr game have a full body in 3 years? Do you know something about body tracking sensors in upcoming headsets that hasn't been announced yet? I mean, the reason most games show hands without arms for example is because they don't know where your elbow is, and showing the arm wrong can cause a huge disconnect.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Why would every game have a full body in 3 years? Do you know something about body tracking sensors in upcoming headsets that hasn't been announced yet? I mean, the reason most games show hands without arms for example is because they don't know where your elbow is, and showing the arm wrong can cause a huge disconnect.
Oculus (among others) have been working on full body tracking, so yes. Here's an example of that:

You also have facial tracking that could make it's way into some of the better 2nd generation headsets:

That being said, IK can still be very compelling for full body avatars even without full body tracking:

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Still waiting on Gods and Monsters gameplay, considering the game is supposed to release February 25th. I wonder when the delay is. We are getting closer.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like an odd decision to bring back SC for VR considering it's been in limbo for awhile and also considering that AssCreed's entire premise is basically a glorified future VR simulator, but sure fam. Keep getting your hopes up for SC VR.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
It's absolutely going to be Assassin's Creed. Makes sense both commercially and for the IP and its lore.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love it to be Assassin's Creed. Just port the guided tour from Origins to VR then inject it directly into my veins.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Splinter Cell/Assassins Creed is probably correct based on the info we've gotten but to be honest neother of those is that interesting to me in VR. Ubisoft definitely has some good knowledge in the VR field but their current offerings have come up short to me (havent played Star Trek though). Hopefully they can break through and make something worthwhile.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Oh god, here we go with the Splinter Cell rumors again. I mean I'm all onboard, but this always ends the same way.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think Splinter Cell would be an easier and more straight forward IP to do in VR, and recent comments would lead me to believe it's probably that, but I'd be more interested in Assassin's Creed (and of course the concept fits well).

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have full confidence in them.
I really do. Ubisoft does not shy away from trying something new. And once it struck gold, they run it to the ground till they mine every drop of it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Splinter Cell or (astrobot-like) Rayman would be great, but it will probably be Just Dance.

They have lots of VR friendly IPs.