• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'm just but a simple woman craving HZD content very badly, but... *takes a long hard look at that copy of MHW Iceborn resting nonchalantly on my SO's desk* yep, I'm still not into MHW in the very slightest, bummer!

Same. I mean, not the woman part, but I am craving HZD content badly and I just can't get myself to play MHW. I tried, but.... no.

Guerilla better be hard at work on Horizon 2.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'm just but a simple woman craving HZD content very badly, but... *takes a long hard look at that copy of MHW Iceborn resting nonchalantly on my SO's desk* yep, I'm still not into MHW in the very slightest, bummer!

I'm glad a lot of people will get to enjoy this very cool crossover though, it's amazing they're doing this!

Don't worry, i'm just a simple woman who hasn't even opened her copy yet, We'll get to it!

heartshapedaloy_5F00_610.jpg

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
What's the best recommended gear to start the expansion? I don't remember how far I got into MHW

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's quite cool that there is a normal armor set of the Horizon stuff in addition to the Full Armor sets. And as a lover of all glowing stuff, very into the Anniversary Fest space stuff. And totally ready to be like everyone else in their Odogaron layered armor.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
What's the best recommended gear to start the expansion? I don't remember how far I got into MHW
If you haven't reached the end of the base game I would say the Guardian set until you can make some Master rank gear. It's a freebie for Iceborne. There area also analogous weapons releasing with the patch.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god ANOTHER biome for guiding lands? I just got volcanic to level 7...

Are they going to add more extra slots to weapons?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's the longsword in the OP, not the greatsword. It's too thin.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
What exactly can I get right now from Horizon collab? I understand that only the Stormlinger and new content starting Dec 13th, right?

I'm mostly interested in Aloy's Shield Weaver full armor, Frostclaw Palico's armor, and Banuk armor set. When can I get all of this?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly can I get right now from Horizon collab? I understand that only the Stormlinger and new content starting Dec 13th, right?

I'm mostly interested in Aloy's Shield Weaver full armor, Frostclaw Palico's armor, and Banuk armor set. When can I get all of this?

Shield-weaver and frostclaw and upgrade for the stormslinger are December 13, Banuk stuff is December 27.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god ANOTHER biome for guiding lands? I just got volcanic to level 7...

Are they going to add more extra slots to weapons?
They confirmed additional augment slots in the dev diary. If it's anything like the last update, you'll unlock them with tempered parts from the Level 7 exclusive monster, which will be Ruiner Nergigante.

Most likely we'll see an extra level of custom augments as well.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I believe all of these quests will be available until early January, so there's no rush.

Yeah, I won't miss anything this time for sure (slept on World last year). I still have several armors to craft and I haven't fought Brute Tigrex yet (the only monster I've left until Sygian Zinogre and Tempered Ruiner Nerg) so I have quite a bit of content to engage with.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched this and the amount of content is amazing. All in. Buying all the DLC lmao

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Wow, that's a lot of stuff. It's about time they added more layered armor.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Dev Diary Part 2: The Mature Form of Xeno'jiiva Raid

Those armors and weapons look great.

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Holy moly the new weapons and armors are freaking awesome. Love the awakening stuff, hopefully this comes in february on pc.