• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
EDIT: Ubisoft edited the webpage and erased the section about back-compat

EDIT2: Section back up

EDIT3: Page is down.

EDIT: to stop further editing, will leave the print of the website

Ell6chWU0AAFqLG

ubisoftconnect.com

News - Ubisoft Connect

Check the latest news about Ubisoft games

From
ubisoftconnect.com

News - Ubisoft Connect

Check the latest news about Ubisoft games

Games with Backwards compatibility

Most of our back catalogue of games will have backward compatibility between the next and current generation of consoles, with a few exceptions*. This means that you will be able to play your Xbox One game on Xbox Series X|S, or play your PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5. On top of that, some of our backwards compatible games will have cross progression available within the same family of console: For Honor (with free graphical enhancements), The Division 2, The Crew 2 and the upcoming releases of Just Dance 2021 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

* on Xbox Series X|S, all our Xbox One games will be backward compatible. On PlayStation®5, all games will be backward compatible except the following ones: Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack, Assassin's Creed Chronicles India, Assassin's Creed Chronicles China, Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia, Risk, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within, Space Junkies.

list of the games:

• Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles India
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia
  • Risk
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Werewolves Within
  • Space Junkies
Add IGN article

www.ign.com

Update: Ubisoft Reveals Full PS5, Xbox Series X Upgrade Plan - IGN

Ubisoft has announced details regarding their next-gen upgrade and backwards compatibility plans for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Am I reading it wrong? Sorry if already posted

Last edited:

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are being withheld by the developer, perhaps for unintended performance reasons.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Sony lied or Sony tried?
Dont care about those games, but if this is true there will be more then only Sony's list.
Maybe patched later? why wouldnt these titles be BC ready?

LinLeigh

Oct 25, 2017
Probably means they are not supported with Ubisoft Connect and continuing your game.

I imagine it has nothing to do with just playing them on ps5

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
This is going to very interesting going forward if this is the case, and part of the reason that I'm going to hold onto my PS4 Pro for the time being.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Those are all the PS Vita port games right?

Tomb Raider GO and I think Hitman GO also don't work.

Wonder if some technique to port Vita to PS4 games is causing BC issues?

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I checked the AC Chronicles Trilogy listing on PSN and it says it can run "with errors on PS5".

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm thinking that those games just aren't playable right now and will be later or somehow just slipped through the cracks at Sony?

Shame about Syndicate though

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
Maybe they're not allowing those games to be played on PS5 so they can resell them? I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft did that, seeing as how greedy they are.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It shows as playable in the Store.

When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate

London, 1868. The Industrial Revolution unleashes an age of invention, transforming the lives of millions with technologies once thought impossible. But industrialization only fattens the purses of a privileged few, while workers struggle to survive in the factories that make London the beating...

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
yo wtf! sony???

i was actually looking forward to replaying syndicate again some time later next year but.......

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering if these are service-platform snags, more than what we traditionally think of when it comes to software compatibility.
Wait, that doesn't quite make sense, looking at the list. Several of these I know for (semi) sure don't have online check-ins:
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles India
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia
  • Risk
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Werewolves Within
  • Space Junkies

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

London, 1868. The Industrial Revolution unleashes an age of invention, transforming the lives of millions with technologies once thought impossible. But industrialization only fattens the purses of a privileged few, while workers struggle to survive in the factories that make London the beating...
Yeah, something's off here. Sony says they work, Ubisoft says they don't.

I checked the AC Chronicles Trilogy listing on PSN and it says it can run "with errors on PS5".

That's a disclaimer they put on all BC games.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Those are all the PS Vita port games right?

Tomb Raider GO and I think Hitman GO also don't work.

Wonder if some technique to port Vita to PS4 games is causing BC issues?

That was Liberation. Syndicate was the proper mainline AC (after Unity I think?), Werewolves Within and Bridge Crew are PSVR. The three Chronicles games are smaller side scrolling AC games.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

Maybe it started as incompatible and Ubisoft just posted outdated info? Honestly don't know

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017

When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

From that page

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
The backwards compatibility Digital Foundry video on PS5 can't come soon enough. Until it we will have a lot of assumptions without any substance.
Oh boy, here we go to another 30 page thread hahaha!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Remasters incoming.

Sucks that they run with errors but I don't see myself playing those games in the near or distant future.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it means the cross save/progression? although it certainly reads like they're saying those games won't work full stop.