• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
BOTW is like a Pixar film, and Gods and Monsters is like a Dreamworks film that wants some of that Disney Pixar money

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
As nice of a surprise as that new Rainbow Six game announcement was, nothing was too exciting, yet the conference overall was actually pretty good. It was Ubi being Ubi.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yawnsome. I felt very subdued about E3 leading up to it this year. Maybe it was a premonition.

Also, I would be content to not see another cell-shaded grassland for a decade.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Every Tom Clancy game looks like the same thing to me. Endless modern military assault rifle 'extremist' shooting, but definitely no politics though.

No Splinter Cell, no Beyond Good & Evil 2. They end on a 'one more thing' that looks interesting but the trailer's only like 30 seconds long and doesn't give you any kind of idea what the game actually is.

What are we even doing here?

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The cringe is intense but beyond that, and I'm sounding like an old man now, surely they realise they're marketing these products to kids? It's unnecessary and embarrassing. Especially when they're reacting like 'Ohhhh shiiiiit' to their OWN WORK.
Honestly, I think that's exactly why they do it :D

Jan 4, 2018
Last Splinter Cell was in 2013. And we don't even know if there is a new one in development after this conference.

giphy.gif

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly underwhelming.

I thought they might pull another Watchdogs and show an early look at a next-gen IP. And no Splinter Cell is just a bummer.

Really curious about Gods & Monsters though, hope it's a BotW-like. And Legion looks cool, love that Clint Hocking is involved.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Gods and Monsters looked like the most generic thing ever. "Our game draws on mythology", oh so like literally every single other videogame?

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed watching this conference. Had more content than Microsoft's gameplay wise (talking exclusives).

But the ending felt off, mostly because i was hoping it ended with Sam Fisher. Or Beyond.

:|

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
This e3 is weak.
Sony made the right call.
Theres been one game per show im excited for.
Gears
Watchdogs
Doom

As for square im most excited for the possible FF8 remaster which is sad.
Pretty sure Nintendo has this as of now

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So you have a brand new IP that you worked on for many years, and it releases in february 2020.

And then you have E3, where you have every gamer in the world's attention.

How in the FUCK do you not show gameplay?

dorjjj

Oct 31, 2017
Everything was Tom Clancy.

Why was everything Tom Clancy?

How is it sustainable for everything to be Tom Clancy???

HOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BOTW is like a Pixar film, and Gods and Monsters is like a Dreamworks film that wants some of that Disney Pixar money
I would call this the perfect analogy, but at least I'm interested in Gods & Monsters. Can't say that about Dreamworks films :P Press conference overall was bad, though. Where's Splinter Cell? Where's my Rayman 2 Remake? Why do they make so many MP shooters? Do we really need them all? All my hope rests on SE and Nintendo now...

Feb 8, 2018
Weak conference. Doesn't help that not even Watch Dogs legion looked that exciting to me. London is cool and all but this black&White resistance thing has been in games since forever ! A focused story with 1 or 3 characters at the max (like GTA) is what I was looking for

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I like to be optimistic, but I found that pretty underwhelming. Granted, Ubisoft games don't generally get my juices flowing, but I don't think there was a single game here I'll be picking up.

Still, great to see so many senior women on stage. And Yves is always lovely.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would call this the perfect analogy, but at least I'm interested in Gods & Monsters. Can't say that about Dreamworks films :P Press conference overall was bad, though. Where's Splinter Cell? Where's my Rayman 2 Remake? Why do they make so many MP shooters? Do we really need them all? All my hope rests on SE and Nintendo now...

Yeah I was probably too hard on G&M, if they show gameplay and it looks decent I'm 100% on board with it

At least it's not "Tom Clancy's Gods and Monsters"

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Enough of what shit? you may have not been disappointed this e3 but I certainly was and to me Sony made the correct move staying out.
sony won nothing cause they didnt show nothing, i am disappointed at what was shown but you know the biggest disappointment? sony not being there, people here follow some business decisions like a religion or something, yeah, reaply great sony didnt show up, it was good for all of us.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
No Beyond Good and Evil, no Wild, no Skull and Bones, no Assassin's Creed, such a bummer to not even get one of them.

The skating game looked fun to me though.

The Greek looking Gods and Monsters could be interesting depending on how it is. I LOOOOVE Greek mythology and it'd be amazing to get a good rpg game in that era that dealt with myths and touched on many famous stories like the Odyssey, Argonautica, then all the other Heroes/myths you have to work with.
Also no The Last of Us: Part 2, WTF Ubisoft?!

Wild is a Sony game, nothing to do with Ubisoft.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It felt like over 40% of the presentation was just Tom Clancy, same-looking, military shooter stuff. Square Enix and Nintendo, you're our only hope.

Kierrin8976

Oct 25, 2017
Where is rayman and splinter cell? It's all I want from ubisoft. Both have fully skipped this gen and it really sucks

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feeling Microsoft > Bethesda > Ubisoft at the moment. While I liked Microsoft's conference, it has not been a spectacular E3 thus far, and usually I can look towards Nintendo and/or Sony to help fix that buuuut...

Square has games that could make for an excellent show, but they also flubbed real hard last year, so I'm not super confident.

Oct 28, 2017
The lack of Splinter Cell continues to break my heart every year. Also I got fucking trolled with that Adventure Time stuff that for the first second looked like a new Rayman. I started screaming with joy until it all came crashing down so quickly.

Watch Dogs looked really interesting! Super ambitious I like it looking forward to seeing more.

Just Dance put a smile on my face.

Liked the look of that sports game that could be quite cool.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Yeah it was dreadful.

Watch Dogs has me interested, but there are so many ways they can fuck up the "be anyone" mechanic, so I'm cautious.