• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever you play an Ubisoft game, you get Ubisoft Club Units for completing achievements. These points can be redeemed on various crap like cosmetic DLC and boosters. The most useful feature for a PC player would be to get 20% off any game on Uplay by spending 100 units.

The points never expired... until now.

UzmXVxX.jpg

On April 1st all points over two years old will expire. And there's a bunch of PR crap about them changing the Ubisoft Club even though I don't see a difference between now and 5 years ago other than it used to be called Uplay Points, now they're called Units.

You can check your points and how many will expire on April 1st here: https://welcome.club.ubisoft.com/units

Also they used my legacy username instead of my current username on the email so it says "Hello horrible_DRM" lol

(edit) cropped the email so that the username doesn't show, it's derailing a little

Last edited:
May 18, 2018
Also they used my legacy username instead of my current username on the email so it says "Hello horrible_DRM" lol

Hahaha I thought that was part of Ubi's email. I was curious as to what DRM had to do with the points units. This is also a weird thing to celebrate. Like, "Good news, we will take some stuff from you. Aren't you happy? XD"

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's disappointing. Probably not a big deal though, as I always have more than I can spend thanks to completing every AC game plus a few other Ubi games.

The 20% off an order (with limitations) for 100 points is a decent feature though. Not sure if it's one time only or repeatable, or one time only in the US perhaps.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I guess all the points i have from the inception till now will go away. Weird that they expire, 99% of the stuff you can buy is useless in-game cosmetic stuff. Just put a limit to 20% coupons people can buy?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
How annoying, I have over 300 points that will expire with nothing to really spend it on. I use them to unlock some of the cosmetics/items for new games, but I've already used them on FC5 and AC: Odyssey and there are no upcoming Ubi games I want before the expiration date. Plus, in the US, you can't use the 20% off coupon on any new titles, by the time the 20% off discount goes active a few months later, you can easily find the game for 30-50% off elsewhere other than Uplay store.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Im sure i have a bunch of those and i don't have any current Ubisoft games anymore to use them on and not interested in buying anymore of their games till March 19, hmm.. guess it'll all expire then

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Only 122 for me. I've gotten a lot of use out of those. I bet I'll have something to spend them on come Division 2 time.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Zero expiring for me, unlocking all the gear/weaoins I'll use once before moving on in AC games etc keeps the cycle going.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I think I only used them twice to get 20% off a game, but it kinda sucks that these don't stack with other discounts.

I mean, I got Far Cry 5 in the Black Friday sale, which was 50% off (30€) and I expected it to be 70% off with the extra discount (18 €), but it was 24 € instead (20% off 30 euros, or a total discount of 60%). Not a bad deal though and I'm really enjoying it, but whatever.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't get why they are expiring, I mean these aren't like things you buy with real money or anything, it's rewards you get from playing the games you buy, what's the point of making them expire?

I usually don't spend any at all until a new game is out, and usually have spare left (got 335 right now).

Seems a strange thing to change for no real purpose.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't get why they are expiring, I mean these aren't like things you buy with real money or anything, it's rewards you get from playing the games you buy, what's the point of making them expire?

I usually don't spend any at all until a new game is out, and usually have spare left (got 335 right now).

Yeah really lame of them to do this. Probably to force people that don't know what to do with their points, so they end up using them on the 20% off coupon and adding games to their backlog. That's what I did, luckily it stacked with BF prices.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

With the Division, a lot of the points could be used to buy things like cypher keys, cypher key fragments or premium credits (I can't remember if there was a limit to how many you could buy with ubisoft club units). Which, yes, you can earn in the game at a slow rate, but you can also just buy the crates with money that the keys are used to unlock. So, in a roundabout way, the points were being used on things people could be spending money on. I expect this will become more and more of a thing going forward.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, legacy points do not expire if you're in Canada?

"Beginning April 1, 2019 any new Club Units you acquire will expire 2 years after their acquisition on the last day of each month.* Don't worry! Club Units acquired prior to April 1, 2019 will not expire pursuant to this new rule. "

Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
I keep saving up these points for some reason. I keep thinking they are just like club nintendo points in the past where you could redeem for physical items. Now I have to remember to redeem them.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
April's fools?

What do they mean over 2 years? They mean the points we unlocked more than 2 yeasr ago that we didn't redeem yet or the points of games that were reelased 2 years ago? Eitehr way this is really a bad decision. You know people earn points from games they don't care about to unlock stuff for the games they want. Many didn't redeem such points yet.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
There is confusion here. The points on the website are different to those on your in game uPlay menu.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
After 1 April, points will expire after two years.

So if you had 300 points in total and 200 over of those were earned on 31 March 2017. You'll have 100 left on 1 April.

Is there anything worth redeeming? It' seems to be mostly clothing add-on content.
uplay store discounts

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
After 1 April, points will expire after two years.

So if you had 300 points in total and 200 over of those were earned on 31 March 2017. You'll have 100 left on 1 April.

Is there anything worth redeeming? It' seems to be mostly clothing add-on content.

Thanks for reminding me. I may use the poits to unlock stuff for the games that got offered through PS Plus like Steep or Rayman Legends or For Honor or for the games I may get too.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
1160 to expire. :(

I'm too busy catching up on strategy/sim PC gaming at the moment, my PS4 has been gathering dust this year. Feels bad losing invisible credits though. I feel like I just lost XP in an RPG or something.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Please explain.
So the points I see in the UPlay application are not the points I can exchange for 20% discount?

And where do you exchange points for this discount?
When I'm signed into the link in the OP it says I have like 80 uPlay coins and 60 will expire. But when I log in on my ps4 in a game like Siege I have 1,600+. They must be something different.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Seems as good a place as any to update here. I had always thought that in the US the "spend 100 Uplay points and get a 20% off code" was one time only, because each time I clicked on it since in the Uplay client it said it had been used. I just tried it now on the website instead and it gave me a code, which I promptly used to get 20% off the Spring Sale price of AC Odyssey Gold Edition, so $26 and change before tax.

Nov 5, 2017
2000 points.
Quite a shitty way to go about gamer loyalty.

EDIT: The rewards aren't very good which is why I have so many saved up.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I only have 465 points scheduled to expire.

I don't plan on doing anything about it.

I spent a bunch, I wanna say it was like... unno years ago. I don't play that many Ubi games anymore so it's not important to me if I use them or not.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I had about 3,200 before I went into Uplay and bought everything I could in every game I own. No I'm only going to be saying goodbye to like 2,000. Oh well.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
The thing is there's really not that much on there that you'd be able to grab up with your expiring coins. I got the notice that I was losing about 160, and as I just started Division 2 I went in to look at the store and there was only currently about that much worth of stuff to get, none of it that inspiring (Agent outfits from the E3 demo? Sure, but when those agents' dress sense is beige and green, it's not that different from the basic apparel you get in the game...). There was some other stuff that was not currently available for purchase and it said check back later, not sure why.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I used some of my expiring credit on some R6 Siege renown boosters, they get added to your R6 account when you unlock, so you can use them anytime.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Bought all the division 2 stuff and the 20% off which expires in June. Still have like 250 point to spend. Only other game i can probably use those on is Assassins creed origins but I don't know if I am going to go back and play that game lol. Hope more division 2 stuff shows up in the next few days

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure if we're taking about the same Uplay points here. Says I've nothing that is about to expire. :) Might be because I'm getting all content without thinking, as I've never had a lack of points to get all content.