Ubisoft E3 2019 Conference |OT| The Curious Case of the Splinter in the Cell

Xiofire

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell has to be a near launch next gen title.
I was waiting all conference for the three green dots and the high pitched noise, and it was in a mobile game and Uplay+ sizzle reel.

The pains of being right between gens I guess.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
No Beyond Good and Evil, no Wild, no Skull and Bones, no Assassin's Creed, such a bummer to not even get one of them.

The skating game looked fun to me though.

The Greek looking Gods and Monsters could be interesting depending on how it is. I LOOOOVE Greek mythology and it'd be amazing to get a good rpg game in that era that dealt with myths and touched on many famous stories like the Odyssey, Argonautica, then all the other Heroes/myths you have to work with.
Man, we were told none of those games would be there. Wild isn't theirs.

Screentime

Jan 9, 2019
That was disappointingly dull. Lots of shooters and grey serious stuff that made me think of last generation. Little in the way of epic adventure or exploration games. Gods and Monsters might be good but also that trailer showed us literally nothing.

Nintendo has to save E3 this year, for me.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Skull & Bones seems to be completely revamped, not a life sign of it at all. maybe they do the singleplayer mode everyone wanted or they are redesigning it to be a Black Flag 2, who knows

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo only has to fart "Metroid Prime" and they'll win E3.

But honestly, i'm definitely interested in some of these Ubi games: Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, WD_3, The Zelda wannabe...

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit. One guy at mixer said he is sick at cartoon graphics when Ubisoft showed mother and monsters. Is he fucking stupid? Im not usually ranting like this but I freaking lost it. That game was literally the only unique game in that show and the only cartoony game (excluding Just Dance), it was finally not about guns and grey brown graphics, it looked extremly beautiful and he dismiss it like that? Fuck that guy seriously. Im so angry right now at that type of "gamers"
Oh man.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
BOTW is like a Pixar film, and Gods and Monsters is like a Dreamworks film that wants some of that Disney Pixar money

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
As nice of a surprise as that new Rainbow Six game announcement was, nothing was too exciting, yet the conference overall was actually pretty good. It was Ubi being Ubi.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Every Tom Clancy game looks like the same thing to me. Endless modern military assault rifle 'extremist' shooting, but definitely no politics though.

No Splinter Cell, no Beyond Good & Evil 2. They end on a 'one more thing' that looks interesting but the trailer's only like 30 seconds long and doesn't give you any kind of idea what the game actually is.

What are we even doing here?

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly underwhelming.

I thought they might pull another Watchdogs and show an early look at a next-gen IP. And no Splinter Cell is just a bummer.

Really curious about Gods & Monsters though, hope it’s a BotW-like. And Legion looks cool, love that Clint Hocking is involved.

peppersky

Mar 9, 2018
Gods and Monsters looked like the most generic thing ever. "Our game draws on mythology", oh so like literally every single other videogame?

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed watching this conference. Had more content than Microsoft's gameplay wise (talking exclusives).

But the ending felt off, mostly because i was hoping it ended with Sam Fisher. Or Beyond.

:|

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
This e3 is weak.
Sony made the right call.
Theres been one game per show im excited for.
Gears
Watchdogs
Doom

As for square im most excited for the possible FF8 remaster which is sad.
Pretty sure Nintendo has this as of now

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So you have a brand new IP that you worked on for many years, and it releases in february 2020.

And then you have E3, where you have every gamer in the world's attention.

How in the FUCK do you not show gameplay?

dorjjj

Oct 31, 2017
Everything was Tom Clancy.

Why was everything Tom Clancy?

How is it sustainable for everything to be Tom Clancy???

HOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

TheRedLag00n

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
BOTW is like a Pixar film, and Gods and Monsters is like a Dreamworks film that wants some of that Disney Pixar money
I would call this the perfect analogy, but at least I'm interested in Gods & Monsters. Can't say that about Dreamworks films :P Press conference overall was bad, though. Where's Splinter Cell? Where's my Rayman 2 Remake? Why do they make so many MP shooters? Do we really need them all? All my hope rests on SE and Nintendo now...

Feb 8, 2018
Weak conference. Doesn't help that not even Watch Dogs legion looked that exciting to me. London is cool and all but this black&White resistance thing has been in games since forever ! A focused story with 1 or 3 characters at the max (like GTA) is what I was looking for

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I like to be optimistic, but I found that pretty underwhelming. Granted, Ubisoft games don't generally get my juices flowing, but I don't think there was a single game here I'll be picking up.

Still, great to see so many senior women on stage. And Yves is always lovely.