• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

Whoa!! This is going to be nuts.
lBYwEDm.gif

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder just how long they spent doing VO to make sure people don't consistently get the same voice.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
managing characters looks tiresome..

soo if im doing a mission and i get killed, and no one else of my recruits its near, i will need to travel to the mission location and restart it altogether?

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Electric bullets are non lethal.
Holy shit! I didn't expect that since we're playing as anyone. I expected to customize the masks only. I'm so happy right now!
Actually I went back and checked, the clothing customization is actually deeper than it was in WD2.
qAOvFFC.png

Outer layer and inner layer of clothing are separate when before it was just "tops," and there's now an option for gloves:
HgYwHCB.png

They're going all in.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Actually I went back and checked, the clothing customization is actually deeper than it was in WD2.
qAOvFFC.png

Outer layer and inner layer of clothing are seperate, and there's now an option for gloves:
HgYwHCB.png

They're going all in.

Layered customization is awesome! I'm also happy that we can unequip eyewear and bags now.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's very clever. Also looks like you can choose to let them get arrested - which following the trend Ubisoft's most recent games will probably mean you have to personally break them out of prison if you want them back

I think I'm sold on this game. Absolutely a day 1 purchase for me.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's very clever. Also looks like you can choose to let them get arrested - which following the trend Ubisoft's most recent games will probably mean you have to personally break them out of prison if you want them back
There's a timer when characters get arrested. There are characters who have a stat bonus that leads to less arrest time. And you could circumvent that timer completely if you find recruit a lawyer character.

One can hope.
Just started WD2 some weeks ago and it looks really sharp and colorful on my PC - hope Legion will as well.
They've confirmed that legion will have raytracing support at launch on pc so it'll definitely look better.

Mar 29, 2018
managing characters looks tiresome..

soo if im doing a mission and i get killed, and no one else of my recruits its near, i will need to travel to the mission location and restart it altogether?
The direction recent Ubisoft games have been going, it's likely your progress in the mission won't stop and the mission will just be "loose" in the open world. So you hop into another character and head over to the mission and flow straight back into it. They probably keep other characters nearby as backup or something (or perhaps that's an upgrade or sth).

Also bear in mind you don't have to get killed. You can surrender if the fight is too tough and you get one "life" to fight on with, but throw away that life and they die.

I mean I fundamentally disagree anyway - character management looks snappy and fast as fuck.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I like the melee fighting. More of it. Also don't make enemies instantly shoot at the player character - my main issue right now with WD2.

s y

Nov 8, 2017

qAOvFFC.png

Outer layer and inner layer of clothing are separate when before it was just "tops," and there's now an option for gloves:
HgYwHCB.png

They're going all in.
Fucking yes.

Now if there's see type of plastic surgeon or hair style options it'd be perfect

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
There's a real elegance to how all these systems are built on ideas that were already part of the series.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Yes they said you have to break them out and if you have recruited lawyers or criminals who've been in jail before, it would help. Not sure how that works but I'm intrigued.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Full map:
xdeT1CM.gif

The world and mission areas don't appear to reset themselves when a character dies.
Pretty much the map I expected; AC Syndicate's, but bigger. This game is going to be incredible, easily one of my favourites of the whole show. If they manage to accomplish what they're promising, it could change a lot of stuff in the future of open world games. NPCs being full fledged characters is such a next-gen idea.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
That looked great, really ambitious stuff with the recruit system and them being premise with relationships to other NPC's.

Mar 29, 2018
Yes they said you have to break them out and if you have recruited lawyers or criminals who've been in jail before, it would help. Not sure how that works but I'm intrigued.
Genius. I'm so glad I predicted that haha. I'm sure they have perks that can lower security or get the prisoner to an easier to reach location or something.

It's not unlike in Odyssey where you have to weaken the Leader of a region with side activities and it changes their context, or the whole bounty thing with cancelling your bounty/wanted level by killing the person who put up the bounty

Ubisoft are all about the gameplay solutions to strategic challenges the days, it's amazing

Mar 29, 2018
Last thing I noticed is that they've pulled in the modern AC system where different area of the map have different levels, and therefore enemies have levels too.
At least there's only 8 regions and not like 40 ala Origins and Odyssey, haha

It also makes more sense here, where poorer parts of the city will have less police firepower but like Westminster will be a fortress

Mar 29, 2018
wondering if this game will lose steam after playing around with the options, seems nice for the first few hours but i think it could get relatively monotonous after a while. hopefully the missions provide enough variety.
Ubisoft are all about player driven stories, and it's not that easy to die in a Ubisoft game, so I'm thinking lots of cool narrative stuff will happen like you becoming attached to your various characters and a natural sense of your own "ensemble/buddy/caper" movie will come together

Also hope they do some narratively crazy stuff later on. Let you play the villain, add some surprising characters, kill off or imprison characters at certain plot beats, etc

The potential for it being your own, dynamic TV series is really wild

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Is it me or does it look like they upped the brightness? The nighttime doesn't look as dark and nice as in the official trailer and gameplay from the show.

I'm really digging the new melee combat.

Last edited:

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of Mordor's Nemesis system but now for main protagonist.

I loved OG Mordor. It felt truly next generation for me. Sad part about that little slice of reminiscing is that I didn't touch the sequel due to the MTX system. Looks like I'll have to play the hell out of WD3 to make up for my loss lol

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 got very close but this could end up being one of my favorite city sandbox games if they nail what they are going for.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of the Halloween masks, I wonder if we'll be able to equip a simple scarf/bandana like Aiden and Marcus. It appears they didn't show the mask options in the customization part as it was one of the things that wasn't completed yet.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I loved OG Mordor. It felt truly next generation for me. Sad part about that little slice of reminiscing is that I didn't touch the sequel due to the MTX system.
It's a shame you allowed yourself to be mislead by the forum. I beat Shadow of War the week of release and I would have barely known there were any MTX at all if it weren't for the dozens and dozens of threads on GAF into Era at the time. They weren't at all prevalent in the game or even remotely necessary. It's as embarrassing as all the people who were spreading false info about the grind in AC: Odyssey being massive if you didn't purchase the XP booster pack. I mean, you constantly got bathed in XP if you bothered to engage in basically any content at all.